Dorm Life

My All For You

As dinner let up and students began heading back to their family dorms for bed, the boys found me outside in the courtyard trying to cool my head from what had happened. Jin told me we would straighten out all my information and classes for school along with sleeping arrangements. For today, Jeongguk offered me a bed at his family's dorm, even though it was reluctant, due to the fact that Hestia didn't have a family dorm at the academy. The Hermes dorm was always open to unclaimed children or demigods whose parents don't have a desginated dorm. Remembering how rowdy their table at dinner was, I kindly declined. Jin proceeded to tell me that I was welcome to stay at any of the Olympian gods' or goddesses' dorms due to the fact that Hestia was sister and aunt to most of the Olympian gods. The academy had a policy where demigods whose parents had no designated dorm but a godly relative did. Like how one of the Melinoe children at Olympus Academy stayed in the Persephone dorm due to the fact that Melinoe is Persephone's daughter. 

I told them I could take care of the sleeping arrangements myself and that they could head home. They agreed and dispersed, leaving me to wander down the campus towards the dorm buildings. I looked around, my eyes scanning each of the plaques and symbols on the doors of the buildings, signalling which dorms were in which building. Many of the buildings had shared dorms. The Artemis and Apollo children stayed together in one building, the big three gods' children stayed in one building, and so on. I was surprised to see dorms for even the minor gods like Pan, Eros, and Nike. As I walked down the nearly empty road, lit by several street lamps, I stopped before the Apollo and Artemis building, looking up at the windows illuminating a bright light. I could hear the sound of loud music and cheering coming from inside. I was startled when one of the windows opened and even more surprised to see J-Hope was the one who opened the window.

Looking down and see me, he smiled. "Ey, Jiae. What're you doing down there?" He asked from the second story window, crossing his arms and leaning on the ledge. 

I shrugged and replied, "Just browsing the dorms. I can't choose a place to stay. They all look so nice."

J-Hope grinned, "You're always welcome to stay at the Apollo dorm. We love visitors."

"Whoo! Party!" A loud boy shouted behind J-Hope. 

I quirked a brow, smiling, "What's going on in there? Is it always that rowdy?"

J-Hope let out a soft chuckling, making me feel a bit warm inside. "Nah, we're celebrating the return of the Artemis kids. They only come to Olympus during the fall and winter seasons when the moon is the reigning element. When spring and summer come back and the sun is the reigning element, the hunters leave to live in the wild. Though some of them can stay if they want to."

"Is that so?" I pursed my lips. "Interesting... You're going to have to explain the whole Artemis and kids thing to me tomorrow. I thought Artemis was a goddess."

"She is... but then again, isn't Hestia?"

"Touche." 

"Yo, is that Jiae?" I heard Jin shout loudly, slumping onto J-Hope and hugging him. He looked rather wrecked and drunk, grinning goofily with his eyes closed. "Ji-ji-jiaeeee. Come stay with usss. You can sleep in my bed." He laughed loudly and hugged J-Hope tightly. "J-Hopeeee, my dear little brother. I love you."

"Yeah, okay..." J-Hope said, quietly pushing Jin away before helping him to stand. "Hyung, I think you had a bit too much to drink."

"Nonsense! More wine! Where are the Dionysus kids when you need them?" He mumured, tipping over. 

"Okay. Okay. Let's get you to bed," J-Hope laughed before turning his attention back to me. "I'll see you tomorrow, Jiae. Gotta get this big lug to bed before he drinks the entire academy dry."

I nodded and waved good bye to the two. Just as I turned to leave, I noticed Taehyung appear at one of the first floor windows. We both paused and stared at each other, blinking every now and then. I blushed deeply, both from embarrassment and anger. He gave me a look that said, "I'm sorry," as he shrugged. I returned the look with my own look of distaste, and he started to laugh. My eyes widened at the sight. For someone I was pissed at for stealing my first kiss, he had a rather pleasant smile... you could almost say I liked it. He waved good bye to me before turning off the lamp in his room and closing the curtains. I pursed my lips, glancing around in thought before whispering, "Good night," walking away from the building. 

Slowly, I continued walking down the red brick road, naming off the buildings and dorms as I passed by them and noting their appearances. Demeter, where it was bustling with gardens and vegetation, along with some of the greenest grass I've seen in a long time. Dionysus, where grape vines grew on the front yard and up the walls of the building. Aphrodite, where it looked the fanciest with a cupid water fountain in the front and rose bushes growing beneath the first floor windows. Hera had her own dorm as well, and I was confused because she was in the same boat as Artemis, choosing never to engage in ual with mortal men. I made sure I asked one of the guys in the morning about this matter. Eventually I happened upon the big three building. Marble columns lined the porch of the building. There was a small fish pond on the front yard with plenty of trees and shrubs around. It looked like a really nice place to live in. 

"What're you doing out here?" A voice asked.

I jumped, startled by the voice before turning around to see Suga seemingly melt out of the shadows of tree, approaching me with a brow raised and his arms folded across his chest. I gulped, a bit intimidated. "T-trying to find a place to stay," I said, blinking rapidly.

His expression didn't change. It remained placid and ever cold. Sighing, he glanced over to the big three building, then back at me. "Do you want to stay in the Poseidon dorm? No one lives in there because we haven't had any Poseidon children admitted to the academy yet.. I'm sure you don't want to be in a different dorm with random strangers, especially after that incident."

I blushed, a bit flustered about the scene back in the dining room. I walked over to his side without a word as he led me into the building. Once inside, I awed at the sight, completely taken by the beautiful decor. The walls were a pristine white color. The floors were marble tiles and chandeliers hung from the ceiling with crystals so beautiful, I thought they could've been Swarovski. An intricate pattern was ingrained in the floor tiles, depicting the unity of a trident, a lightning bolt, and a helmet. I looked into the living room, where it was lined with black carpet. There was a large glass coffee table in the middle sitting on top of a rug that showed the sky, the ocean, and the underworld. Surrounding the table were white leather chairs, and portraits of Rap Monster, a pretty woman, and Suga decorated the walls. Rap Monster was sitting on a white recliner, too engaged in his book to notice me when I walked in. 

"Hey, Namjoon," I greeted, feeling it was a bit too soon to start calling him Rap Monster.

He looked up and smiled, giving me a friendly nod. "Hey! What're you doing here?" 

"I offered her a room in the Poseidon dorm until she finds a permanent dorm," Suga answered for me, flopping onto one of the couches and covering his face with a magazine. 

"Oh? Well, then welcome to the big three building. It's pretty big and empty, to be honest. So I hope you're not afraid of being alone or anything."

"No worries," I replied, stepping into the living room and looking around at the portraits. "Say, Suga, why are you in this building anyway?" I waited for Suga to answer but he never did. Instead, I heard a soft snore as his chest raised and lowered rythmnicly.

"Yah. You. If you're gonna fall asleep, go to your room," Rap Monster scolded, nudging Suga with his foot. Suga snore and rolled over, curling up against the couch. "I'll answer that question. We think Suga's a child of Hades, so we just let him stay there. His powers seem similar enough to a child of Hades for him to be one."

"Think? You mean he's not actually a child of Hades?"

"Ah, it's complicated. He hasn't been claimed yet, but he's been here for more than twelve years, so making him stay in the Hermes dorm forever isn't such a nice thing to do."

I gawked at the number. "Tw-twelve? He's been at the academy for twelve years?" 

Rap Monster nodded. "Yeah... If you're surprised by that, wait til you hear how long Jin or I have been here." 

"How long?"

"Jin's been here for fifteen years, and I've been here... almose all my life. Nineteen long years," he chuckled. "I've grown up in this academy."

I was shocked. "That long? Why? Don't you want to see the world?"

Rap Monster closed his book and placed it on the table, standing up and walking towards me. "Not really. It's too dangerous for me outside of the academy anyway. While most demigods attract one or two monsters, I'd probably attract a whole army. That's the reason I was brought here by my mother in the first place... she wanted me to be safe." He sighed, looking down at the floor. "I wish she could come visit me at least..."

There was an awkward silence between us before he ruffled my hair. "Well, good night. I'm heading to bed."

"W-wait!" I said, stopping him. I pointed to the portrait of the girl on the wall. "Who is she then?"

Rap Monster looked up at the portait and smiled. "That's my older sister. You'll probably meet her tomorrow."

"Really? Why"

"Mm... you'll see." With that, Rap Monster disappeared up the stairs to the third floor and into his room. 

Glancing over at the sleeping Suga, I muttered "good night" before heading the the second floor and into a random room. I turned the night lamp on and watched as waves and fish were projected across the walls along with the soothing sound of waves crashing onto the shore. I soon fell asleep, wondering what life at the academy would be like...