An Opportunity

Music Within Us

VOLUME 1 chapter 2

An Oppurtunity

기회입니다

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

"He is so cool..." I murmured to myself as Yonghwa walks towards the exit of the hotel.

"Ji-Eun-ah~" I felt soft and short pokes on my back. I turned around to find JiYeon, "So, how was the view from above?" she asked. "I looove it so much.." I said softly, still day dreaming about YongHwa. "What's wrong with you?" she asked and waved her hands infront of my face. "I met my idol.." I said and jumped happily. "Ah! I forgot to tell you! YongHwa checked in here last night!" she said and snapped her fingers. "Little too late for that~" I sung and giggled. Out of nowhere, I suddenly remember about school.. "Ah! I have a class at 1:30! I should go now! I'm running late!" I quickly ran completely ignoring JiYeon.

 

----

 

To inform you all, I'm already in college, majoring in arts and music. I'm glad my parents let me choose the course I want to take and yes.. I have a class at 1:30. It's my first class for the second semester. 

 

The room was quite noisy while waiting for the teacher. I still haven't made some friends since I'm too shy to make a lot >...< I have one though.. "Ji-Eun-ssi~~" it's her, Shanny, her real name is SanHye but she prefers to be called Shanny. She said it would be her stage name if she gets famous. -.-

"I'm so glad we're still classmates for this semester!" she looked glad as she sat beside me. "Me too! I really hate adjusting to new people~" I said with a giggle. "What's this on your bag?" Shanny asked as she held something hanging on my bag. "Pfft.. what are you? Elementary school? Why do you have such?" she asked with a short laugh, "What?" I asked and checked my bag. There was a name tag and it looked so elementary school! EOMMA!!!!! I'm sure she did this! "Eish.." I cursed and took the tag off my bag-- oh, that's why he(YongHwa) knew my name -.- How embarassing...

Suddenly the room went quiet when the teacher arrived. He looked so strict especially with... that long wavy hair... for a guy.. "This is section A2 right?" he asked. "Ne.." my classmates softly replied. After a while, the door suddenly opened out loud. "Here!--" the guy at the door shouted but then paused as he saw the teacher. Some of the girls in the room started giggling at the sight of him. I guess he is cute.. "I'm sorry sir.." he said and bowed. The teacher just nodded.

The guy quickly searched for a seat. He walked around the room and out of the blue, our eyes met. I awkwardly looked away. The next thing I know, after I looked forward, he decided to sit infront of me. He turned his head around and faced me. He smiled and winked. I was taken aback by his action. Shanny, who was sitting beside me, started to pat my back repeatedly. "oh my gosh, Did he just winked at you?" Shanny asked and giggled. "I'm not sure.." I said. He is a cute guy... I've never been WINKED AT by someone that cute O//////O what was that?

 

---

 

After the class ended, me and Shanny walked out of the room together. We were talking about what to do after class then suddenly, "Annyeong!" the guy earlier stood between me and Shanny, interrupting our conversation. Already talking informally with me... "Annyeong~" Shanny greeted him back casually, While I just stood there.. awkwardly.. He then faced me. "Annyeong~" he repeated and I just smiled. He chuckled after.

and still continues to chuckle. "Do you know her?--" "Are you free later?" the guy inserted Shanny's words, he asked facing me. "M-me?" I asked. "Well.. WE were planning to eat some snacks later.." I said emphasizing 'We'.. "Yes, WE.. I'm still in the room~" Shanny said trying to get his attention. "Can I go with you?" he asked. I looked straight at Shanny's eyes trying to communicate with her. "I guess?" I said."YES! By the way, I'm Hyun Woo. Lee Hyun Woo.." he said and without my consent, he shaked my hands. The name sounded familiar... somehow. "Nice to meet you!" Shanny abruptly took his hands and shaked it. "I'm Shanny!" she said with a smile. "Let's go~" he said bluntly. Is he ignoring Shanny? O_O

 

--

 

We went to some small restaurant where they serve donuts and other sweets. "Why aren't you eating anything?" Shanny asked me with her mouthful of donut. "I'm not a fan of sweet things.." I said and raised my shoulders a bit. "Ohh.." both of them nodded at me. weird..

"Are you naturally quiet?" he asked me. "Yeah.. You can say so.." I said and giggled. "Haha! oh my gosh, she's not quiet once you get to know her! She's really loud and persistent! Wait til she produces music with that voice!" Shanny tried to liven up the conversation. "Yah.. I'm not!" I denied. "Eyy, you're too humble!" Shanny giggled.

HyunWoo, on the other hand, just ignored her.. "Do you hate me?" Shanny asked Hyunwoo. "Haha, nooo!" he chuckled. "Were you even listening?" she looked straight to his eyes. "Yeah, I was!" he chuckled. Shanny squint her eyes and looked at him suspisciously.

HyunWoo weirdly started to play with my hair and so I twitched my eyes, I was weirded out.. "I thought girls like it when their hair are being touched.." HyunWoo said.

"Yah! but not with some guy we just met!" Shanny said and rolled her eyes. Shanny looked angry O_O

"Can you stop now?.." I said. Since I was feeling really awkward. "Oh okay hehe.." he said chuckled. He is really weird... in a good way. "And I'm still ignored.. I'll just go get us some drinks." Shanny said and left. "Soo...." I said trying to break the awkwardness.

"What's your name?" he asked. "Oh right! I haven't introduced myself.." I said and chuckled softly. "I'm Lee Ji-Eun.." I said. "Daebak, we have the same family names.." he said. "Hahaha~" I said and I laughed awkwardly. "You want to eat?" he said randomly. It was the one he just took a bite with. "Ah! Sorry.." he said and placed the donut back on the plate. I chuckled at his awkwardness... 

 

----

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I went to my company's building. I already decided to nullify my contract. I just want to stay as YongHwa not the Superstar Yonghwa.. "Oh! There you are!" Kim PD spotted me. "I was looking for you! Here." he said and gave me a poster. "You were assigned to judge this upcoming audition on Friday and Saturday." he said. "Eh? No, I can't I have to--" I said but he stopped my words, "You should take this oppurtinity, this could eradicate those dirty rumors about you!" he said. "No.. I really can't.." I said and sighed. "YongHwa-ya... I know it's been pretty tough. I've known since you were a trainee here.." he said.

"You always loved music. Your young, fresh, passionate, creative and talented mind made me like you.." he said. "This oppurtunity would make you recall how you always wanted to become to where you are right now.." he said and patted my back. I was left speechless... He was right... "Okay.. but If I won't.." I started. "No. Stop thinking about those stuffs kay? FOCUS." he said and pat my head as he left. I took another look at the poster.

"Dream Auditions"

Will I really remember how I used to love being here?

 

---

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

"Dream Audition?" Shanny read some random poster. "Oh! It's from the company where YongHwa is!" Shanny said out loud and it quickly got my attention.

"When is it?" I looked at the poster. "OH! It's this Friday already!" Shanny said. "DAEBAK! I should go!" I said. "We have a class at that day." HyunWoo inserted. "No! It will start at 10 AM!" I said. "Our class is at 7:30 AM!" Shanny said. "Really?? Should I join too??" HyunWoo asked enthustiastically. "Really? You love music too?" I asked. "Eh? I guess.." he shrug his shoulders. "THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY THRILLING!!" Shanny sang and danced around happily. "Let's register later online! kay?" Shanny said. "Sure sure!" I said.

I took a picture of the poster with my samsung phone to make sure I won't forget registering later.

 

--

 

When I got home, I immediately opened my laptop.

I scanned my phone's photos to search for the poster I snapped.

I typed the sites address. I arrived at the homepage. "AH!!" I screamed as I saw YongHwa's picture. He is going to be the judge?!

He is so handsome especially when he holds that guitar.. I received a message from Shanny through Kakao Talk.

- Shanny @ 8:05PM: 
  "YongHwa is in it!!"

                                         "I know!!" : JiEun @ 8:07 PM --

I wanna audition so bad!! I should write a song! A song for YongHwa! Showing how much I idolize him >....<

 

After registering, I quickly moved away from my laptop and picked up my guitar then I started plucking some notes.

-------------------------


D-2 until the auditions. I'm at school waiting for our music class to start.

 

I was writing some stuffs that I could include in my song for YongHwa.

"What are you doing?" HyunWoo appeared out of the blue. "AH! You scared me!" I said and quickly closed my notebook.

"Waae? Is it some secret?" he asked and went closer to me. "Yaaah!" I said and moved to another seat.

"Eyyy, A diary?" he asked and then started to tickle me. "HAHAHA--stop!" I was laughing at the same time I wanted him to stop. "HyunWoo-ssi!" I said and tried to escaped from his tickles. We just met but he already treats me this way T^T It makes me uncomfortable. "Yah! So noisy!" our uptight female classmate just two seats away from us got pissed. "Oh.. sorry.." HyunWoo apologized. "Aish, I told you to stop." I whispered to him. "What's in the notebook~~" he whined. "Nothing! Just some song.." I said. "A song?! Really?!" he exclaimed. "Shh!" I hushed him and he nodded with a wide grin on his face.

"So what are you doing for the auditions?" I asked. "I don't know.. Sing?" he chuckled. He was just really cool about it o.o "Aren't you nervous?" I asked. "Well.. no.." he said and he went to his seat. DAEBAK. How can he not be nervous?

-------------

D-1

 

Me, HyunWoo and Shanny were at our school's music room playing with some instruments. We were just having fun while we trying to practice for our auditions tomorrow. Shanny can play the piano and HyunWoo does really well with the beatbox instrument. It feels awesome to have friends who loves music too!

I was not yet finished with my song though.... I can't think right because I'm too nervous about thinking what YongHwa would think if he hears it..

 

-----------

 

Night before auditions.

It's already 12 AM.. My song was still unfinished...

I rubbed my face against my notebook. "UGGH. SLEEPY." I said to myself..

Ugh... I should just sing some random song... Slowly, I rested my head on my desk and....

 




My alarm clock already rung but I was still fast asleep....

After a few hours, I finally woke up. I quickly got up the bed after seeing the sun so bright already. I looked at my alarm clock and DAMN. It's already 8:30 AM!! I MISSED MY MORNING CLASS!!! AHHH!!

I opened my closet and quickly picked some clothes. It was just casual, just suitable for auditions.

I ran outside my room and spotted my mother vacuuming the floor. "EOMMA!!" I shouted. "Wae?!" she shouted back. "I'm late! No! I need to go!-- NO! ugh!!" I was already in panic. I opened my phone and I recieved 4 messages from Shanny. It was all, "Where are you?" "The teacher is here!" "YAH!!" "Class is about to end, where are you?!"

I missed breakfast and just quickly rushed off the house. "Eomma annyeong!" I said as I ran. I have my bag and guitar on my back while I was running.

I quickly replied Shanny back while I was running across the streets. I completely ignored the fact that I was already crossing the pedestrian lane. A car was coming towards me and I froze. The car was just a meters from me until it stopped. My heart just skipped a beat. 

"YAH! Are you trying to kill yourself?!" the random guy wholookslikeheisinhis30s driver shouted at me. I was still frozen.

 

YongHwa's POV

 

"YAH! Are you trying to kill yourself?!" my manager shouted out the window of the car. "What's wrong?" I asked calmy while browsing my tablet with random stuffs. "Aish, this girl just suddenly appeared infront of us, I almost hit her!" my manager said and It took my attention. We almost ran over a person?! I looked at the girl infront of our car. "I think she froze.." I said. oh- she's carrying a guitar..

"YAH! Move it!" my manager shouted. "Aish, hyung you sound like an ahjussi now!" I chuckled. "Aish, stop it, You have to be an hour early for that audition so that people won't think badly of you!" he said. "It'll be fine.." I said and continued to worried about the girl infront of us.

The girl snapped out. "Ah-- Joesonghamnida.." she bowed repeatedly. "Joesonghamnida!" she bowed again as she left the road and went to the side.

"Hyung, are you sure you didn't hurt her?" I asked. "Yeah, but ALMOST!" he shouted. -.-

I looked to my side window in the car and watched the girl as our car started moving. She looked really flustered..

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

I went back to the side of the road. I was so close with my death!! phew...

 

D-DAY...

-------------------------------------------------------------- To be continued :3

 

hehehe please comment~~~~~ and subscribe! THANK U SO MUCH to those who subscribed! I feel so happy hhehehe Hope ya'll like it so far!