Chapter 11

Idolicious

Mikasa’s POV

I noticed that Aureole and her butler seemed pretty close lately but I can’t blame her, he is pretty cute. Although, Henry is cuter, and he is much more sweet and innocent than L is, or at least from what I am told by the other maids. L is more of the trouble maker and Henry follows in his footsteps. So, they are like opposites from us because I am usually the troublemaker and Aureole usually follows behind me. We are quite the opposite but get along great for some reason, and I love the outfit that he picked out for me.
“Hey, why do we have to sit on our butler’s laps. Why can’t they sit on each other’s laps?” I whined, climbing in as I looked at L and Aureole and back to JYP.
Everyone was shoulder to shoulder in the car which forced somebody to sit on somebody else’s lap, though I thought it would be funnier if Shou and Saga did it.

I waited for Henry to sit down, then plopped on his lap and hooked the seatbelt.
“I’m sorry Mikasa, but they are the guests. So they should be treated nicely.” JYP replied, smirking.
“I don’t mind sitting on my butler. He is more comfortable than the seats, and I can use him as a blanket too!” Aureole said, wrapping L’s arms around her waist as she got more comfortable on him.
“Yah, you two are getting too close to each other…” JYP said, narrowing his eyes towards L.
“My apologies Master J. She took my hands and did it on her own…” L replied, bowing his head.
“Ne, so leave him alone, Unkie J.” Aureole said, sticking her tongue out at him.
JYP pointed a finger at the both of them, then pointed to his eyes, still narrowing them at L.
“I’ll be watching you two more closely starting tomorrow…” JYP said, trying to sound threatening.
“Wae starting tomorrow? And why aren’t you watching those two!” Aureole asked, pointing at Henry and me.

JYP’s eye got wider and then he instantly shut his mouth and looked out a window before he began to speak again.
“I’m not watching those two because they aren’t being all touchy with each other like you guys are, don’t think I haven’t noticed.” JYP replied, then looked over at us for a brief moment.
“Well, excuse me for speaking out sir, but I think you should watch them more closely than us. They are just trying to trick you by acting a different way in front of you. They are trying to cleverly hide it. Aureole, uh, Milady and I, are like this in front of you because milady feels as though you can trust her.” L said, smirking at Henry, adding a wink when JYP looked away.
“Ne, they are trying to gain your trust in the open, so they can break it behind closed doors…” Aureole replied, sassily agreeing with L.
JYP turned his gaze towards us and narrowed his eyes as well.
“I guess, I’ll have to watch you two closer than I thought…” JYP said, pointing to us.

After about ten minutes later, after the argument, we arrived at the rehearsal studio. Henry and I were the last to get out of the car. Though, as soon as I got out of the car, I was pulled away from him and taken to the stage immediately.
“Alright, get into position. We will start rehearsal in two minutes.” The director yelled, waving his hand in a small circular motion in the air.
I gave a nod and began to stretch along with Aureole, then do a quick vocal warm-up as the cameras got into position.
“Wrap it up girls, ten seconds until go time!” The director yelled, taking a seat in his chair.
We all immediately got into position on set and struck our introduction poses. I arched my back in, and bent my left knee, then looked at the camera and had a left hand on my mouth, so I could blow a kiss at the camera and my right hand on my hip. The director counted down from five and used his fingers for two and one, then yelled action in his loud speaker.

The music began to play and I immediately winked at the camera and blew a kiss before giggling and doing a playfully jump skip to hide behind a door, then peek out from behind it. The camera zoomed in on my face then zoomed out and did a quick camera switch over to Aureole. Aureole was standing on one leg with the other one propped up on a locker, practically doing the splits while standing. She had one hand on her foot to hold it in place on the locker, and the other was patting in a yawn, then she winked at the camera, did a kissy face and made a peace sign with her palm facing the camera. As the camera zoomed in on her face, she flipped her hair behind her back and gave a glance at the camera directly before nodding her head as the camera zoomed out again.
“And… CUT!” The director yelled through the loud speaker again.
Aureole and I walked over to him, and leaned beside him to see the playback on the little tv in front of him.

Amazingly, the first shooting turned our great and everything ran smoothly, so we didn’t have to redo it. The director patted us on the back and smiled at us kindly.
“You two, you are great at what you do. Aureole, you did well, you definitely managed to pull off the y troublemaker, but Mikasa, you are being a bit too innocent and cute for the camera. I love the fact that you hid from the camera and peeked out to show your shy side. Great addition to your introduction, girls. Now, can we get Alice Nine on the set please?” The Director put a hand on our shoulders as he talked to us, giving us warm criticism.
Alice Nine moved to the set but stood patiently, waiting to be told what to do.
“Hmm, maybe you girls should give them tips and help them out…” The director said, standing as he pushed us towards the set.
“Yes, Oppa Sir.” We replied in unison as we bowed.

I walked over to Shou and Saga, then Aureole started talking to Nao, and Tora. I was going to talk to Hiroto next but then the director told everyone to get off set except for Hiroto so we all stepped off set and hid behind the director’s chair. Confused, we watched the tv monitor carefully as Hiroto was striking a pose, then growling at the camera, he covered his face with a hand and revealed his face as he pulled his finger apart and pulled his hand away from his face. At that brief moment, the camera zoomed in on his face and a second later, He looked away from the camera, opposite his hand.

Tora’s POV

Hiroto was very good at his introduction, and he actually looked quite cool in the process. I admired his introduction, but I wanted to out show him since I am the oldest of the group.  I poked the director in the shoulder and bowed, then asked if I could see him off to the side. He happily obliged and pulled me aside with him, away from the ears of others.
“I was thinking, since the main point of the song is talking about a couple, for my introduction, don’t you think it would make more sense if I were introduced with Aureole in the shot?” I suggested.
The director thought about it for a minute and then snapped his fingers at me and smiled.
“That’s a great idea! The girls will be introduced first, then you and Shou will be introduced with the girls in your introduction. Then it would be the bad memories afterwards, and the good memories during the relationship. Of course, since you and Aureole will be singing the solo after the breakup, you’ll be the torn apart lovers and Shou and Mikasa will be the mushy couple.” The director smiled and clapped his hands once, in excitement.

We headed back to the group who looked on curiously, then the director looked at Aureole and pulled her over to me.
“You will be apart of his introduction. You two will signify the couple after the breakup.” The director said, smiling happily at his decision.
Aureole looked at me confused, then looked away with a stern expression.
“What?” I asked, tilting my head curiously.
“I think I have an idea on how to do this. Do what you think would look cool, like stand slanted towards the camera and reach a hand out, then pull it back to you and that will signify the camera zoom in. Once the camera zooms back out, I’ll do my thing.” Aureole replied, smiling happily.
“Okay. Sounds good? You know a lot about this stuff, don’t you?” I asked.
“Of course, We started out as youtubers, so we had to shoot our own music videos starting out until JYP contacted us after our parents…Yeah, I know a lot about show business.” Aureole replied, quickly then walked back to join the group.

I nodded to the director who snapped his fingers and pushed us onto the set. I stood with a three-quarter pose, looking away from the camera, with one hand in my pocket and the other resting at my side. When the Director yelled action, I raised my hand coolly and looked towards the camera, and pulled my hand back to me and rested it at my side, giving a wink before they zoomed out. When the camera zoomed out, I felt a hand on my stomach and something lean against my leg, so I turned slightly and down at an angle to see Aureole squatting behind me with one hand on my stomach and the her other hand on her knee. I looked back away from her and looked at the ground in front of me after putting both hands in my pockets before the director yelled cut and clapped manically.
“Bravo. That was beautiful! You showed such chemistry, and your face, Tora, it was simply none other than the look of forbidden love. That was brilliant, very well done!” The director said, praising us as he pulled us off set.
“Thank you!” I said bowing to the director.
“It’s called acting, Its kind of what I do…” Aureole said, winking at the director.
“Oh, you… Go take a break while we film the others.” He replied, playfully poking Aureole’s shoulder.

I was confused and looked towards Aureole for answers, but she had already disappeared from sight. Proud by what the director had just told us, I immediately walked off to find JYP but instead, when I was searching the break rooms, I stumbled in on L and Aureole. Aureole was sitting in a hairdressers chair, while L was gently brushing her hair and applying glitter and red streaks on the underneath.
“Uh, sorry, But do you know where JYP is?” I asked, bowing as I knocked on the already opened door.
“Hmm? No, I thought he was with the film crew?” Aureole replied, looking up from the manga she was reading.
“No, he isn’t anywhere out here… Do you know where he might be?” I asked, curiously.
L stopped doing her hair for a minute and walked over to the door, then pointed out of it.
“He likes snacks, so I would check the refreshments over in that general direction…” He replied, speaking frankly with on honorifics.

I watched him confused since he didn’t use honorifics but he just simply went back to doing Aureole’s hair, taking out a pin and putting up a section of her hair.
“What? I thought you were looking for JYP. Although, if you wait here, I’m sure he’ll be in here to check on L and I soon…” Aureole said, looking at me for a brief moment before returning to her book.
“Aureole, face to the left so I can get behind your ear…” L said, turning her face as he spoke.
“Arasso.” She replied simply.
L moved the hair on her cheek behind her ear, then separated it and started putting soft red streaks there as well. I walked in and closed the door behind me, then found my way over to a couch off to the side. A few minutes later, as L was moving on to the other side of her head, JYP opened the door abruptly and pointed a finger at the two of them.
“Aha! I caught you, didn’t I?” He yelled, instantly frowning when the only reaction he got was that L and Aureole looked at him.

JYP narrowed his eyes and walked in the room, leaving the door open. He looked at Aureole, still reading her book, and then pushed L aside and started looking through Aureole’s hair.
“Yah! Knock it off, you’ll mess up my highlights!” Aureole said, slapping his hand.
JYP pulled his hand back with a playful hurt expression on his face and smiled.
“I can’t do anything worse than what L did to it…” JYP smirked evily.
“You can’t pull that with me, because I trust L more than you…” Aureole said, narrowing her eyes at JYP.
JYP laughed and then noticed me on the couch.
“Oh, how nice of you to let Tora use your dressing room as well. That was thoughtful of you.” JYP smiled.
I then noticed once I looked on the door that there was a large crimson star on the door with Aureole’s name written in black towards the middle of it. I looked around at the rom and noticed that the vanity was covered in makeup, hair care products, and there was a couple wigs on the corners as well as a large rack of outfits and costumes.
“Well, he just came in on his own. He was looking for you sir.” L said, bowing to JYP using honorifics.
“Oh, yeah, actually, the director pulled me aside before I came here. He was very proud of you both for doing the introduction so well. He said your idea Tora was so much better than he thought it would be, and that special touch that Aureole added in was brilliant. He said that it was a masterpiece in twelve seconds. So, good job you two.” JYP said congratulating us.

Aureole smiled a cute smile, then stood up from her chair, with a highlight foil still on her head that prevented the spray from getting everywhere and pushed JYP towards the door.
“Yeah, thanks for congratulating us. Now, you should go back to the director, I think I heard him calling you? Tora, Hiroto hollered for you. I don’t think he knows where you went.” Aureole said, looking towards me after forcing JYP to stand in the hallway.
I laughed, and stood up shaking my head as I left the room. Not believing her story at first because I figured that she would want us out so she could have some alone time with L, I walked into the hallway to find Hiroto wandering around curiously.
“Oh, you really were looking for me?” I said, turning around to see the door closing behind me.
I laughed quietly to myself then went over to Hiroto to see what he wanted. As I was walking to him, he began to frown and pout.
“Why did you have to do better than me. I wanted to be the one with the best introduction, its not fair! I want a pretty girl in mine too…” Hiroto whined, crossing his arms.

I put a hand on Hiroto’s shoulder and looked him in the face.
“It’s not my fault that I am better than you. You just have to try harder…” I said, laughing as I patted his shoulder.
“You’re so mean Tora…” Hiroto pouted like a child.
“Well, you are the band in the background, so you can’t have a cooler introduction that the main characters, can you?” I replied, asking sincerely.
“I guess not, but If Saga and Nao have better introductions than me, I will be super sad.” Hiroto said, turning his frown into a half smile.
“That’s the spirit…” I replied, patting him on the back, sending him back to the set.
Following Hiroto to the set, I watched the little tv monitor intently from behind the director. I must say, Saga and Shou did a good job on their introductions, but Hiroto was still the cooler one in the end.

Mikasa’s POV

I was nervous at first since the director had informed me after Tora and Aureole did their introduction that I had to do my introduction with Shou. I knew that we probably wouldn’t be able to top Aureole and Tora’s introduction, but we tried our best. Shou stood facing the camera, while I was hugging him from the side. Shou smirked at the camera and wrapped an arm around my waist as the camera zoomed out, he raised his head and looked in the opposite direction, then kissed me on the cheek quickly as the camera zoomed in, then he looked at the camera, made a piece sign and had a stern look on his face. When the camera zoomed out, before the director could yell cut, I rested my face against Shou’s chest, my face, looking at the camera with a smile.
“That was good; it was very well done. Although, I must say I do favor Aureole and Tora’s a bit more. I don’t think anyone could top their introduction at this point. Though, you still held the image perfectly. I loved it, it went well with the music and beautifully together.” The director said smiling, his hands clasped together happily.
“Thank you, sir.” Shou said with a bow.
“I’ll try harder next time.” I throw that simple reply before waving my hand as I walk off set.

I feel like we did really well in that scene, though I know we probably could have done better if we had planned it out first. We did well for a last minute change, and it turned out nicely. I am still a bit anxious because I didn’t think the director would compare us to Aureole and Tora. I am used to being compared to her because when it comes to acting, she excels at it. I am rather good but Aureole can take a role and run with it, actually making you believe that she was the real living person in the script. My acting skills compared nothing to hers, but I exceled in singing and lacked in acting. Aureole excels at acting, but lacks at singing. Obviously we are both good singers, or we wouldn’t have gotten where we are today, but where one of us lacks, the other one has each other’s back. When we first started working with JYP, Aureole and I was forced into modeling for ads and playing in commercials in order to get publicity; Aureole would give me advice on certain poses and help me figure it out when I was confused. I relied on her when we did the commercials and modeling but when it came to singing, if she had trouble hitting a note, or figuring out the right way to go about it, she would come to me.
“Mikasa, are you okay?” Someone asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up and saw Henry looking at me with worry in his eyes.
“Ne, I’m just a bit tired. I didn’t get much sleep last night.” I replied nodding.
“Arasso. Here, sit so I can fix your hair.” Henry said, guiding me over to the hairdresser’s chair.
I relaxed in the chair, realizing that I had mindlessly wandered into my stage room. Henry patted my head and then leaned down to look at my face.
“Would you rather have blue highlights, or white highlights, or ice, frosty blue highlights?” Henry asked, smiling gently.
“What one do you think would look the best?” I asked in return.
“Hmm… What about both, blue and white?” Henry suggested.
“That sounds good…” I smiled, trying to imagine the highlights in my hair.

Henry started parting my hair and grabbed a can from the vanity. I felt something cold on my neck and jumped a bit.
“Ah, sorry. I am using foil to block the spray from getting everywhere other than where I want it to be.” Henry replied chuckling.
“Well, warn me next time…” I replied, smacking at his hand playfully.
I grabbed a book from beside me off of the table to my left, then began reading as Henry played in my hair and added in colors. After about ten minutes or so, the door abruptly opened to reveal JYP jumping in and yelling at us.
“Caught you!” He yelled pointing at us.
Henry and I jumped back from the scare and JYP looked at us disappointed.
“Caught us doing what?” I asked curiously.
JYP laughed, rubbing the back of his neck and just simply walked over to me. JYP started inspecting my hair and then began talking to Henry.
“So, white and blue, very well done? Seems like a good combination, I trust your judgment.” JYP smiled.
“Thank you, sir.” Henry replied, half bowing to JYP as he finished spraying that section of my hair.
“You two be on the set in twenty minutes. We’ll be starting rehearsal, but without the camera this time.” JYP said, leaving the door open when he left.

Henry laughed but switched colors and continued doing my spray in highlights after kissing me on the cheek when JYP turned his back to us. I waited patiently as Henry was working in my hair, then Henry put the can down and stood in front of me. He places a hand on either side of my chin and moved my head from left to right, then up and down, studying my hair curiously.
“I think we are good on the highlights Mikasa.” Henry said, spinning my chair around to face the mirror.
My hair looked amazing and I was very happy with the results. I smiled and pulled Henry down closer to me, then planted a kiss on his lips.
“I love it, thank you.” I whisper happily as he kisses me back quickly.
I hug him before leaving the room, but get pulled back as the door closes before my eyes and I am quickly spun around and pushed against it.
“JYP said you didn’t have to be there for another ten minutes… I refuse to let you leave early…” Henry said, in a deep voice only inches from my face.

I rolled my eyes but played his game and wrapped my arms around his waist. He leaned closer to me and smirked.
“That’s what I thought you would say…” Henry replied, winking as his face moved closer and closer.
Before I could say anything, Henry had already sealed my lips with his. One of his hands was wrapped around my shoulders while the other one was slowly making its way to my upper thigh, starting from my knee. He picked my leg up and brought it to his waist, now fully pressing all his body weight onto me. We kissed for a few minutes, then I broke the kiss by turning my face away and he frowned.
“Oops, now we have to fix your lipstick…” He said, chuckling.
He picked my other leg up and carried me over to the chair and sat be down, then gave me another quick kiss before grabbing the lipstick.
“I blame you for any makeup malfunctions…” I replied sassily.

Henry just laughed and gave me another deep kiss before he fixed my lipstick and made it look proper again. I smacked him playfully and he smiled.
“What? I did nothing wrong… You have no proof that I even did anything…” He replied, smirking.
“Ne, you did… My lipstick smeared…” I whined.
“Where is your proof?” Henry said, holding up a mirror to show my lips all proper and pretty.
I narrowed my eyes at him and he laughed then walked over to the door, opening it before he bowed to me. I stood up and walked out of the room towards the set. As I was making my way out of the door, the director hollered to me, so I sped up my pace a bit.
“We will start rehearsal with you and Aureole first, then make changes if need be.” The director smiled.
“Yes, Oppa Sir.” I replied, bowing gently.
As I made my way to the set, I noticed two hidden shadows by the dressing rooms and realized that it was L and Henry. They were going to watch us perform from the shadows, and cheer us on from the sidelines. Seeing them there, I smiled and was instantly filled with confidence.
“Where is Aureole?” The director yelled.
“Here, Oppa Sir!” Aureole raised her hand, standing on the set already.
I walked over to her and got into position after doing some quick stretches so we didn’t hirt ourselves dancing.

JYP’s POV

Although, I am really positive that something is going on between those two troublemakers and the girls; they really do make a good team. I watched the monitor carefully as the girls were getting into position and saw Mikasa casually glance and smile towards the dressing room. When I turned and looked in that direction, I saw two shadowy figures, no doubt the two troublemakers.
“L, Henry, come over here.” I yelled, waving to them.
The two of them bowed and came over to me immediately.
“Yes, Master J?” They asked in unison as they bowed again.
“Stay and watch them on the monitor, I could use your advice in case you see something I miss.” I replied, smiling at the two.
The two boys looked at me shocked and then shook their heads and nodded as they turned their attention to the tv monitor.

The music started and the girls instantly struck the beginning poses and began dancing. Even though the cameras are not recording, we have them there to act as a guide and help see if there are any mistakes being made during rehearsals. As the song slowed and lead into Aureole’s solo, Mikasa slowly lowered to a kneeling position and looked at the ground while the lights on her faded a bit and brightened on Aureole. The music began to pick up and Mikasa immediately jumped up and was almost instantly in sync with Aureole as they began to jump back and forth doing hand motions and then move into complicated foot work. The lights dimmed and Aureole hid down and covered her head, as she was looking down, with her hands as she moved backwards and Mikasa took the stage.
“They are doing so well so far…” Henry whispered as he placed a hand on his chin.
“Yeah, but in this scene you can see the studio in the background… the camera is too far zoomed out.” L replied, pointing to the monitor.
I nodded in satisfaction as the director signaled the camera man to zoom in a bit as the girls transferred positions into the chorus again.

After the chorus was over, the song slowed down to a medium tempo and the girls finished it off with a final twist and body roll, then the director yelled cut and the music stopped.
“Good job girls, now its time to rehearse the first duet. Mikasa, take five, Tora report to the stage.” The director yelled through his loud speaker.
Mikasa walked towards us and her face went stiff when she saw Henry and L standing next to me.
“You did very well.” I said, smiling as I patted Henry on the shoulder.
“Thank you, Unkie J.” She replied, bowing happily.
Once she was with me, I saw Aureole change to the beginning position of the duet and then Tora walked on stage and assumed position as well.
“Tell Tora that he is too far away from Aureole and to be a little less stiff…” L said, pointing to the monitor.
“Hmm, nice catch, he does look stiff.” I replied, rubbing my chin.
The director yelled at Tora through the loud speaker and Tora moved closer to Aureole and tried hard to be a bit more natural in his pose.

 

Hehe, I love this chapter so much. >.< This chapter and the next few chapters is where the girls and the guys start to form bonds which in return may lead them to many different places. They are so cute...???!!! Haha, Love yah all!