Out of the Box: Contented Love

Box of Candies: A collection of stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I just got back from attending the mass when I wrote this. I was inspired by the people around me and as well as saddened with the story I read before going to mass. It had the same plot as this but it ended in a very bitter and sad way so I decided to change the ending but still keeping its spirituality. I hope you enjoy this genderbender taengsic one shot! "

"Thank you as well to those who subscribed! 44 subscribers! You guys literally surprised me! to mjtaeyeon if you are following Kingdom Eras: Journey to the Land of night I apologize for not updating yet. Thak you as well to those who commented I like hearing from you guys!"

mynameiskai, freshstream, nineothree, amalingoo, ggsone121, SNSD_OT9, tae4ever, sanctuary361, sagi1211, MarshallLee, mzlyod, whyilovethem, Leire17, fxdeliciouz, eiggam_mv, satusatu11, Gingertaeng309, val102, hwaiitaeng, Linsterix, Khairananana, ching88, Abodes, SparklingCuteNinja, cydong, lynniel, b2utyndab2st, taeyeonlove, taengsics, sakura_choc, zaty_swetez, Taengri17, corrupted126, Gojeti, yultijjang, tamynl, xxxibgdrgnxxx, gradict, nomey32 Elaytaengsic, mjtaeyeon, tim_nuyb, Bumella and snsdfanfix.

Special thanks to Bumella for commenting two times already as well as for correcting my error. And also to fxdeliciouz, yultijjang and sakura_choc My keyboard is sort of broken so I tend to have typo errors. I apologize in advance!

 

Contented Love

 

            My husband Taeyeon and I have been married for 4 years. We met in college during my second year as a nursing student in ADZU (Ateneo de Zamboanga University). He was a Business Administration student already in his 4th year. He came from a rich family with 3 brothers while I was just from the average family and an only child. We dated until I graduated and after I passed the Nursing Exam we got married.

            He started his own company which later grew and became successful. I on the other hand worked in the hospital and did some volunteer work in the rural areas. We were very happy and loved each other very much. 3 months before our anniversary he asked me what I wanted since he was always decided what to give me and I accepted it with gratitude. He wanted to know if there was something I wanted this year so I told him I wanted a ring which I saw at a shop near the hospital. It was a beautiful gold ring with intricate designs of roses forming the band and at its top was a small diamond. I had wanted it the first time I saw it but I didn’t want to buy it for myself because that would be pointless. I wanted the ring to have value.

            I always passed by the shop display just to look at it and also to see if someone had bought it. Two days after I told him about the ring it had disappeared from the display case and I smiled inwardly knowing that he had bought it. My excitement grew each day as our anniversary approached. Finally our anniversary came and we both exchanged our gifts. I bought him a wrist watch since he had a fondness for wrist watches. I was perplexed when I saw my gift since it was wrapped in a big box. Nonetheless I opened it with anticipation and when I removed the last piece of wrapping paper I found a Bible inside. I was furious and disappointed at the same time. He didn’t buy the ring and worst someone else had bought it.

            I returned his gift back to him in anger and demanded why he did not buy the gift. I had never asked him for anything that ring was the first time I actually requested a gift. He was rich he could have easily bought that ring! I left the restaurant where we had our private dinner date in anger never hearing any explanation he was going to give. I just couldn’t believe he would do this to me! I went to my cousin’s place and stayed the night there.

            As I laid there in my cousin’s place I had made up my mind to leave him. I was so angry and so disappointed at him, he had called me numerous times but I rejected his calls and never bothered to read his text messages. The following day I stormed into our house and packed my bags and told our house keeper that I was leaving him.

 

            3 months had passed since I left Taeyeon. I had declined all his pleas of meeting with me because my heart it seemed had turned to stone. I was doing my usual shift when I passed down the room where a newly married man was confined his name was Kwon Yuri and he had a very pretty and kind wife named Tiffany. I had a habit of chatting with my patients and I always found Mr. Kwon and Mrs. Kwon to be peculiar. I also pitied Tiffany I mean her husband was heartless putting her through this. He had had his leukemia ever since he was young he should have given her a heads up. To be honest he should have not just married her to begin with. They have only been married for a year and here was Tiffany so close to becoming a widow at 24, just year younger than her. I checked on him as usual and tried to give comfort to Tiffany she was always optimistic and always smiling.

            I passed by Kwon Yuri’s room in the afternoon and felt something odd. I went in and saw Tiffany hugging her husband’s body crying endlessly. My fellow nurse had told me that he had just died. There was something about that scene that triggered my locked up emotions inside. Tiffany’s tear streaked face and Yuri’s lifeless body. It was then that I realized how hard this couple had fought with fate. I was then that I realized the reason behind Tiffany’s optimism. She hoped for a miracle of another day. She hoped that when she woke up in the morning her husband would still be there. But that optimism seemed to have vanished now all I could see was sorrow so deep I could not even fathom it.

            All my inside was shaken with guilt at the realization. So many people in this world were fighting just like they had. Material things of this world di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter