Start of something

Music Within Us

VOLUME 1 chapter 1

Start of something

뭔가의 시작입니다

Ji-Eun's POV

 

The atmosphere is fascinating. Listening to the sounds of pop music, voices resonating. "Aah.. Ehh.. Eee.. Oh.. Uuu..". Guitars playing, Violins playing. and people dancing around.

Everything was messy but it felt so good being here. Being here with some people who wish to do music.

This is my 7th audition for this year. Last year, I only had 2 but, this year, I'm determined.

This is what I want to do in life.

 


 

It's already late in the afternoon, 5 PM and I tried to calm myself by taking in deep breaths with my eyes closed. "It's going to be ok.. Just a few seconds of insane courage and it's going to be ok..." talking to myself with this small ritual I do with myself every time I audition. One more audtionee till my turn.

We were inside a small studio filled with about 30-40 trainess who will watch and I'm one of them.

 

"Number 576." my heart stopped as I heard my number being called. 

"NE!!" I quickly stood up with a tough voice. The two girls sitting beside me looked at me disgustingly. okay...

I followed the guy in black and he assisted me as I stood at the stage.

"Go there." the guy pointed at the center stage with a small stool.

"Kamsahamnida." I bowed at him. I took a deep breath and held the mic he offered. It still feels like it's the first time.

"Please look at the camera." the staff said and my eyes searched for the camera. I saw one who was just a few meters in front of me. "Name? Age?" one guy sitting beside the camera asked. "Lee Ji-Eun-ibnida. 20." I said.

"You had 6 auditions this year?" he asked. "Ne.." I said.

"Ok. Start." he said bluntly. My heart won't stop beating fast and my body is starting to feel hotter than usual.  Anxiety still hits me hard.. Why do I still feel nervous?

Okay.... this is it...

 

 

The audience clapped softly. Did I do well? Was my voice fine? Eotteoke~

"That was a very nice rendition of that song.. Why'd you pick it?" the judge asked without even looking straight at me.

"Oh... It is very inspiring and a lot of people can relate to it.. Especially to people who have lost their way...” I said and smiled.

He nodded with a small smirk on his face and shook his head as he wrote something on a paper. "Ok. Next...” he said.

What was that? Is that it? No comments? Was my voice fine? Or you only liked it because I picked that song? 

I stood straight, still standing on the center stage hoping to hear more.

"Ahgassi. Come down now." The guy in black ordered. "Ne...” I said in disappointment and slowly went off the stage.

 

------

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I'm still holding unto the hope of getting back my ex-girlfriend and begged her to visit my gig and surprisingly, she came. SHE CAME. I need to sing this right. I wrote this song because of her.

"Are you ok?" our drummer, MinHyuk, asked me, I nodded with a nervous smile. "Do it right! She’s right there." He teased and patted my shoulders as he went to his spot.

 

 

--

 

"Kamsahamnida." I waved at the fans and exited the stage.

Went I went backstage, I quickly searched to where JiMin was and I spotted her standing in the hallway. I quickly ran towards her. "Jimin-ah.." I started. "Why'd you ask me to come?" she asked with low tone voice.

"That's because--" she inserted my words, "You want to get back together?" she asked.

"I already told you.. I have no thoughts to start again with you.." she said without looking at me..

"Jimin-ah, please.." I said and held her hand. "YongHwa-ya, please stop.." she brushed my hand away and took a step back. Her face looked irritated and upset.

"You make me suffocated..." she said while she looked straight to my eye before she left.

She turned her back on me... She has really no thoughts of taking me back.. I took a deep breath and ran my fingers into my hair in frustration.

 

----

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

I arrived at home with my heavy guitar behind my back. "I'm home.." I said and removed my shoes.

"Oh! How'd it go??" my mom enthusiastically approached me with her soiled hands.

"Ey, Eomma! You should've washed your hands first!" I said and took a step back.

"Oh, sorry, I'm just too excited to hear from you! So, how was it?" she asked, forcing herself not to touch me.

"Well...., the judge smiled--" I just started talking but my mom suddenly placed her hands on my cheeks.

"AAHHH!! That’s good! That’s good! That's a very good sign! I'm so proud of you!" she said as she patted her soiled hands on my cheeks.

"Eommaaaa!" I moaned. "Omo, sorry!" she giggled. "Ey.... Let's not jump to conclusions! He only smiled then sent me off after.." I said and walked towards my room. "It's ok! If you won't pass, there's something much better waiting for you out there!" my positive mom kept on talking even though I already took off my clothes.

"Eish, Eomma~~ Let's talk later!" I said and pushed her softly and closed the door.

"Arasseo! I'll call when dinner's ready!" she said. "Ne!" I replied.

 

I wore the t-shirt on as I dropped a deep sigh. "Yeah.. something better..." I said and started to feel down again..

I looked up to the poster on the wall. Jung Yong Hwa. He's my idol. For me, he is the true model of a real ARTIST. Someday, I will be able to stand on the same stage with you... I chuckled at my own thoughts and wiped my face with the clothes I took off.

------------------

 

JiYeon's POV

 

"Oppa! We're done already! Didn't I make it clear?" I nagged at my ex.

"JiYeon-ah~" he begged and held my hand. "Aish, I don't want to go back together with you!" I said and walked straight ignoring him.

"JiYeon-ah~ JiYeon-ah please listen to me~" he continued to follow me. "Aish, stop following me! Go back to your tons of girlfriends!" I said.

"Oh! It's YongHwa!" I spotted a celebrity right infront of me.  "Who's YongHwa?" my ex asked. "Bwo? You don't know him?-- oh.. he's my new boyfriend." I stuck my tongue out to him and I went closer to YongHwa.

"A-annyeonghaseyo.." I stuttered. He smiled. He is so handsome.... I can't wait to tell Ji-Eun about this!

"You are YongHwa right? Jung Yong Hwa?" I asked then searched for my notebook in my bag.

"Ne.." he said with a soft smile. "Can I get your signature?" I asked. "Oh sure.." he said and I handed him my notebook.

While he was writting, "Oppa, You look more handsome in person.." I flirted and giggled.

"Ne.. kamsahamnida.." he said and gave me back my notebook. "Ne.. I hope I'll get to meet you ag--" I paused along the way when someone grabbed my arms.

"Who are you?" My ex raised his voice -.-

"Ne?" YongHwa looked flustered.

"Don't you dare talk to my girlfriend again." my ex said emphasizing the word girlfriend.

"Aniyo! We're not!!--" I tried to explain but he dragged me away from him. "Yah!" I tried to get away.

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I chuckled at the site of the two couple.

Well, at least I laughed today...

I picked up my phone with the sound of it ring.

I received a message.. from Jimin.

"Sorry."

I took a deep sigh and here I thought I had a chance. Where did I go wrong? Everything was perfect until.. last year. I still don't understand what I did wrong..

Then I received another text message.

"Oppa! (english): I'm here in Korea now! Don't tell YongBin! Help me find a hotel!"

It's Jane.. My older brother's fiancee'.. I wonder what's she up to now.

 

--

"How's this?" I asked her while we were both standing infront of the hotel I found for her.

"It's fine. Thank you so much!" she said in english and then pinched my cheeks. She treats me like her little brother even though I'm older -.-

I helped her check-in at the reception and then an idea entered my head.

"Get me two rooms instead." I said to the lady at the reception.

"Eh? Oppa, Don't you have a house here in Seoul?" she asked in English.

"Yeah I have but, I don't wish to go home for now." I said to her. I want to get away from everything for a while.

"Ok.. I know about your situation.." she said and patted my back.

 

I reached my hotel room.

I was looking at the night view of Seoul from the large window.

I scanned at my phone and dialed 1. 

"Oh, Eomma~" I felt at ease.

"YongHwa-yaaa, have you been well? I was about to call you." my mom's sweet voice came out from my phone.

"Ne.. Eomma, I'll visit you there next week.." I said. "Why? Looks like... is something wrong again?" she asked.

"Eomma... I wanna quit." I said without hesitations. "Singing?" she asked worriedly. "Aniyo.. Being an idol." I explained.

"YongHwa-ya.. You know I always support your decisions but please think about it more. You have been dreaming about this since you were 7." she said. "Arayo.. But nothing has gotten better since last year.." I sighed.

"YongHwa-ya.... Please don't be shaken by these temporary situations.. Someday, Everything will be fine.." she said.

"Arasseo.. I'll think about it." I said and smiled. My mother always makes me feel better.

"Eung.. I'll wait for you here next week. I'll make your favorite food~" she said and chuckled. "Ne..." I said and hung up

I took a few steps towards my bed and let my body fall on it.

"It's going to be ok.." I said to myself, trying to cheer myself up..

----

NEXT DAY

-----

 

I woke up with the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned as I searched for it with my eyes closed. I found it and lazily, I picked it up, "Yoboseyo?" 

"YongHwa, Please don't go outside hastily..." it was my manager.

"Ne.." I said and immediately hung up. Why I sound so cool about it? Because I'm tired of it.

My fame has completely ruined my life. Some of my crazy fans would follow me home and when they want to get my attention they would throw small rocks at my windows. It's worning me out. Well, I do have a fault in the middle of that, where I started to be so arrogant and conceited along the way..

I checked the time and it was already 10:40 AM

I quickly rose from the bed. 

I don't know anymore. I feel empty inside. My life has been a mess since last year...

I recieved another message from my manager, "Cheer up kay?" I smirked at his cute message..

------

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

"Call me. Call me. Call me. Call me."

I was at the dining table looking at my phone. Waiting for the results of my audition yesterday.

"Noona! Stop looking at your phone like that! You look uglier!" my litte brother, JiYoung(10) said. "Aish, shut up!" I hissed at him. "Ey! You two stop it now!" my mom scolded us while she was washing the dishes. JiYoung stuck his tongue out at me and I did so too. Don't misunderstand, I get along well with him. Just sometimes... he's annoying me.

Then, my phone rung out of the blue.

"AH!!" I screamed and quickly answered it. Please let me pass. Please let me pass. CROSSED FINGERS.

"YAH! Don't scream!!" I paused when I realized it was JiYeon. JiYeon is 3 years older than me. She's like my sister. I met her through the net. She used to sell 'YongHwa' stuffs online but now, she works at a 5 star hotel. Weird huh? It's because her boyfriend, they frequently quarrel though, also works there BIGTIME.

"What are you?!" JiYeon complained. "Oh, sorry.. I was waiting for a call.." I said. "Who? Boyfriend?" she asked. "NO! The results!" I said.

"Ey.. What was I expecting?" she hissed. "Sorry.. I'm just nervous about the results.." I said. "You know.. You should get some fresh air, you've been taking a lot of auditions this year.. Why don't you come visit me here?" she asked. "Okay.." I said. "Talk to ya later!" she said and quickly hunged up. -.-

 

-----

 

I arrived at the hotel she works at.

"Yah, where are you? I'm at the lobby in the first floor." I said.

"Oh! Wait I'm coming." she replied and hung up.

 

"Ji-Eun-ah!" I saw her figure a few meters away.

"Annyeong~!" We held our hands together and jumped happily.

"Why are you so excited about??" I asked. "Okay... wait.. I got back together with my ex!" she smiled brightly and raised her voice.

"You're happy about that?" I asked. "Well.. after he acted all manly last night everything then started to be exciting~" she said.

"WHAT." I dropped my jaw. "Aniyo! It's not what you think! He finally showed his feelings and..... we kissed. KYA~!!" she was super excited about it.

"So that's why you called me out?" I chuckled. "I guess~" she giggled. "Aish, stop being so noisy, you work here!" I joked around and slapped her shoulders. Then in the middle of everything, my phone rung.

We both paused.

"Pick it up!" she said with her gestures showing that I should pick it up. I answered the call. "Yoboseyo?" I answered.

No one was answering o.o I checked my phone again. "eh.. what was that.." I said looking annoyed.

"Wae?" she asked. "I think it was supposed to be a prank call but it lost it's signal haha.." I chuckled. "Good for them.." JiYeong crossed her arms.

"Anyways.. Can I go to the last floor of this hotel?" I asked excitedly. I always wanted to watch the view from above.

"Hmm... I don't think you can go though.. It's a VIP floor.." she said. "Please? I won't be long~~" I begged.

"hmm.., arasseo! You must not stay too long okay? you must not!" she chuckled. "Arasseo!" I smiled happily and reached for the elevator.

----

 

I arrived at the 25th floor.

Omai gosh.. I have never been so up in my life. I know. Weird huh?

I took a step out of the elevator. I jumped excitedly and quietly making sure I wasn't disturbing anyone.

I spotted a small window and looked through it. THIS IS VERY HIGH!

I quickly searched for my phone. I need to take a picture of this.

I snapped a shot. "I can't wait for my mom to see this!" I talked to myself softy but excitedly.

I should not spend so much time here.. 

Someday, I'll be able to reach the top and be successful. I thought to myself as I formed a fist with my hands, "Fighting!"

I took a last minute view.. I have fear of heights but the view from above is breath-taking.. 

I took tons of pictures :D

 

I reached for the elevator button.

Thinking that I clicked the button, Instead, I touched someone else's hand. We clicked the button together.

I took my hands away and, "I'm sorry.." I bowed and looked at the person's face. I gasped at the sight of the person's face.

"Y-Yong... Hw-Hwa.." I stuttered. "Annyeonghaseyo.." he smiled and bowed slowly. He looks passive..

"Ne.. C-can I get your signature?" I asked as I reached for my pocket notebook in my bag. I offered it to him with a ballpen and he took it.

I was going crazy inside. It's my 4 year long idol! Is this a good sign? Will I pass my auditions now?

He was about to write on it but then, "Oppa!" I heard a girl's voice from behind.

"Where are you going?" she was foreigner and she was speaking in english. WHO IS SHE?! :(

"I don't know honestly." he said. "Oh that's good then! Help me surprise YongBin!" the girl chuckled and locked her arms around YongHwa's.

The elevator door has opened. YongHwa unknowingly gave my notebook back to me.

EH?! He haven't even signed it!!

I followed them inside with disappointment. Grr.. what's with that girl? Why is she so clingy with my oppa T_T

Looking at my blank notebook, I felt worse.

My phone rung again.

"Yoboseyo?.." I answered with no enthusiasm..

"Lee Ji-Eun-ssi?" the guy in the phone asked. "Ne.. It's me.." I said.

"I'm Song JinGuk from Star entertainment, I'm sorry you didn't pass the auditions." he said bluntly.

"Ne...... EH?!!" I shouted and startled the two.

"Why??" I asked. "What was wrong? I hit all the notes right? Was it wrong that I didn't play the guitar instead?" I asked in a quick phase trying to catch the time. "I'm sorry." he said and hung up. "Noooooo..." I said as my voice faded away.

Wow, I can't get my idol's signature and now I failed the auditions... I felt so miserable. Why is this not working out? It's my 7th audition already. I do hope something better is waiting for me...

 

We arrived at the first floor.

I took a deep sigh as I walked out from the elevator.

"Waaaee... I knew it..." I talked to myself.

"Ahgassi!" I heard someone called. "Ahgassi.." Someone held my shoulder. I turned around and saw YongHwa infront of me.

"N-ne?" I asked. He took the notebook from my hand. AAAAAAHH. he's hand touched mine!!

He wrote stuffs on it.

"Thank you.. I hope you'll feel better." he smiled and patted my head as he left.

I was starstrucked. Being able to talk to him like that..., Did I save my country in my past life?!

I looked at the notebook.. He signed my notebook!!!

He also wrote a note: "Cheer up! Ji-Eun-ssi." O_O! How did he know my name?!

 

-----------------------------------

 

end of ch. 1 :3

excuse my grammar T^T still learning XD

Please comment. It encourages me to write more hahaha XD I want to know if it's worth continuing haha or something like that..