Christmas Tales: The Reader Part 2

Box of Candies: A collection of stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys since I have nothing else to do whole day but write my updates are coming in faster. This is a pretty long chapter and I hope you guys like it! I wish I could get upvotes that would be like the perfect Christmas gift you guys could give. The subscriber number has risen and thank you guys for that. My fave pairing is Taengsic and Yulti what's yours? You guys can request moments for your pairings if you like or if you want to see some of your biases make cameos. :D  

 

Christmas Tales: The Reader

Part Two

 

            The wind was cold almost freezing even. A snow storm suddenly fell early in the morning covering the whole town in a thick blanket of white sheet. Many of the windows of the shops in the street were frosted and the roads were super slippery making it hard for vehicles to transverse. A young lady wearing a stripped green hanbok with a pale green skirt was busy shoveling the thick snow out of the way so that customers could get easily into the shop.

            She was actually cursing silently because it was cold and the hanbok offered no protection against the weather. She actually liked the idea of wearing hanbok before. She thought it was elegant and graceful but now, she was hating it! Nothing was worst than shoveling piles and piles of snow wearing nothing a but a few layers of clothing for protection. Even though she was wearing earmuffs her head felt like a Popsicle!!

            She was so focused on her work that she didn’t notice two young men approaching the shop.

           

            “Minho are you sure about this?” Yuri asked his cousin anxiously. Minho only looked at him with glee. His cousin has been bugging him to go to this fortune telling place for weeks now. Minho bugged him until he had no choice but to give in.

            “Yeah! I swear hyung this place has the answer to all your problems! I heard this place was legendary and you could only go in by invitation!” Minho bragged.

            “So what makes you think they will let us in? We aren’t exactly invited by anyone. You know how I don’t believe in these things!” Yuri argued.

            “Stop lying to my face hyung I saw you watching a video about palm reading last week. Now come on we will bug them until they let us in and read our futures!” Minho chirped.

            They stopped in front of a street where a nice tree grew and they saw a young woman shoveling the snow away.

            “Um miss excuse me but is this Madam Lee’s House of Fortune Telling?” Minho asked the young lady. The young lady looked up from her work and screamed.

            “MINHO YOU SON OF A BALD EAGLE! YOU DARE SHOW YOUR FACE TO ME?!” The young lady who Yuri was sure was Minho’s unforgotten love Choi Sulli shrieked. His cousin never got over her leaving him after she caught him French kissing with Nicole Yoo at their school hallway. It seems that Sulli also didn’t forget his cousin either because she was sure on the verge of killing him with the snow shovel.

            “SULLI BABY I’M SORRY I WAS WRONG!!!” Minho begged with his arms stretched forward shielding his head in case Sulli does hit him with the snow shovel.

            “BABY?!!!!! YOU DARE CALL ME THAT AFTER WHAT YOU DID?!!!” Sulli shouted and was about to hit Minho with the snow shovel when a beautiful woman opened the shop’s Chinese looking door and stared at the scene of Sulli about to massacre Minho.

            “Sulli why on earth are you shouting? Put that shovel down you might hurt someone.” The woman said with a very kind voice.

            “May I ask what you young gentlemen need?” She said to them and Yuri answered because Minho have seemed to have lost his mind and was gawking at Sulli.

            “Um we were actually looking for Madam Lee’s House of Fortune Telling.” Yuri replied politely to the kind lady.

            “Well you have come to the right place. I am Madam Lee it’s a pleasure to meet the two of you.” Madam Lee said as she bowed. Yuri bowed and pulled Minho’s head down to show respect.

            “Please come inside.” Madam Lee said and they followed her.

            “Sulli darling please make some tea for us. Come this way.” Madam Lee said as she led them into a hallway filled with incense. The whole place was decorated with Christmas wreaths and lights but even though it was decorated like an American house it still had this weird aura of mysticism like count D’s place in Pet Shop of Horrors. It was like as soon as they stepped into the vermillion painted wooden doors they were transported into a different time and place. Yuri felt like he had returned to ancient china and the beautiful lady guiding them was a noble lady from long ago.

            They entered a room that looked sort of pentagonal and was decorated with more Christmas decoration. There were lucky bamboo plants around the room and the high ceiling made it feel like they were somewhere outside even though they were surrounded by red and green curtains. This whole place was magical, he felt like he shouldn’t be here.

            “Do you like the decorations?” Madam Lee asked and they nodded.

            “My daughter doesn’t like them she prefers the cold and dark aura of Halloween.” Madam Lee added with a little hint of mischief.

            “Your daughter? Sulli?” Minho asked as he sat down and gazed at the gorgeous room.

            “Oh no Sulli is helping me in the store. My daughter Jessica likes cold and dark work spaces for reading tarot cards.” Madam Lee chatted. She was such an easy going woman and Yuri found himself liking her more and more.

            “Now I presume you gentlemen have something to consult with this old fortune teller?” She asked them enthusiastically. Yuri found himself becoming silent and he sat upright and was unable to speak. Minho noticed him stiffening so he answered for him.

            “My cousin is having problems with his love life, very deep and very serious problems.”

            “On I see.” Madam Lee said as she started shuffling her cards. She looked at Yuri and he finally found the courage to speak.

            “I would like to find out if our relationship has a future Madam Lee or whether I should just stop it now.” He asked bravely.

            Madam Lee set up the cards and arranged it in front of him and then turned to him.

            “I want you to choose ten cards. And think of your question while picking out the card. Feel your question and ask earnestly.” Madam Lee said.

            He did as he was told and picked out the cards. Then she started to turn each card around until all the pictures in the cards showed. Madam Lee became serious as she read the meaning of the cards.

            “Hmm I see that your future is grim. Your relationship is clouding it. An eminent future danger approaches you but if you manage to persevere to the end keeping what you are fighting for in mind you will have a wonderful future together.” Madam Lee said.

            Yuri was amazed at how Madam Lee explained each card to him and how she managed to perfectly see his situation. She had three more readings with him and each reading made him stronger and more aware. He could picture the future he was going to face.

          “A King of Pentacles will bring you danger. This is someone who is rich and powerful and a man.” She told him.

            “Seven of Wands you are obviously outnumbered by the odds but if you stand strong until the end you will have a great life together.”

            “The Knight of Swords this is a warning card that you should not be reckless and that you have to think of your actions in the future carefully.” Madam Lee said to him and he listened well.

           The tarot reading was pricey but Madam Lee gave them a discount since this was their first time. Minho was jumping for joy when Madam Lee said that he would get what he lost back.

            They went out of the pentagon shaped room and Minho immediately ran to Sulli but stopped midway when a beautiful lady a younger version of Madam Lee came through the door clothe in a purple hanbok. She was very beautiful indeed with her pale skin like the moon and her blonde sun like hair tied into a braid and kept in place by a silver embroidered purple ribbon. He was about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter