Into the New Place

Time to Love

Hyomin POV

My name is Park Hyomin. I am seventeen years old. I own a company. Well I am part-owner. Six of us own the company, T-ara. Our company name sounds cool right? We build it 2 years ago. It is an online business for clothes, fashion items and songs. Yes, we record our own songs. At first it was just a hobby then it started growing. There is a catch though. Our customers and clients do not know our real identity. We like to keep it as a secret. All they know is our screen name and of course our voices. We didn’t know that our company will be this big. (well, for us it is big already since we are still in our teens.) We get offers everywhere especially after we released our first song - Apple is A. But it skyrocketted after we released BoPeep Bo Peep. Our parents supported us at first. But then we started focusing more into our business that we forgot about our studies. We didn’t fail but our grades gradually dropped from being straight A students to B-C+ average. It alarmed our parents and they found out our plan to put a hold on our studies to extend our business to Japan and China. So here we are…I mean here I am. After graduating from high school, we were supposed to go to Japan then China then eventually South East Asia, but no. Our parents decided that we should go to college…separately. Our parents are really close so we were not surprised that they come up with this decision. They think that we are still young and we should finish our studies first. We had no choice but to follow. We are still 17 and one of us is 16 and still in highschool. So we also made a plan. Me, Eunjung, Qri, Soyeon, Boram and Jiyeon planned to study for a year and still keep our business active while keeping our grades high until Jiyeon (who is still in highschool) graduate, then we all go fly together for our business venture.  

I like photography, so I went to Korea University of the Arts. It is a prestigious school for arts. Since I am going to spend a year alone, might as well do what I like. But it is quite unfair, I found out that Soyeon and Boram’s school are in a different city but are near each other so they live together in an apartment. Same goes for Eunjung and Qri whose schools are in Seoul so live together in one apartment. Jiyeon lives with her parents in Seoul. Hull, I am all alone in a place far from the city…. Hope I can meet some friends.

I found this really cool place. It is an unused small two-floor building. I fell in love with it and decided to buy it. Well, my parents bought it for me. I made the upper floor my room and the first floor my studio and my ‘workplace’. 

“Hello”

“Hello dear, how are you? How is your place? I am sorry your dad and I cannot be there to help you.”

“it’s ok mom. I can handle it. Besides, I know both of you are busy filming.”

“Your dad and I will visit you soon. I am excited to see what you did to your new place.”

“haha..you will like it mom. Ok, see you soon. Love you both!!”

“bye Sunyoungie. Love you”

Oh yes, my mom is a famous drama artist. My dad is a one of the respected directors. Though that is their status, at home, they are just simple mom and dad. They kept me away from the public. The public knows that they have a daughter named Park Sunyoung. So to keep a low profile, I go with Park Hyomin. I feel alone right now. My parents are busy. My friends are in the city…living together..haist. I need to go out and take pictures. I took one of the cameras from my collection.

Sunny’s POV

I am hangin out here in the park. I am going to meet my friends later. I like hanging out here. This place gives me peace. Click!! Wait, did I just hear someone take a picture. I take a look around and saw this girl with a camera. She was looking at me.She looks nice and fashionable. I guess she knows that she is in trouble. How dare she take a picture of me without my permission? Ok, I am a bit pissed today because she interrupted my peace. I am one of the queenka of our school and I do have a lot of fans. Maybe she is one of them. Too bad for her, I am in no mood today. I was walking towards her and she was waiting for me. I guess she was going to apologize.

Hyomin POV

This place isn’t so bad. I like the peaceful ambiance. Though I cant see the pictures I took just know. I am excited to see them when I developed them. Yes, this time I decided to use a camera that uses film. Click. Click. I saw this girl, her eyes were closed and she has a peaceful expression. I cant help but take a picture. Oops!! She opened her eyes and she is looking here and there. Her expression has changed from peaceful to…bit upset. Wait, she is looking at me. She is walking towards me with the same expression. Did I do something wrong? Maybe taking pictures isn’t allowed here. Oh no! What if I have to pay a fine!! I don’t have money. Ok I just need to apologize and explain that I didn’t know the rules and I am new here and I didn’t see any sign. Oh no…why am I panicking??

“Hey! You shouldn’t just take pictures without permission.” This girl said

“Sorry. I am just new here and I didn’t know I was just too caught up taking pictures.” I said. Hmm..she doesn’t look like a park officer or something.

“Just don’t take pictures anymore. It kinda disturbs me.” She said. Wait maybe she owns this park. How can taking pictures disturb her. She sounds serious though.

“Okay, give me your camera so I can just delete the pictures.” She continues.

Wait. Is she gonna confiscate my camera?! No way man. This is a rare camera.

“Umm…sorry. I cant let you do that. I mean, you cant just take my camera.” Not my precious….

“Well, you cant just take my pictures as well. “ She argues.

Oh so this is just about me taking her picture. It was not intentional I mean I was taking the whole scenery. I cant blame her though. My parents are celebrity and I respect ones privacy. “Oh I am sorry I didn’t mean to take a picture of you.”

Sunny’s POV

“Oh I am sorry I didn’t mean to take a picture of you…” This girl said. Don’t know why but this only irritates me more. She was about to say something but I took her camera by force as I want to delete my pictures…or even picture. I don’t care. I just want to check it myself.

“Hey wait!!” She said as I yanked the camera. it slipped and fell. Ooops..

“My camera.. Why did you do that? I did say I was sorry. And I was about to explain but you didn’t listen. Now you broke it. You could have just asked nicely. Not yanked it away.” The girl said as she picks up the camera. I saw it and it was an old model. Who the heck uses film camera?! Now I feel guilty. More guilty because she looks sad, I rather she shouts at me. I took her hand and pull her to this camera shop. This is all I can do.

“I am sorry I broke your camera. I just wanted to delete my picture but instead of listening to what you have to say, I broke it. So I brought you here. This is the only camera shop I know that is near here. Maybe they can fix it or you can buy a new one.” I said and she looked up. She looked like a child who was taken to a candy store. It’s cute.

Hyomin POV

This girl seems nice. She apologized to me and brings me this haven. I mean look around there are cameras everywhere!!!  I feel like jumpin jumpin jumpin. A girl came up to us.

“I am Hara. How may I help you?” She said smiling. I smiled back and was about to say hello but the girl who dragged me here talked first before me.

“Her camera is broken. Can you fix it.” She is so straight to the point and blunt. Didn’t even say hello. She forgot to say she broke it. Oh shoot..i don’t have any money with me. How am I going to pay for it?

Sunny POV

This Hara came to us and greet us. But I saw she smiled brightly upon seeing my companion’s child-like expression. And this girl smiled back?! So I said that we need her camera fixed. I looked at my companion’s face and she seems worried.

“Don’t worry. I will pay for it.” She gave me a small smile. And I smiled back.

“Oh great! Then follow me.” Hara said then pulling her. She keeps talking and talking. She said that the camera was rare and they don’t have the materials right now. I was about to call her..but i still don’t know her name. As I was walking towards them, I saw Hara hold both of her hands saying..

”unnie, i can make some calls to get the materials for your camera. if you can leave me your number then I can call you.”  This Hara girl…

“Ah no need to trouble yourself Hara.” She said smiling.

“But I also want to call you unnie.” Hara replied. Wait, is she trying to flirt with her?! I still haven’t known her name. She was thinking of maybe giving her number to Hara..

“No need to trouble. Thank you for your help Hara. We will be going.” I said and I pull her out.

“Look..” I started.

“It’s ok. We apologized to each other. And I am thankful that you brought me here. I mean seeing all those cameras inside makes me more than happy. And don’t worry about this (pointing to her camera).” She said while smiling.

“I am sorry. I am glad that I made you happy today. I mean, I argue with you, made you sad then happy but I still don’t know your name.” I said. hoping she will give me her name.

“hahaha..well you forgot about yanking my camera and pulling me to places.” She teased..

“I am Hyomin. You are?”

“Sunny.” We shook hands.

“Nice meeting you Sunny. It was interesting. Hope to see you again.”

“Nice meeting you Hyomin. Me too.”

“Well, if I have the chance I will give you your photo. I can’t just delete it you see. So why not I just return it to you.”

“You still haven’t forgot about that issue?”

“hahaha..it is the reason we met in the first place.” Hyomin is funny. I got a message from my friends. Too bad our conversation has to be cut short when I am enjoying it.

“that’s true. I got to go. See you around!!”

Hyomin POV

Sunny ran. I guess she is late. She turned out to be a nice girl. I hope we can be friends! Yup! Fighting Hyomin. Today you met Sunny and Hara! I went home and there I talked to my friends.

“hey Hyo!! How was your day?” Soyeon ask. I told them what happened to me.

“Yah..you guys are so bad. Soyeon and Boram are together. Then Qri and Eunjung! And Jiyeon lives nearby the two of you.” Hyomin complains.

“Hyomin unnie..what’s so good about being near them? I am just the third wheel?!” Jiyeon complained. Perhaps just to make me feel better.  Yes, Qri and Eunjung are together. Soyeon and Boram, well they are kinda slow but we are just waiting for them to be official.

“What are you talking about Ji? You always bring IU when you meet either one of us.” Said Qri. Jiyeon blushed. We all laughed knowing that the maknae is growing up so fast.