Fluttering

Music Within Us

Volume 2: Chapter 5

Fluttering

내 마음이 지금 설레입니다.

 

JiYeon's POV

 

The doorbell suddenly rung and I catched my breath. "N-no!" I stood up. How could she get here so fast?!
 
"I'll be right back." he also stood up. "N-no! You can't!" I tried to make him sit back again. "I-I'll get it instead!" I said. "Aniyo, it's ok--" he tried insist but hell no! "Aniyo! I-I'll take it!" I said and quickly went to the door.

I opened the door slowly. "Unni!--" I covered JiEun's mouth. "Shh! Just wait here and I'll--" I tried to whisper but suddenly the door opened wide. YongHwa was behind me. JiEun gasped with her squeaky voice and covered her own mouth as she took a step back. I froze not knowing what to do. YongHwa seemed to be startled too.. "So it was really you.." he stuttered. Huh? JiEun's face was still in shock. 

"Oppa?" The girl earlier woke up. "Oh, who are they?" she asked. JiEun got even more surprised to see the woman whose wearing a shirt that was ed around the collar.

--

 

I came back to my senses. "No.. I can't let that happen.." I said to myself. How surprised JiEun will be if she found out she was suppose to live in her idol's apartment?! P-plus.. there's a girl sleeping in his room!

"What's wrong?" YongHwa asked. "Uhh.. n-nothing---" the doorbell rung. This is it >..<

"YongHwa-ssi, I'll be right back! t-tomorrow!" I quickly stood up. "I-I'm sure that's my friend s-so.. I'll leave with her now.." I said and bowed. "W-wai--" before he could say something or do anything I quickly inserted his words as I ran to the door, "D-don't follow me!" I shouted. I hastily opened the door and exited. "Oh! Unnie!" JiEun was happy to see me. "I'll explain later! F-for now let's go!" I grabbed her and ran. "B-but unnie.." she was having a hard time carrying her luggages.

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I was quite surprise at that sudden leave. Why was she so flustered?

--

 

JiYeon's POV

 

When we reached the elevator I finally felt relieved. "Unnie? What's wrong? I thought you got the apartment already." JiEun asked. "A-aniyo.. there was a problem.." I said and bit my lower lip. "Ey, you are not hiding something from me right?" she asked and bumped my hips. "M-me? I-I'm not!" I chuckled. I was not sure myself why I drag her out. She would be so happy to see her idol but.. If she sees that girl.. "So, where am I suppose to stay now?" she asked. "L-let's go to my house instead.." I decided.. "Eh? Are you sure? How about your mom?" she asked. My mom will be even more freaked out if she sees JiEun.. She doesn't want me to be involved with her because of the past.. sigh*

 

YongHwa's POV

 

JinHee was sound asleep. Is she really getting married? I held her hand slowly.. "It's been a year since I've held your hand.." I smiled softly with her touch. "I was such a jerk then.." I said.

-- flashback*

It was quite cold because it was winter. I hid my hands inside the pockets of my jacket. "Ey~ Hold my hand!" JinHee exclaimed. "Ah wae?" I asked bluntly. "I feel cold!" she pouted. "Then you should've brought your gloves with you!" I nagged and walked further than her. Suddenly, I felt her hand slipped inside my pocket. "If I brought my gloves.. then I wouldn't be able to hold your hand like these.." she giggled.

--

She didn't even complain about how I gave her a cold attitude and continued to treat me well. "And you are saying that you only dated me because I was famous?" I said to her although she was asleep. 

 

 

JiEun's POV

 

We ended up staying at JiYeon-unnie's house.

"What's this? Why is that girl here?" her mothered ranted. "Eomma.. I-I happened to met her on the way and.. I was wondering.." JiYeon was about to explain, "What's with the luggage? Is she going live here?!" her mom got even angrier. "A-aniyo! Sh-she'll just stay tonight! Just one night!" JiYeon tried to calm her down. Her mom looked at me from head to toe. She thinks of me as bad influence because, as I said, in the past JiYeon-unnie sells YongHwa merchandises and used to be a hardcore fan therefore, she doesn't have a stable job. Her mother blames me for that.

"Eomma, it's been 2 years now.. Y-you should soften up to her and I have a job now!" JiYeon begged and wrapped her arms around her mother. "Eommaaa~" she tried to persuade with her aegyo. "Arasseo! Just one night." she finally agreed! 

 

--

 

A new day has risen. I hate Tuesdays because my schedule is full due to my classes. It's not that I hate my course, It's just tiresome to study.

"JiEun-ssi.." HyunWoo who was infront of me turned around. "Wae?" I asked. "How did it go last night?" he asked. "Oh? You knew?" I asked. "Oh? I-I just heard.." he chuckled. "From who?" I asked. "N-nevermind!" he turned his back on me. "Yah! Did you follow me? or.. Do you know JiYeon-unnie? yaaah~" I tried to force him to tell me. "What's wrong with you two?" Shanny who has beside me asked. I saw our teacher came in so I stopped. I instead send him a text.

Out teacher started discussing stuffs. "If you won't tell me. I'll tell YuRa that you like her." He received the text and he quickly turned around to glare at me. He then replied, "Yah! I don't like her!" and I counter attacked with an emoticon. " :P " he replied again, "Arasseo! I'll tell you. Later."

Shanny suddenly kicked my feet. I glared at her but then she was hinting me about something. I turned to my other side and our teacher was there. "Stop that or you'll get in trouble." our teacher said and continued discussing. I bit my lower lip and quickly hid my phone.

 

-----------

 

Our class, for the morning, ended at 11 AM, it was quite early. We were suppose to end at 12 but our teacher dismissed us early :)

"Where should we eat our lunch?" HyunWoo asked. "I don't know.." Shanny tried to think. "Don't change the topic!" I poked HyunWoo. "Tell me how you found out?" I said but suddenly, I received a text. From an unknown number. "This is JiYeon~ Let's meet. ASAP." What for? "Oh.. eotteoke.. I won't be able to eat lunch with you guys.." I said.

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I have to meet my band at 11 but I can't leave since Jimin haven't woken up yet.

I decided to cook an early lunch. I guess she was too drunk last night. 

While I was getting the table ready, I noticed Jimin walking out from my bedroom. She was half-awake. "Oh, You are awake now?" I said. "It's almost noon so I decided to cook you lunch instead." I said and smiled even brighter than I used too. It was like the old days. "Why am I here?" she asked and went closer to the dinning table.

"I happened to saw you last night drinking." I tried to make a fake scenario. I continued slicing the vegetables. "Does your head aches? Do you still feel nauseous?" I asked. "Oppa." she stopped my words. "Sit down.." I smiled at her, I know she's going to say something painful again. "Why are you doing these?" she finally started and so I sighed. "We broke up a year ago. Why? Until now.." she asked but I ignored her. I accidentally got my finger wounded. "Ah."

She quickly went near me. "Aish, you should be more careful!" she nagged and took my hand. I stared at her worried face while she examine my hand. She looked up and I quickly stole a kiss on her cheek. She froze and looked surprised. She suddenly threw a slap on my face. "How can you be so selfish?! You never change!" she exclaimed and walked away. "Jimin-ah, sorry, I was just--" I tried to grab her arm, "Don't touch me!" but she brushed me off. She took a deep breath and fixed herself. "I'm leaving." she said and took her bag on the sofa.

"Jimin-ah.." I tried to stop her. "Just please stop!" she exclaimed and looked at me. "You never think of what the person would feel.. You just do things on your own.." she silenced me. She suddenly stared at something on the sofa. "You have a girl now?" she asked. "Bwo?" I asked and looked to see what it was. It was a pink cellphone. 

She just brushed it off, "Thank you. For taking care of me last night and I'm sorry.." she said and walked her way out. It hurts even more to see how she's pushing me away.. 

My phone suddenly rung. I checked who was calling and it was my manager.

 

JiEun's POV

 

Weirdly, JiYeon unnie asked me to meet at SKY entertainment.

I stood outside and stared at the building. "Why here?" I asked myself. "Oh! You're here. Sorry, I lost my cellphone so I had to text using my mother's phone.." JiYeon-unnie arrived. "It's okay, but why are you asking to meet me here?" I asked.

 

-------

YongHwa's POV

 

I went out of my apartment to check my mails. I received a party invitation. CBS 50th anniversary. It's where Jimin works. Weirdly, I recalled what she told me earlier. You never think of what the person would feel.. You just do things on your own..

 

---

JiEun's POV

 

"Why did you call me out" We transferred to a restaurant to eat lunch. "I'm sorry.." JiYeon-unnie started. "Why are you sorry?" I took the chopsticks on the table. "I should have told you last night.." she looks really sorry. "What is it?" I'm starting to be impatient so I ate a mouthful of rice. "YongHwa lives there.." she said out of the blue. "Bwo? Where?" I was having a hard time talking with my full mouth. "In the apartment I bought.." I was so startled that I choked. I tried to cough everything out. "Y-yah!" JiYeon-unnie stood up as she gave me a glass of water. 

Y-YongHwa? Lives in that apartment? 

I got better after I drank the glass of water. I was still coughing a bit though. "Are you serious?" I asked. "I was going to tell you last night but I was flustered myself.." she sat down.

 

----

YongHwa's POV

 

Once again, I lock myself at my place. I was lying down on the floor staring at the invitation. I heard my door unlock. I think it's my manager.

"Yah!" he shouted once he saw me lying down on the floor. "What are you doing?! We waited for you!" I didn't go to the band practice. "Why do you always come here?" I said and rolled my body. "You are asking why? I'm your manager! and who knows you might end up killing yourself in here!" he continued to nag. "Ugh.." I moaned. "It's better if I would die hyung.." I said and curled up my legs. "Stop saying nonsense!" he shouted and kicked my back. I ignored him and tears started to flow in my eyes again. "I want to drink.." I want to leave my the world for a while.. "I thought you were over it already.. you were starting to do well already.." he said and sat on the sofa. "Aigoo, Love.." he sighed and rested his back.

 

--------------

 

JiEun's POV

 

After our afternoon class. About 6 PM. I went to the apartment where I was suppose to stay at. I didn't tell anyone I was coming here. I was happy to hear about YongHwa living here but I was doubting.. I have to see it with my own eyes so I could believe it.

I entered the building and went up to the apartment.

I stood outside the door while thinking of different thoughts. Does he really lives here? Are all his stuffs are in this room? I feel like a crazy/sasaeng fan right now..

The door suddenly unlocked. I gasped and didn't know what to do. I took a step backward as the door slowly opened. What should I do if YongHwa comes out of that door? When the door opened I saw a man's figure. "Oh, Aren't you....?" it was manager-nim. "A-annyeonghaseyo!" I bowed. "How did you know this place?" he asked. "I-I was just.." I don't know what to say. "Who is it?" YongHwa's weak voice came. He was standing behind manager-nim. "Aigoo, You are drunk!" manager-nim complained. YongHwa looked kinda weak and I could smell his scent.. beer.. 

"Oh, it's that girl." he recognized me. "Come in!" he said and went closer to me. "Yah! What are you doing?" manager-nim stopped him. "Aish! Let me be!" he brushed manager-nim off and continued to walk closer to me. He grabbed my wrist. "You said you would help me right?" he was smelly but I can't help but like how he is so close to me right now. "N-ne.." I replied. "Then come to the party with me!" he shouted. "P-Party?" I asked. "Sorry, he's drunk." manager-nim grabbed both of his shoulders. 

"Aish, let go!" he pushed manager-nim away. "Promise me! You have to go that party with me. That's your assignment! Student!" he pointed at my forehead. "Jimin will be there..." he rested his head on my shoulders. My heart started to race but it felt painful.. YongHwa is like this because his heart is broken..

 

---------------------

 

AT NIGHT.

I stayed at JiYeon-unnie's room. I spaced out while thinking about YongHwa's offer. He wants me to go to the party with me. Was he being serious? He was drunk.. but I want to go with him.. I wish he was serious.. 

 

-----------

 

At school the next day.

"So are you going?" HyunWoo asked. "I don't know!" I said and sighed deeply. "What party is that?" Shanny asked. "Manager-nim it's CBS anniversary.. this weekend.." I said. "DAEBAK." Shanny said. "Should I go?" I asked. "Did manager-nim allowed you to go?" HyunWoo asked. "I'm not sure.." I said. "You should go!" Shanny said. "I'll help you!" she said. 

 

--

Throughout the weekday, we occassionally went practice, school and we met with YongHwa twice. He seemed to forgot about how he invited me to that party.

He was teaching playing the guitar while we sang the song. I keep staring at him while thinking, did he forgot? or he's just pretending he forgot? or he remembers but it was all just a joke.

After our session with YongHwa ended. He looked at me for a few seconds then he immediately went out with his manager. What was that? Is that a sign? Tsch.. no way.. 

"See? He doesn't remember.." I said to Shanny. "Forget about his invitation." HyunWoo said was waiting outside. "What invitation?" YuRa asked. "YongHwa invited her." Shanny said. "To?" YuRa continued to ask. "To a party. CBS anniversary party." HyunWoo replied and entered the room. "BWO? Why you?" YuRa asked. "Aish, You are so bitter." Shanny glared at YuRa.

 

--

 

The party is tomorrow and I'm still not sure if I should go or not.

4 PM

"Oh, my mom is here." Shanny said and waved. "Annyeong!" she said before entering the car. She's so lucky to have someone pick her up.

"I should walk you home." HyunWoo suggested. "Why would you?" YuRa was furious. "She's my friend." HyunWoo said. "Aniyo, I'm not going home yet. I'll walk around for a while.." I reasoned out. "Then I'll go with you!" HyunWoo said. "Aniyo! It's ok!" I was feeling nervous because I know YuRa has a crush on HyunWoo. "I-I'll go first!" I said and escaped leaving them both behind.

 

I managed to escaped from them but I didn't go somewhere far. 

"JiEun-ssi." I heard manager-nim's voice. I turned around and manager-nim was walking towards me. "Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed. "The party..." he started. "NE!" I got excited when he started. "I'm actually against this but.. will you go to the party?" 

"Seriously?" I was so surprised to hear that. Am I dreaming? "Just take this as an experience.." he said and pat my back. "I will! I will go!" I was so hipped to hear the offer. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" I was so happy that I managed to hug him. "Manager-nim! Kamsahamnida!" he looked flustered after I hugged him.

 

--

DongGun's POV

 

After that kid, JiEun, left. I went to a small restaurant to drink. "Ahjumma! Give 2 bottles--" "Another 2 bottles of Soju!" Someone inserted my words as soon as I came in the restaurant. It was girl, quite pretty. I took the table beside her. "Ahjumma! Me too! Give me 2 bottles of Soju!" I ordered while looking at her. "How will I get married when I can't even manage my own money?" she murmured and drunk a glass of soju. "Here.." the ahjumma brought me the Soju. "Kamsamnida.." I bowed my head after receiving. The ahjumma also gave the girl 2. "JiYeon-aaah, You are reeeeaaally stupid!" she looks extremely drunk. "Ahjumma! Another bottle of Soju please!" she ordered once again. "Yah, ahgassi, you are drinking too much." she reminds of YongHwa -.-

"Bwo?" she looked at me. "It's just.. you are ordering too much Soju.." I said. "Who are you?" she asked and point her fingers at me. "I! I just bought an idol's apartment! So I'm reeeaaally rich! Don't even try to talk to me!" she poked my forehead. "I happened to be a good a friend of an idol too.." I cleared my throat. "Tsch.." she glared at me. "You don't look bad.." she looked at me from head to toe and I went flustered.

 

------

 

Since it was a Saturday, I have nothing planned except the party which is later at 3 PM..

It was just an early morning. I still feel weird waking up from a different house. JiYeon was not around and her bed was really clean like she didn't come home last night..

While I was cleaning my stuffs. I got lazy and decided to play my guitar. I plucked some songs I knew and randomly change songs. "JiEun-ah! Are you there? Help me out here!" JiYeon's mom called. Oh my gosh, Is she mad?? I stopped playing and hurriedly placed my guitar back inside the guitar bag. Suddenly as small paper dropped from the whole of my guitar. What in the world?

I picked the paper up and unfold it. How long was this inside my guitar?? When I opened it, I recognized the handwritting immediately.

"JiEun-ah, Appa is so proud of you.. Congratulations.. For having your own guitar. Saranghae"

It's from my father. I had mixed emotions reading the note. I felt sad but I also felt angry..

 

--

YongHwa's POV

 

"Aish.. where in the world is he?" my patience is gonna blow! "I've been calling him since 8 AM and he still haven't picked up his phone!" I said to myself and looked at my watch. It was already 11 PM. I don't have my stylist number so I can't get my clothes ready for the party!

 

DongGun's POV

 

My body felt really heavy when I slowly opened my eyes. I felt really sick. My phone rung and I quickly picked it up. YongHwa was calling. I gasped when I saw the time. "11:30?!!" I stood up because I was too surprised. I felt cold and I realized I wasn't wearing any shirt. "What the?!" I looked back to the bed and I saw a girl sleeping. I gasped when I saw the face. "I-it's that girl! A-at the.. AISH! This is crazy!" I can't think right. I looked around and searched for my clothes. I called YongHwa while I was dressing myself. "YAH! Hyung! Why aren't you answering my calls?!" he shouted. "Sorry Sorry! I woke up late and something came up!" I explained.

I gasped when the girl started to wake up. "Hyung! Give me my stylist number! The party is in 3 hours!" I ignored YongHwa and frozed as I watched  the girl. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me. "Who.." she tried to look at me clearly. "Hyung hyung!" YongHwa was still on the phone. Her eyes opened wide when she finally noticed me. She looked at herself and "AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" screamed.

 

YongHwa's POV

 

Aish.. He is no help. He should pick up that trainee girl by now!

 

JiEun's POV

 

JiYeon's mom was cooking kimchi and I helped her. After we finished it, we set up the table for lunch.

"Eommeoni, Where did JiYeon-unnie go?" I asked politely. "I don't know, she didn't came home last night." she said and placed the foods on the table. "I guess she staying at her boyfriend's place." I said and placed the water on the table. "Bwo?" she seemed upset with what I said. "If she did that, she's dead." she looked really angry.

 

---

 

After lunch, I quickly went to the training building.

I ran towards the entrance. "JiEun-ssi!" I heard my name being called so I quickly turned around. "Ne!" I was haulted when I saw YongHwa. "Get in." he said and opened the door to his car. "M-me?" I asked. He just looked at me. "N-ne!" I quickly went near him. "Aish, get in or somebody will see you." I went inside his car. I-I'm inside my idol's car. He entered the driver's seat. "Seatbelt." he said as soon as we got in. "N-ne!" I stuttered and quickly wore the seatbelt. I was having a hard time because it seemed stuck so I stopped. "Why aren't you wearing it?" he asked. He looked like he was in a hurry.

He quickly went towards me. My heart was racing as soon as he got near me. His face were only a few inches away from my face. I gulped while looking at his flawless skin. He tried to pull the seatbelt out. I want to touch his face. UGH! I sound so dirty! I bit my lip out of nervousness. He managed to get the seatbelt and helped me wear it. He looked at my eyes for a moment which caused my heart to beat even faster. He then quickly turned the engine on and drove the car.

 

JiYeon's POV

 

I managed to get home. I secretly entered the house but suddenly, "Where were you?" I heard my mom. I looked around and I saw her walking down the stairs. "N-ne, I-I was.. I had a sleepover with my high school friends!" I said and giggled. "You were not with your boyfriend are you?" she looked at me with doubtful eyes. "A-aniyo!!" I immediately denied it. She went closer to me. "Why do I smell the something is wrong?" she walked around me. "W-what are you talking about? N-nothing's wrong.." I chuckled awkwardly.

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I brought her to the salon where I usually do my hair. I want her to look best especially that Jimin is there. I will show to Jimin that I'm doing well without her.. I will no longer let her see that I'm dying because she left me.. With JiEun around.. it might stir up her jealousy..

"Oh YongHwa-ssi welcome!" AhnRoo-noona approached me with smiles. JiEun bowed her head when she saw noona. "Who is she?" noona asked. "Do everything you could to make her look decent." I said and crossed my arms. She glared at me when I said that. "Just do a makeover.." I said. "Arasseo.." AhnRoo-noona was weirded out. 

 

JiEun's POV

 

T_T I don't like how he said that 'make her look decent' Even after I cheered him up back at the studio.. Well.. he does seem a bit tight today.

The tall lady led me to a chair and tied my hair up. She then started to apply stuffs on my face. I looked to my side and YongHwa took the seat beside me. I'm getting my make-up with my idol.. I bit my lip to prevent myself from smiling. I really don't regret staying here in Seoul! Entering the audition is the best choice in my life..

 

"Oh! You're here!" manager-nim arrived and he looked exhausted. "Finally.." YongHwa said with an angry tone. "Sorry.. I'm with your stylist now." he said. "I brought the clothes you're gonna wear too." stylist-noona said. "Good.." YongHwa's hair was done and he looked extremely handsome. "After that girl is done with her make-up, Can you help her dress?" YongHwa asked the stylist. "She's with you?" she asked. "Why? What's wrong?" he asked. "A-ani.. I thought you.. nevermind.." she didn't continue her words. T_T I could tell she was gonna say 'I thought you would go with someone more prettier' but I'm glad YongHwa didn't mind it..

 

---

 

I wore a lot of dress and everything happened so fast. It feels really nice to tidy myself like this. The stylist finally picked a dress for me and it was very pretty..

I walk out the salon and manager-nim helped me walk down the short stairs. YongHwa looked at me with a serious face and slowly his lips formed a smirk. I stood infront of him and smiled softly. "She's quite pretty.." manager-nim said. "K-kamsahamnida!" I bowed to manager-nim. I was so happy to hear that! I-I've never been this complimented in my life... He just looked at me for a while then turned his back. He opened the car and immediately went in. I pouted at his actions. Honestly, I wish he said something to compliment me but it's ok. Just dressing like this infront of the guy I like is enough >....<

 

---

 

YongHwa's POV

 

On the way to the party, I received a text message. It was unknown but I still opened it. "Oppa, saranghae.." I was taken back by the message. Could this be JinHee?

 


end of volume 2 chapter 5.

UPNEXT=

Volume 3: Chapter 1: I don't want to hate

 

Sorry.. I AM EXTREMELY SORRY.. I updated so laaaate.. I just can't get my mind right.. >...< Especially thinking that school is getting nearer and nearer T^T I hope vacation extends.. This chapter is quite long than the other chapters... I guess... or not.. o.o Anyways.. HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope I'll be able to update sooner for you guys~ thank you for subscribing, upvoting and commenting.. I feel really happy to see positive feedbacks :D