Halloween Fest Story 1

Box of Candies: A collection of stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Part 3 and the last of Fate I'll leave the rest to you guys. Imagination knows no bounds they say. XD. Maybe in the future I'll make a proper ending for Fate."

 

FATE

Part 3

 

            “A hunter is bound to die alone. And anyone who dares to love a hunter is doomed to die!” those are my father’s words to me before I ran away from home and from his tyrannical grip on my life. He used to be a kind and courageous man full of vigor and enthusiasm. He saw the world as an intriguing kaleidoscope. To him darkness is not innate to men nor is it innate to mortals and immortals alike.

            But he changed when my mother was brutally killed by his enemies namely all evil witches whose evil relatives he has killed. I couldn’t blame them actually my dad did kill almost all of their clan. He like my ancestors before him has racked up quite a huge number of enemies. Well everybody hates tax collectors the same goes for witch hunters. We have a long list of people who want our heads on a silver platter. My mother did not die a pitiful death she has managed to kill an entire coven of dark witches before she rested on her grave. It is pretty heroic actually her sacrifice to end the evil in this world. She was a hero sadly though her death has made my old man go mental. He has become so obsessed with hunting down and killing all witches that he forgot that there is a large difference between good and bad witches. To the crazed him all witches are bad. It’s funny how he has forgotten that he himself is a witch or wizard whatever you wish to call it.

            I left his dome of protection to have a chance to live. My siblings on the other hand have remained with him until his untimely death while taking down another huge coven of dark witches. I am a bad daughter for actually being happy that he is dead. In my defense my father has actually turned dark without him knowing, he became a hypocrite and a tyrant plus a cold blooded murderer.

            Because of this knowledge and fear of the unknown I have stupidly come to the conclusion that I am not allowed to love. I feared that like my father I too will go mental when my love one dies. So I decided to shut myself away from the world and away from any opportunity of falling in love. I have turned down all suitors and have isolated myself from anyone who dares to capture my heart. I was doing pretty well on my own, I was not attracted to any men nor do they capture my interest.

            I should have known that my dislike for men was a symptom for something else. Unfortunately I happen to be too busy hunting down witches to even notice the difference in me. So on a fateful Saturday morning while tracking down a very powerful dark witch by the name of Magneto Vivain I find myself caught up in a trap that nearly killed me. I was happy to say that Magneto almost died as well because of a freakishly powerful binding spell casted on a town by the name of Craven’s Hallow. Magneto manages to flee the area with a seriously decapitated arm while I was left to die on the fields.

            It was then that I met her. She is my match, my other half, the one destined to capture my heart and never give it back. Her name is Jessica Dellaviere my one and true love.

            Jessica was different, firstly because she is the first white witch I have met in ages. I mostly face dark witches who apparently want me dead for just being a Karakov. The moment I lay my eyes on her, I was a goner. She was so beautiful it had to be a crime! She cured my wounds and then gave me a place to stay in her cozy cottage. As each day passed in her company I find myself falling more and more. I thought it is witchcraft but I was wrong. Love had finally hit me. She became mine on a beautiful full moon and I became hers.

            I moved into her cottage and we spend each day loving each other more and more. But bitterness always followed the sweet and I have become haunted by my past. I feared for her safety because as my father has said. “Anyone who dares to love a hunter is doomed to die.”

            I couldn’t let that happened. I loved her too much to ever cause her harm. I became restless and well paranoid. Magneto Vivain’s hatred for me and her didn’t help as well. I feared that Magneto will join forces with my numerous mortal enemies and kill Jessica. I couldn’t let that happen! I had to protect her so with a plan in disguise I decided to leave my one and only love and go with another hoping that by my sacrifice she will be spared from a hunter’s gruesome fate.

            I was wrong. I underestimated her abilities and took matters into my own hand. Now my love is gone not because of my enemies but because she has chosen to kill herself in anguish and pain due to a broken heart. I have caused her death. My will to keep her safe has caused her to take her life. I had killed her…

            The moment I saw her standing there on the hanging platform I knew something was not right! The people of Craven’s Hallow love her too much to even think of killing her. I at first stood there waiting for them to take her down but as I watched further I realized that they are doing the hanging against their will. I tried to get to her. I ran through the crowds to save her but I was too late. She caused the lever to turn and hanged herself.

            As I tried to remove the rope from her neck it was then that I realized how powerful she really was and I was an idiot! I couldn’t even tear the rope even though I have casted every spell I knew of! I am a fool, an idiot for even doubting her and now everything is gone! My heart had turned cold the moment her final breath has left her body. I was to be blamed! I was at fault.

 

            I entered my family’s spell room whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter