Auditions

Music Within Us

VOLUME 1 Chapter 3

Auditions

오디션

Ji-Eun's POV

 

I was repeatedly bitting my lips as I was waiting for our turn. Shanny kept on resonating her voice while Hyunwoo was just listening to music with his earphones on. The heck.. Am I the only one nervous here? I looked around and observed the other people.. So many pretty faces.. How do I stand a chance with them? 

Out of nervousness, I stood up from my chair. "Where are you going?" HyunWoo asked as he quickly removed his earphones. "I'll go the restroom.." I played with my fingers as I answered. "Okay.. I'll accompany you!" HyunWoo stood up from his chair too. "Eww!" Shanny said and slapped his calves. "Ow!" Hyunwoo exclaimed. "You do not plan to go to the restroom with her are you?" Shanny pulled Hyunwoo down causing him to sit back on his seat. "Aniyo! I was just trying to--" "Then you are doing a pretty bad job.." Shanny raised one of his eyebrows while looking straight at him. "I better go.." I said with a soft chuckle. "Don't take too long ok?" Hyunwoo said. "I know.." I said and started to leave.

 

-----------

 

YongHwa's POV

 

First day of auditions. I'm a judge.. It's the first time I'm doing this. I actually feel excited.. somehow.

I'm inside the waiting room. Some staffs were fixing my hair and re-touching my make-up while I was seated and eating some snacks. "YongHwa-yaah!" Kim PD arrived. "Waah.. look at you.. You look so cool.." he said and patted my back. "Annyeonghaseyo." I stood up from my chair. "No no, go back to your seat. I was just here to check up on you.." he said as he sat on the chair next to mine. "I was really glad you made it.. I already had a plan B just in case you won't come haha.." he chuckled. 

"I just thought of what you said.." I said and ate some snacks again. "Do you want some?" I asked playfully. "Look at you! You look more brighter!" he's deep but loud laugh was all over the place as he took some snacks too. "Hyungnim.. I really want you to thank you for this.." I chuckled. "Don't mention it, it's like your my little brother you know.." I took a bite of the snacks and Kim PD suddenly placed his arms around my neck. The snack suddenly got stuck on my throat then I started to cough repeatedly. I think I'm currently choking.

"Omo! I'm sorry!" he said and patted my back to relieve my choke. "Get me a glass of water!" Kim PD ordered a random staff. "Ne." the female staff answered. "Are you ok?" Kim PD asked me and still continued to pat my back. "I'm not sure.." I said and continued to cough. My throat feels itchy. "Hurry!" Kim PD asked the staff over with the glass of water. I drank the water after. "Better?" he asked. "Yeah.." I said and cleared my throat. "I think some are still stuck on my teeth." I said. "I'll be right back.." I said and stood up from my chair. "Where?" he asked. "Just.. somewhere.." I said and smiled softly, reasurring that everything is fine. "Ok ok.." he said with a worried look on his face.

---------------

 

I walked around the place and my throat still feels kinda irritating from that choke but it's fine now..

I tried to clean some of the snacks off my teeth. I was having a hard time so I decided to go to the restroom. I passed by the room where the auditionees were waiting. I took a peek and woah.... A lot of people came. Am I going to listen to these thousands of people in one day?? Somehow this atmosphere reminds me of the past. I smirked and continued to walk my way. I went inside a nearby restroom and entered the male's restroom

.
"Hangeoreum hangeoreum(Step by step) Tteollineun balgeoreum(Nervous footsteps)" I heard someone sing from the outside. I paused when I entered the door. "Ah, ah.." the person cleared . "Hangeoreum hangeoreum(Step by step) Tteollineun balgeoreum(Nervous footsteps) Seolleimeul angoseo OH OOH(With excitement).." she paused again. I never heard of that song before o.O

I found out that it came from the ladies' restroom. I don't wanna peek because I might seem a . I looked around to make sure no one was watching ugh.. I sound like a .. I peeked inside. The girl had a black hair. She had a number on her back. I guess she's one of the auditionees. 000713... Wow, she has to wait that long?.. but there are two judges for this audition.. I wonder if I'll be able to see her then..

"Ugh.. I'm too nervous.. I can't sing this today.." She said and placed her palm on her face. I accidentally slip my hand on the door causing it to make a short and small noise. It caught her attention and she turned around. I quickly ran away before she could see me. I look like a right now..

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

Weird... I somehow kinda felt like someone was looking at me..

 

----------------

 

I returned back to my friends. "Eyy! What took you so long?" Hyunwoo asked. "Well, I soomehow got lost along the way and did a small practice in the restroom.." I said with a giggle. "Don't be nervous okay? You've already gone to a lot of auditions.." Shanny tried to cheer me up. "But this is different.. Yonghwa is the judge!" I said and sat on my seat. "Don't worry! There are two judges, who knows.. You might not get to be judged by Yonghwa.." Shanny said.

When she said that, I kinda felt disappointed.. I want Yonghwa to see me perform but if Yonghwa will be judging me, it would kill my nerves!

 

-------

 

574!

My turn is almost up! My heart beat keeps on racing.. This is the first time in all of my auditions that I'm really like really nervous.

 

------

713! Oh my gosh....

 

YongHwa's POV

 

Next is 714.. I guess I won't be judging the 713 girl.. "You!" I called a randome staff. "Call 713, I'll judge her.." I said. "But her files are at Mr. Park's.." he said. "Tell him I'll judge her instead." I said and playfully patted the boy's back. "I understand.." he said and he quickly went off..

 

------

"Kya~! Ji-Eun-ah!! It's your turn!" Shanny said as she dragged me off my seat. "Good luck!" Hyunwoo said and raised his fists, "Fighting!" he continued. "Don't be nervous! Just think that this is your best oppurtunity yet! Grab it! ok?" Shanny said and waved at me. I nodded at them as I nervously took some steps towards the staff who called my number.

 

----------

I was with the staff but suddenly another guy approached the staff. They were whispering something.

I entered a door with the sign, "Dream Audition Room 2".. I wonder if Yonghwa is the judge here..

I refused to look at the judges and continued to walk my way towards the center of the stage. I looked straight forward with a my heart beating really fast. "Annyeonghase--" I paused when I saw Yonghwa. OH MY GOSH. I ate my own words after the sight of YongHwa infront of me. Not literally infront, just a few meters away from the stage. "Annyeonghaseyo.." I continued. "My name is Lee Ji-Eun, 20 years old.." I said and bowed. "Hmm.. So what are your special skills to show today?" he asked and he was looking straight to my eyes. "I-I can play the guitar and sing.." I said. "How many years have you been playing the guitar?" he asked. "I've learned the basics when I was still young but then I started learning it seriously when I was just 18.." I said. "Oh really?" he asked. "Ok.. show us what you've got.." he said as he sat comfortably on his seat.

I cleared my throat as I placed the guitar strap around me. "I will sing 'Waiting' by Panic" I said to the mic. He looked confused when I said that and he squinted his eyes as he looked closely at me. O_O making me MORE nervous. HE IS SO HOT. His mouth kinda smiled.. >...<

 

While I was waiting for you,
I’ve been thinking that you got hurt when you left me. --- YongHwa looked so serious while looking at me..
So you’re crying on the way back to me. --- His face softened.. and the smile turned into a frown..
When I look at you, I suddenly think
One day when it's clear--


"Wait.. wait.." he asked me to stop as he wiped his foreheard with his palms. "Do you have other songs you could sing?" he said and he stopped looking at me.

"Well.. I was suppose to sing an original so--" "Original song? Sing that instead.." he said and he looked back at me again. He looked like he really want to hear an original song.. I kinda felt happy after seeing his expressions, it somehow gave me courage to sing the song but  still feeling a bit nervous.

"This song is called dreaming.." I said and started playing my guitar.. I was thinking of Yonghwa while writing this, like I imagined him if he was my boyfriend or something.. So I kinda feel embarassed singing this to him..



Naman baraboneun nun(Eyes that only look at me) -- I refused to look at him as of now... This is embarassing..

Jogak gachi yeppeun kko(A nose like a sculpture) 

Sarangseureoun ibsul(Lovable lips) ---- I slowly raised my head looked at him

Uyu gateun pibuwa(Skin like milk and)

Mweonga gunggeumhan pyojeong(A face that’s curious about something)

Shikkeuhan maltu(Chic words)

 

Nae chingudeureun naege(My friends think)

Chakgagira hajiman(I’m delusional) --- I smirked softly at this part because it's SO TRUE..

Nan algo isseo ne mam(But I knew Your heart)

Shichimittaedo da ara(Even when you’re coy, I know)

Gwishineun sogyeodo(You can fool a ghost)

Nae mameun motsogyeo(But you can’t fool me)

 

Hangeoreum hangeoreum(Step by step)

Tteollineun balgeoreum(Nervous footsteps)

Seolleimeul angoseo OH OOH(With excitement)

 

Oneuldo imankkeum(Today with a heart)

Kkeojyeobeorin mam(As big as this)

Ijen gobaekhaebwa(Confession)

Your Dream…

"That's it so far.." I said and smiled a little. "I like that better.." he smiled and wrote stuffs on the paper he has on his lap.

"You are quite talented.. How long have you been singing?" he asked, "Since.. I was really young.. I've always loved singing.. especially ballad songs.." I said with a giggle. "Hmm.." he smirked and nodded. "Ok.. thank you.." he said and looked at me with a smile on his face.


"Ne.. Kamsahamnida!" I said and bowed.

 

 

----------------------

To be continued... :3 Please comment!! and subscribe!!