Wolf Got Your Tongue?

My All For You

Upon entering the Apollo and Artemis building, I quietly awed at the interior of it. In the threshold, the image of half a moon and sun combined was embedded in the tiles on the floor. Looking up, I could see the entire night sky painted on the ceiling. I could easily make out Orion's belt, little and big Ursula, and more. For a second, I could've sworn the stars even twinkled. Saeron jumped up and grabbed my shoulders, hopping onto my back. I lurched forward slightly before grabbing her legs, making sure she didn't fall off. So a woman who was as old as Greece, she was very light. She hugged my shoulders and grinned, pointing down the main, lower level hallway. "Onward to room number one!" She ordered, as if urging on her army.

I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled, starting to fast walk my way to the first room. Taehyung and Hongbin followed us before parting ways and entering room two, their room. Saeron jumped off and took out her key card, sliding it into the card slot before entering the room. I jumped slightly, frightened when a sudden bark came from the room. "Stella!" Saeron squealed, running into the room and hugging the rather large, white wolf sitting on her bed. The wolf stared at me with its piercing blue eyes, its tail wagging. I gulped, a bit intimidated by its glare when another wolf came up from behind me and nudged me. I turned around and took a few steps backward, not taking my eyes off of the gray wolf standing before me. It arched its back and bared its teeth, keeping its head low as it growled at me. 

"N-nice, wolfy," I said soft, putting my hands out defensive. "Please don't hurt me." I shut my eyes and looked away as it pounced on me. It's paws pressed onto my chest as it leaned in close, growling even deeper. I squeaked in fear, but the wolf simply whined softly before lavishing me with kisses. "W-wolfy?" I questioned, opening my eyes and giggling. "Cute!" I grinned and pet his fur, the wolf obviously enjoying the experience. 

"You seem to be making friends with everyone today, aren't you?" Taehyung asked, standing at the doorway and leaning on the doorframe. He whistled and the wolf bounded towards its master. He smiled, a smile I'd only seen once before. Crouching down, he hugged the wolf and began pouring his affection on it, forgetting that there were others in the room. I cleared my throat, and he looked up, clearing his own before standing back up, patting the wolf's head. "This is Nox. I've taken care of him since he was a pup."

I smiled slightly and waved at the wolf, who's striking yellow eyes seemed to twinkle with intelligence. "Hello, Nox."

"Yah, Taehyung, what are you doing in my room?" Saeron grumbled, hugging Stella tightly as she laid in bed. 

Taehyung tucked his hands into his pocket as he spoke. "Jin invited us upstairs for another round of celebrating. Are you coming?"

I blinked, whispering to myself that I could've sworn they partied yesterday. "Again?" I asked quietly, though I'm sure Taehyung heard me.

"Yeah. When the Apollo kids party, they party for nearly a week," Taehyung sighed. "Centuries later and nothing has changed..."

Saeron pouted, letting out a soft sigh as well. "I'm tired... but I'll go! Just for a little bit. Can we take Jiae? I'm sure she'll like it."

Taehyung looked at me with distaste and quirked a brow. I shot him a dirty look, returning the expression. "She's not going in her uniform, is she? She's going to get laughed at."

Saeron chuckled and sat up in bed, letting her legs dangle over the side. "Of course not. I'll lend her something."

"All right. I'll be back over in twenty minutes. You guys better be done by then," Taehyung replied, whistling for Nox to follow him before shutting the door. 

Saeron hopped off her bed and skipped over to her closet, quickly rummaging through all the clothes hanging inside. I looked around her room and noticed there was an extra bed, but that side of the room was bare. As if it was uninhabited. I found it strange, seeing as there were two to a room, and seeing as this was the first room, shouldn't it have been the first to be filled up. "Found it!" Saeron shouted, catching my attention. She grinned and held up a gorgeous black dress. It was sleeveless, but had a silver, beaded, Egyptian-styled collar. A thin, silver belt ran around the waist, made up of several snowflake shapes. On top of the black skirt of the dress was another layer of sheer black fabric, giving the dress more flair. For such a simple dress, it was breathtaking. 

Saeron walked over to me and shoved the dress in my arms. I looked up at her, a bit confused. "Well? What are you waiting for? Put it on!"

I sputtered, blinking rapidly and pointing to myself. "M-me? This dress is for me?

"Of course! Who else would it be for, silly?"

"I think it'd be much more suited for you-"

"Don't you start that nonsense with me!" Saeron puffed her cheeks out and shook her finger. "Go change in the restroom. I'll change out here."

"But-"

"Eh!" Saeron pointed at me threateningly, and I obliged, scurrying off to the bathroom to get changed. Once changed, I came back into the room to see Saeron garbed in a pair of jean shorts, a white blouse, and a navy blue cardigan. She had put her hair up in a bun and wore a comfy pair of flats. I furrowed my brows and jut my bottom lip out, wondering why she was dressed so simply when she had me put on a dress. 

"D-do you think this is too much for the party?" I asked, looking down at the dress. I tugged on the hem shyly, pursing my lips. "It's a tad bit short as well."

"Nonsense. It's only a few inches above your knee. If you think that's short, you should see the Aphrodite girls," Saeron rolled her eyes, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Oh, okay," I said quietly. 

"Come, come!" Saeron hurried me over to her vanity, switching on the lights of the mirror so we could see better. "Do you know how to put make up on? I'll do your hair for you." 

"Uh, kind of."

"Good enough for me," she picked up a black case and opened it, revealing an abundance of makeup products. "My makeup kit is a bit outdated, I hope you don't mind. I only use make up for ceremonies, so I never run out of makeup." I nodded and Saeron began brushing my hair as I slowly put make up on. She swept my hair to one side and curled it in soft, spiraling tendrils. Once she was finished with my hair, she took over my make up job and had me close my eyes as she finished my make up as well. "And.... done!" She said as she applied a coat of lip gloss. "Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and looked in the mirror, surprised to see the girl before me. "Is that me?" Saeron smiled proudly. The make up was light, but it was just right to bring out subtle features like curves of my eyes and lips when I smiled, or how my cheek bones shifted up when I grinned. "It's beautiful. Thank you, Saeron."

"Not a problem!" Saeron giggled, tapping my shoulders lightly. "Just a few more touches."

"Yah, Saeron! Hurry up!" Taehyung urged us on, pounding on the door. "You're taking five years in there!"

"Shut up, Taehyung! We'll take our darn sweet time if we want to!" Saeron called back. She turned back to me and smiled. "Ignore him. He's an impatient, little brat." Taking out a small perfume bottle, she spritzed it on me. I awed at the shining particles that cascaded through the air from the bottle and held my hand out, letting them land in my palm. My hair seemed to sparkle in the light after that, and I liked it. 

"Can you wear these?" Saeron asked, holding up a pair of silver heels. "They're perfect for the dress." 

I was a bit afraid to wear them, seeing as I hadn't worn heels in forever, but I agreed to it. She said they were perfect for the dress, and I didn't want to make her any later by making her find me a different pair. We walked over to the door and opened it just as Taehyung began knocking and shouting again.

"Yah, Saer-" Taehyung paused when he saw us, jaw gaping as he looked me up at down. "Jiae?"

I glanced at Taehyung, a bit taken back by how he looked. For a guy I have bickered or traded ill mannered gestures with the past few days, he sure did look handsome. His hair was lightly tossled at the front and swept to one side. He donned a white dress shirt along with a black blaze and black shorts that folded over his knee. His black vans showed me that he was going for a more casual look, not to point out the fact that his purple socks were a nice touch to the ensemble.

Saeron chuckled. "What's the matter, Tae? Wolf got your tongue?"

"Wha-" Hongbin awed, popping up from behind Taehyung. "Yo, Jiae, you're hot!"

Saeron frowned and smacked Hongbin on the side of his head. "Bean, that is no way to compliment a girl."

"No, no," I replied, shyly looking down at my feet. "I don't mind. I appreciate that you think I'm 'hot,' Hongbin." I chuckled, causing him to smile and rub his neck nervously. 

Saeron held onto my arm and pointed down the hall, towards the main threshold. "Shall we?" She smiled brightly and led me towards the general direction and up the stairs. I stumbled slightly but hoped she didn't realize. Taehyung, however, noticed the awkward way I was walking and soon became bothered by it. Upon entering the second floor, the sound of loud, upbeat music could be heard. People cheered and their were cups and snacks passed all around. Several heads turned and looked us up and down before exchanging whispers with one another.

Before I could begin talking to Saeron, she squealed at the sight of her sisters and cousins and bounded after them, chattering happily to them. Deciding not to bother her, I looked around the room and spotted J-Hope sitting on the living room couch, playing cards with Jin and other kids. I smiled and quickly walked over in his direction with a worried Taehyung tailing after me. He fell behind a couple of steps, not wanting to make it look like he was actually following me. I was frightened by the sudden of a boy. He was tall with bleach blonde hair. He shared a friendly smile with me and waved slightly.

"Hi there," he greeted.

"Hello," I replied, glancing back and forth between him and a laughing J-Hope in the distance.

"You're Jiae, right? Nice to meet you, I'm Daehyun."