Halloween Fest Story 1

Box of Candies: A collection of stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey guys I decided to post one shots,two shots three shots and four shots stories for Halloween. The story I will be posting now is entitled Fate. It used to be called Something Witch Comes. I posted it before as a chapter story but I ran out of ideas for it so I deleted it. I will be posting more updates next week. Tomorrow will be our piano recital and I am so not prepared for it. I will be playing How Great is Your Love by Snsd. I hope you guys comment! Thank you for te upvotes by the way. To yultijjang I'll post a rated m chapter maybe week since I won't be busy anymore by then."

 

FATE

 

            My eyes dart towards the crowd with their emotionless faces and the sad eyes. They mirror my sadness somehow. I look at my executioner awaiting his next move. I the great white witch Jessica Dellaviere was about to be hanged for witchcraft. Amazing isn’t it? They are finally able to catch a real witch. I suppressed my laughter at my predicament. I let my gaze travel to the skies which seem incredibly clear reminding of the times when I use to be in her arms, by the fields just enjoying a blissful moment of us being together. A tear threatens to fall from my eyes but I fight it and decide to just think of the happy memories. This is my last day on Craven’s Hallow so I might as well leave it happily.

            “Are you ready?” my judge asks. His name is Gordon Reighland a jolly man who always smiles but now he is not smiling. None of the townspeople are smiling actually. I want to get this over with before they take back the verdict and declare me innocent. Death was my only wish and what a better way to die than in front of a large crowd on a sunny day.

            I nod and smile sweetly at him and he begins to cry. He motions for the hangman to do his task while he runs away in tears. You might be wondering why. Well you see I am pretty famous in town; almost all of the townspeople know me. The resident healer of Craven’s Hallow, I always helped those who are in need and as a result I have many friends, from the lowly to the most distinguished families living in our town. I treated the illness of old women, helped in childbirth and well got rid of almost all illness that came about pestering the townsfolk. So in their eyes I was like a savior and angel given by the Heavenly One to alleviate their pains.

            The hangman comes near me and places the rope around my neck. I merely closed my eyes and after a while opened them to look up at the passing clouds. The hangman finishes his job but before he fastens it tightly, he places a soft cloth around my neck.

            “So it doesn’t show my lady.” He tells me, I can hear the sadness in his voice as if he will cry any minute as well.

            “You know you have saved my family numerous times, my children are born healthy because of you.” He says tearfully.

            “Don’t worry I forgive you.” I said to him with a smile. “Think of this as your last service for me ok.”

            He nods and prepares to pull the lever. A minute passes and still nothing happens. I turn towards him and see him trembling while tying the lever securel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter