I to U

Music Within Us

Volume 2: Chapter 3

I to U

너에게 나

 

JiEun's POV

 

I returned to my dormitory. It's still 5:50 PM..

I walked through the hallway with my blank face.

"Why in the world did I even say that? I haven't even planned anything!" I raged at myself.. "So embarassing! He already thought of staying.. yet I still-- ugghh eotteokeee!" I moaned and I reached my room.

When I entered with a long face, My roommate's rage was also waiting for me. "Hey." she raised her head up. She's really pretty, too bad she has a personality problem.. "YAH!" she shouted at me. I sighed deeply.. Now I have deal with this girl T^T "I-I wont bully you but I'll make sure you'll regret being my roommate!" she said and jumped to my bed.

I walked towards my bed and sat on it cautiously. "Th-that boy.. is he your boyfriend?" she asked while lying down on my bed. "Eh? Who?" I asked. "Aish! That boy you were with at the restaurant!" she sat up. "Oh, no he's just a friend." I explained. "Oh.. w-what's his name?" she asked. I tried to take a closer of her face. "Omo.. a-are you blushing?" I chuckled. "EH? N-NO! I-I'm not crazy!" she stuttered with her bright red cheeks. 

"I can introduce you to him.." I scoot beside her. "R-really?" she asked. "So you do like him~" I caught her~ I can't believe she actually soften up to me. Hyunwoo you are an Angel! "Aish!" she cursed at me and threw a pillow at my face. She transferred to her bed and hid under her blankets. "HyunWoo. that's his name~" I know she wants to know his name. "No thanks!!" she shouted and threw another pillow to me. -.-

 

JiYeon's POV

 

"Ahjumma!! Does that even make sense?!" I shouted at the landlord. "I'm really sorry.." she bowed. "Ahjummaaaa!--Arasseo.." I sighed. "If your son won't return my money next week I will consider that apartment sold!" I warned. "I'm really sorry.. I'll make sure to return the money to you.." she bowed again. 

Such deliquent brat.. how could he steal money from his mother?!

 

JiEun's POV

 

MORNING

 

I came with my roommate to practice with the others and I know her name now :3 She's Kim Yu Ra. . I was a bit cautious because YongHwa might appear. I can't face him! I'm too embarassed! I regret what I did yesterday! SO MUCH! "What's wrong with you?" she asked me with her rude tone. I kept on hiding behind her. "N-nothing." I stuttered.

We both arrived at a vacant practice room where HyunWoo and Shanny are waiting.  I entered the room first. "Hyunwoo-ssi~ Someone is--" I paused when I felt a kick on feet. I turned around and she gave me a fist hinting that I'm dead if I continue. "Anyways, I came with someone.." I said and she slowly entered.

"Oh, Aren't you her roommate?" Shanny said and stood up from her seat. HyunWoo's face looked pissed. He ignored us and continued with his laptop. "Eotteoke.. he's so cool.." YuRa bit her lower lip. o.o "Yah, tell him I already stop pestering you." she ordered rudely and pushed me. "A-arasseo.." I gave in and I approached HyunWoo. "HyunWoo-ssi, She stopped pestering me so you can stop being so cold to her.." I said.. expressionless..

"Eung.." he brushed me off..

 

--

 

After a few hours of practice, "I'm going to the restroom." I said and went out.

A few distance away, I spotted YongHwa with his manager. "Damn it!" I cursed myself. He also noticed me so I quickly ran the other way.

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I'm with my manager... and oh! I wasn't able to go to Busan.. I already informed my mother, she was happy to hear that I'll continue my career..

We walked throught the hallway while talking about a new album. "So there is a chance of coming back with a new album?" my manager asked. "Haha I don't think  it's that easy but I'll try." I chuckled. I feel much better now, I don't know why, but I kinda felt some hope inside me o.o

I looked straight ahead the hallway when I saw Miss Lee Ji Eun. She was halted when she saw me. I smirked at the thought of what she said last night. I frequently get run to her recently now that I think about it.. "Ah! Hyung." an idea entered my mind. "Give me one month." I said. The girl turned her back on me and started running. "One month? What do you mean?" he asked. "Give me one month to get an idea for my album.." I chuckled at my own idea. "Just one month? Sure!" my manager got hipped. "Yes!" he formed a fist with hands out of excitement.

 

---

 

My manager scheduled me to a show next week so I'm with my band right now practicing for our performance.

But I paused in the middle of the song. "What's wrong?" my manager was listening to us. "Are you hurt? Do you want to eat?" my manager was really sincere when he said that he'll treat me better. "Are you angry?" one my bandmate asked.

flashback..

last night..

"What do you know about me?" I asked Jinmin. "Oppa, do you really want to know why I dated you?" she asked. I crossed my eyebrows at her. I felt something wrong to what she said. "I only liked you because you were a star.." she started. "Bwo?" I was in disbelief. "I treated you well because your brother said I shouldn't hurt your feelings.." she continued. "I was only planning it to be a fling but you were so sincere I felt guilty for dating you.. then when your downfall came.. I gave up.. that's when I broke up with you, I used the excuse of you having less time to spend with me because of your business.." What she said seemed so unreal.

That's when I raised my hand so I could caress her cheeks to make sure this is really happening and she grabbed my wrist. "Oppa!" she shouted. She wants me to wake up. I went closer to her and finally planted my palms on her cheeks. I'm really not dreaming... "Oppa.. I-I told you I'm getting married.." she said. I removed my hands off her. I felt like crying. I don't want to cry but I feel so betrayed... all along I thought it was my fault..

end of flashback..

 

"I can't sing this song.. let's pick another song.." I removed the guitar strap around me. This song was the song I wrote for her so I refuse to sing this.. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

JiEun's POV

 

For the rest of the week, we kept on practicing for our weekly evaluation. Since, it's our first evaluation as trainees we worked really hard. Yura was on and off with us.. I guess she's used to this already. I also went to a muscic store because my mom gave me extra money thinking that I'm responsible enough to handle money. I don't want to disappoint her but I've been wanting to buy YongHwa's album for years. I took his latest album which was released last year. I looked at the album with sparkling eyes. "Why are you so cool?.." I drooled over the album but then I remembered my stupid antic I said to YongHwa last time. "ARGH!!" I cursed at myself and the ahjumma beside me looked at me with disapproving eyes. Awkward...

An of course, from time to time, we go to our classes at our college. Our music class was also on the same day as the evaluation day.. So we decided to do the same performance for our weekly evaluation and on our music class..

Not to mention.. during these days, I kept spotting YongHwa. On the hallways, the street, the restaurant and even at the training building.. I tried my best to avoid him. I'm too embarassed to face him after what I said.. I wonder if he really is looking forward for my 1-month mission.. I feel guilty for saying that... huhu

 

EVALUATION DAY.

 

D-DAY!

 

I'm together with the other trainees in one room. I'm sitting with Shanny, HyunWoo and unexpectedly, Yura.. The atmosphere feels very tense. We were waiting for the people who'll judge us..

It was quite noisy but it immediately went silent when the judges started coming in. My heart beat race as they got in the room.

"Ok, for this weekly evaluation.. this would be the first time the old trainees are together with the new trainees.." one of the judges started. They all really look like professionals.. Out of a sudden, a few people started coming in. "Omo, it's YongHwa!" Shanny whispered to my ears. "Shush! I know!" I whispered back. YongHwa also came in with MinYoung-unnie. She looked to our side and waved her hands at us. We shyly waved back with a smile and nodded our heads in respect. YongHwa looked at us too. Damn it. I quickly looked away.

 

The evaluation has started. The judges said that the new trainees will come first. Since some of the older trainees were already grouped as possible new groups for the agency..

This is really nerve-wrecking. My heart won't stop beating and I think I'm having cold sweats.

The first few trainees were really good. Some danced to hip hop and sang ballads, some also covered some songs from our seniors. Some also showed their skills in musical instruments. This is really scary.. especially with the thought that we'll go through this every week..

"Lee Ji Eun." I quickly stood up with the sound of my name. "NE! I-it's me!" I'm so stiff right now. This is scarier than the audtions! Especially with all these professionals sitting infront of me.

They just stared at me, I think they are waiting for me to say something. "Ne.. I'm going to sing the song I wrote a few years ago.." I gulped out of nervousness. They just nodded.. I took a seat at the stool infront of me and placed my guitar on my lap.

Ki keun jeonbotdae jomyeong arae -  Under the tall street light
Na honja jibe doraganeun gil -  I’m on my way back home alone
Gagi sirta sseulsseulhan daesa han madi - Saying the lonely words, I don’t want to go…

Jeomjeom neuryeojineun balgeoreum - My footsteps get slower
Dongne myeot bakwireul bingbing dolda gyeolguk - I go around the neighborhood a few times and in the end
Dochakhan daemun ape seoseo yeolsoereul manjijak manjijak - I stand in front of my house and fish for my keys

Amu sorido eomneun bang geu ane nan oetori  -  I’m a loner in my noise-less room
Eodinga buranhae tv sorireul kiwobwado -  Feeling nervous, I turn up the TV volume
Jeo saramdeureun wae utgo inneun geoya -  But why are those people laughing?
Aju kkamkkamhan bina naeryeosseum jokenne jokenne -  I hope a dark rain falls

Again, YongHwa gave me THAT look he gave me on audition day. "You wrote that song?" Minyoung-unnie asked. I feel kinda comfortable if I look at her side ONLY. "Ne.." I said. "You are pretty good.." the others agreed. I can't help but smile at their compliments. "But.." YongHwa finally started. "Don't you think it's too melo.. I mean.." he paused. "Yah.." Minyoung elbowed her. "No no! I think it's good but.. you also sang a simillar song during the audition. I was hoping for something more lively.." he said. Did he mean? the song Waiting by Panic? "Ne.. I-I'll work harder!" I said and  gave them a 90 degree bow. "Ne.. thank you." they said.

"I didn't know you write songs." HyunWoo said. "Pabo." Shanny knocked his head. "That was pretty good." YuRa said half-heartedly.

After a while, HyunWoo and Shanny's turn came. HyunWoo played the electric guitar and Shanny sang an OST from some drama. I feel so proud of them >...<

The older trainees were really good too. Some grouped danced with synchrony and the other did a band song together. As for YuRa, she wasn't grouped yet so instead she danced alone. 

 

-----

 

After everyone was finished. The judges stood up with papers on their hands.

"We decided to group some of you already after watching all the performance.. Don't be disppointed if some won't be grouped yet.. I took priority on the new trainees.." one man said.

"Lee Ji Eun-ssi.." he called my name!! I quickly stood up and took a step forward. I'm going to be in a group?!

"Han Yu Ra-ssi." what.... She stood beside me and didn't even took a glance at me.

and.. "Kim San Hye-ssi.." oh! it's Shanny!! She took the other side of me and giggled with me. "So you three are grouped now.." he said.

"NE?!" YuRa exclaimed. "NO!" she refused. "Ok.. if you do not wish to go together with these two, you may leave." MinYoung-unni said with a serious tone. YuRa pouted and crossed her arms. "I hope you three will get a long.." the man said.

I wonder who HyunWoo will be grouped with..

------------

 

The evaluation ended.. Some trainees weren't group.. including HyunWoo :( but the others were grouped too..

When we got out of the building with smiles, we all simulataneously received a message in our phones.

"Congratulations trainees!"I smiled at the sms. I feel so proud of myself. "Aish. This is so childish!" YuRa looked really pissed. 

I then received another message.. from MinYoung-unnie. "JiEun-ssi, you were pretty good :) I hope you'll get a long with Yonghwa for the week :)" 

What is this? Why would I be with YongHwa for the week? "Oh." Shanny received another one too.

"Congratulations! Leader-nim, Your group will be working with Jung Yong Hwa for the rest of the week."

"This is getting off hand.." YuRa sighed. "I-I'm a leader?" Shanny stuttered. "WORKING WITH WHO?!!" I exclaimed. What's with all these commotion?? Does this usually happen after a first weekly evaluation?! >....< I feel kinda excited about this!

 


end :) I hope it's not too boring ;A; It's actually pretty short, sorry..(cries in the corner*)because I got discouraged lately and had hard time with this chapter.. So I asked for help from my friend for this chapter... so Imma give credit to her :))

and Please read and subscribe to her fanfic:  Soul Switch

 

DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO moi / me 

and COMMENT :3 I wish to hear your opinions :) 

AND THANK YOU 23 subscribers!! O:)

-->MERRY CHRISTMAS!<--