Halloween Fest Story 2

Box of Candies: A collection of stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys I'm back! I would be posting stories for Halloween fest. I decided to drop the special chapter tag. My exams are all done and all that's left is my thesis defense. To those who are reading my other story Kaleidoscope Love i would update that one soon. Happy reading! I hope you guys comment and not just the short comments. I listened to Taylor Swift's 22 while writing this. Sorry that its just over a thousand words, I was aiming for 2000 words but I ran out of time since I'm going to church today. Anyway bye for now!

PS: I am shamlessly promoting my other taengsic story. I hope you can check it out if you have time. Kaleidocope Love. :D

 

Close Encounters

 

            “Well what do you think?” the wispy landlady asked me with a hopeful smile on her face. She had hoped that I would take the place and had even given me a nice offer of free wifi connection for a month.

            Mrs. Chong was a frail old lady with curly red dyed hair cut up to the shoulders and styled in the 50’s up-do. She wore a green Chinese style silk blouse paired with a penciled skirt. She had thick makeup and lots of gold accessories. It was the typical look of a Chinese businesswoman who came from the eloquent Filipino-Chinese community.

            I glanced at the entrance of the house that she was showing me and tried to smile.

            “I’m not sure yet Ms. Chong I have to take a look inside first.” I answered.

            “Of course of course.” Mrs. Chong replied and led me inside. I gasped. The whole house was gorgeous. The living room had a perfect view of the park, with floor to ceiling glass windows. The walls were newly painted. The floors were newly polished. Mrs. Chong told me that the floorboards were made of nara.

            “The whole house is fully furnished.” Mrs. Chong informed me as I stared at the contemporary furniture arranged neatly in the living room.

            “The previous owners had moved to the states. And they couldn’t bring extra luggage with them, so they decided to sell the furniture as a packaged deal with the house.” Mrs. Chong told me when I asked.

            She showed me the adjacent open area kitchen complete with kitchen appliances. There was even an oven which belonged to the very first owner of the house. The original owner had designed the whole house.

          “The original owner really liked this place but sadly an accident happened and he had to leave it.” Mrs. Chong said. It wasn’t hard to love the house since it was gorgeous.

            “I’ll show you the upstairs. There are three bedrooms in the house. A large master bedroom complete with a bathroom and walk-in closet and two smaller bedrooms. It has a balcony overlooking the pool area and backyard.

            Mrs. Chong showed me the whole house and the backyard as well. I was more than pleased. The whole house was like a dream house that I had envisioned when I was young.

            “Mrs. Chong this house is gorgeous but the price…” I said. I read the ad in a newspaper stating that the ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter