College Days: Recital

Box of Candies: A collection of stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey guys I just needed to get this one out so that I could live in peace. This chapter is based on my experience last friday Oct 17,2014 but there was no Sica to give me comfort. Sorry to yultijjang I just think your requested scene in this chapter would be inappropriate so just wait a little longer."  :D

"I still have exams next week though but I will be able to handle it. Comment and upvote if you want."

 

Recital

            I did not sleep a wink. My mind was totally preoccupied by the fact that today was the day. It was a day of reckoning for me. I spent the entire night practicing my piece. I was pleased with myself thinking how I managed to memorize the chorus and the second verse in just a matter of 12 hours.

            I rolled in my bed clutching my blanket which had my girlfriend’s scent all over it. I smiled inhaling the scent which vaguely reminded me of roses and strawberries. I snuggled deeper into my pillow with the full intention of sleeping until 4 pm but my dreaded problem immediately occupied my mind.

            I sighed sitting up and staring at my electric keyboard. I might as well practice since I’m up this early it was only 6 am which meant that I only got 4 hours of sleep. I got down from my bed just as Sica entered the room wearing only a towel. She just got back from taking a bath it seemed. She smiled at me and I smiled back weakly. Dang! It was a good thing my mind was too preoccupied as of the moment to think of things related to the s word.

            She came around me and gave me a tight hug and a kiss on the head. Was she trying to kill me? She was only wearing a towel for crying out loud!!!

            “Baby…” I whined and got back to practicing.

            She pouted and muttered something about me being busy for the past 3 days. I managed to keep my hands off her for 3 days. I was proud of myself; finally I was showing some self-control. Sica got dress next to the piano like usual but it was disturbing me. There is nothing like a sight of my girlfriend in her pink lace to drive you insane. I shook my head and focused all my attention on the piece I was going to play. I was going to play Yuzerenai Negai which was the theme song of the anime Magic Knight Rayearth.

            Jessica was taking so long to get dress causing me to hit wrong notes numerous times. I held my tongue and decided not to yell at her to hurry up.  Finally she managed to get dressed. She went out to buy us breakfast which was shocking since she hated leaving her cul de sac and would usually ask me to buy one for her. Maybe she was being considerate since she knew very well how rattled I was for this recital.

            I really hate performing on stage! So many people would be looking at me. Even though I have known my classmates for so long I still hated the idea of being in the spot light. I heard a knock on the door and I casually said that it was open.

            My brother’s head popped in and he had this happy look which was the exact opposite of what I was feeling. My older brother Daiki, my twin to be exact lived in the same boarding house as me and Sica, he stayed in the boys building. He was short just like me with long brownish black hair that was messed up and looked similar to a bird’s nest making him look like a poodle. He was holding his dslr camera and happily grinning at me.

            Butterflies started to form in my stomach. Urgh! How am I supposed to get through today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter