Halloween Fest Story 1

Box of Candies: A collection of stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is part 2 of Fate. I hope you like it. I'm just digging around my story bank for short stories that I could post. I don't have time to write anything as of the moment."

 

FATE

Part 2

 

            I am walking aimlessly through the dark fog covered alley. My whole surrounding is eerie, everything is illuminated only by the moonlight. Where I am going I do not know. I want to go anywhere but that place, visit anywhere but that place. I grip the bottle of ale in my hand and took another swig of the drink, letting it wash away the gruesome darkness I feel within me.

            The alcohol effect is not working on me today and this made me grumpier, madder and more insane. I take another turn and look up at the clear night sky. The moon is large tonight like an eye watching over me. I exhale loudly getting more annoyed at the feeling of being watched. It is pestering me so much. I end up lashing my anger at whatever I can find in the street, a rock, a twig. I am about to kick the wheel of a farm wagon parked near the road when I hear the distinct and irritating laughter of women.

            I look up and see three messy broomsticks flying in the air with three noticeable women riding them, witches, dark witches to be exact. They have been hanging around the town lately ever since…

            It is so common now seeing them fly in the night sky. Our town is like a Wiccan highway which it is actually. Craven’s Hallow is situated at the heart of the land making it the crossway to getting almost anywhere. It has been closed off to evil forces for almost five centuries since the founding of the Coven of the Roses. The coven her family has spearheaded.

            I clutch my chest feeling that annoying pang again.

            “We must face the consequences of our actions.” My father used to say. How I wish he is alive today, because if he was I would have strangled him with my bare hands. He is the reason why I am in this predicament.

            I continue to trudge through the night like a ghost. There is not a single life to be seen in the streets which is not a surprise. No mortal will ever have the guts to wander around at night, in a time like this. Sadly I am not a mortal and I am not afraid, it’s more like them being afraid of me.

            I’m a witch hunter after all.

            My family has been killing mayhem causing witches since the founding of this land. We have kept the peace, cleaned up the mess, and lately we have been hunting down other entities as well namely werewolves and vampires.

            When I first learned that I will become a hunter I was angry and pissed at my parents. I mean who will not be angry? I am basically killing my own kind for I too am a witch. It was then that my parents have explained to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter