First Steps

Music Within Us

Volume 2: Chapter 1

FIRST STEPS

첫 번째 단계입니다

Ji-Eun's POV

 

It's Monday already.. I started packing my clothes on my luggage half-heartedly. I don't want to leave but it's not like I can live here in Seoul alone.. and I'm sure my mom already miss her hometown and halmeoni.. How can I stop her from going? That would so selfish of me..

 

"Noona." I saw my brother at my door. "Wae?" I asked bluntly. "Eomma said we'll be leaving later this afternoon so you could say good bye to your friends.." he said then left. Yes.. everything is ready.. I'll just need to pass my withdrawal sheets back to my school.. Yup.. it means I'm leaving my school too.. This is so heartbreaking for me....

 

---

YongHwa's POV

 

I stayed here in the company building because my manager says "he's making sure I'm not escaping.." Since today was the day the new trainees are introduced. I was playing the strings of my guitar trying to extract my thoughts through music but I can't think of anything. I stopped playing and placed my guitar on the floor.

"Something's bothering you?" A familiar came in the room. I looked up and a smile formed on my lips when I saw my older brother by the door. "Hyung!" I called. Actually my brother is an Intern Doctor. Yes, he is quite smart but not as smart as me :P

"I heard from mom.. You're retiring? haha" he chuckled as he walked towards me. "It's somehow like that.." I chuckled too. "I never thought this day would come.." he said as he took a stool and placed it beside me. "You used to be so obssessed with music." he sat on the stool. "Haha, I can't even remember how I used to feel that day." I literally can't.. "Anyways, I also heard you are going to Busan tomorrow, am I right?" he asked. "Yeah, wanna come?" I asked. "I can't, I have a date~" he sang. "with Jane?" I asked. "Of course, who else would it be." he chuckled.

"Yonghwa, I know Jinmin has influenced you a lot but I hope you'll start opening your heart to new people.." he said out of the blue, "I'm saying this as your older brother. I've seen you grow that's why.. but now you have been declining." he said and patted my back. "That's why you can't start a song with your guitar." he said and took the guitar on the floor and started playing it. "Hyung, what do you know?" I joked. "Ha, I happen to have a lot of experience than you!" he jokingly said. We laughed together.

 

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

"Yah! Stop sulking! Just come!" Shanny was dragging me. We went to Sky entertainment. I actually don't want to come eventhough I passed because I know I'll still have to leave. "I know you have to leave but this could only happen once.. At least you get to step in this entertainment even just for a day~" Shanny really wants me to come here.. "Today we will be officially trainees.. at least for a day.." Shanny slightly smiled and continued to held on my arm.

"I'm here!" Hyunwoo came in late. "Yah! You are always late!" Shanny scolded him, "Sorry, I woke up late~" he chuckled. "Let's go!" Shanny lead the way.

--------

 

We walked on the hallways.. There were old trainees passing by.. I can't believe I'm here. 

I looked at the steps I was taking. Yonghwa must have walked  this hallway when he was still a trainee... This feels so nice.. sadly, I'll have to leave it all behind..

This will really break my heart if I'll stay here but eventually leave. "Shanny! I really can't do this.. I-I need to go.." I pulled Shanny's hand off my arm. "Ji-Eun-ah!" she shouted but I ignored her and left.

 

--

YongHwa's POV

 

Me and my brother walked outside the practice room.

"Ji-Eun-ah!!" a girl with light brown hair shouted right infront of us.

We were slightly startled. "Omo, Y-yonghwa.." the girl stuttered. I looked towards the hallway and there was a girl running away. 

"A-annyeonghaseyo.." the girl and the boy with her bowed at me. I smiled and nodded my head to them.

 

--

Ji-Eun's POV

 

At school, I passed my papers to the administration office..

I'm officially leaving this school. I sighed as the lady took the papers from me.

"No way!" I heard some students chatting beside me.

"How could he leave like that?" "You can't blame him after all the controversies he had last year" "Such a waste.."

I looked at the tablet they were holding. 

"Jung Yong Hwa to nullify his contract with Sky entertainment due to personal reasons"

O_O! I was so startled with the news. "Is this real?!" I shouted out of the blue. My eyes were about to pop looking at the article

"What's with this girl..." "It's not yet official but it seems like it.."

No no no.. he can't.. he shouldn't! He's so talented! How could he leave like that?! My heart suddenly felt empty and pain.

 

"Excuse me! Can I get my papers back?" I asked the lady. "Eh? I already passed it---" "Please!!" I shouted. "Ok!" she looked at me with disgust and stood up. After a while, she returned with all the papers. "Here.." she said. "Kamsahamnida!" I bowed to her.

 

------------------

 

YongHwa's POV

 

MinYoung-noona gathered the new trainees in one room. I'm standing beside her while she was saying her introductions.

"How are you feeling today?" she asked. "Great!" The girl with blonde hair answered.

"Do you feel passionate?" she said with high spirits. "NE!" they shouted. "Therefore, all of you should hold unto that because harder days are coming.." Is she trying to scare them? XD "I'm sure you know this guy here with me?" she pulled be towards the center. I just agreed to do so.. "NE!!" They answered. "Annyeonghaseyo, it's nice to meet you all." I said my greetings and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo!" they stood up too and bowed.

The door suddenly opened slowly. Everyone went silent and focused on the door.

"Excuse me.." a girl was peeking behind the door. "Can we help you?" MinYoung-noona asked politely. "I-I.." she stuttered. "Are you one of the new trainees?" noona asked. "Ne!" she replied. I nodded slowly as I looked at her. She suddenly shifts her eyes towards me. She looked pretty sad. "Are you Lee Ji-Eun-ssi?" noon asked after checking the lists of trainees. "Ne.." she replied. "Please come in~"

The girl walked inside and then looked back at me again. She looked away and went to search for a seat. I remember her, she wrote an original song during the auditions. Is she my fan?

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

I immediately found a seat when I spotted Shanny and Hyunwoo, "Yah! I'm so glad you came back!" Shanny said and slapped my back before I could even take a seat. I just ignored it with such a long face. "What's wrong?" Hyunwoo asked.

 

---

"This is the start of everything, wether you stay or leave, It's your decision. You fate is up to you now.. Only the best stays.. for their debut.. The reason why we added new trainees was because we plan to debut a new idol. There is still no exact debut date but I hope all of you will try your best!"

"Your first mission as a trainee is to, find yourself, what you love, what you like, what you want, need and what is YOU. I know it sounds complicated so to put it simply, find you originality and unique self. There's no right or wrong answers. This id due next week~ The weekly assessment~" 

"What if we don't find it?" one traine asked. "I said, there's no right or wrong answers.. and I said.. It's up to YOU.." she answered with charisma >..<

"Does that mean we'll be eliminated?" another trainee asked, "I never said this is a survival game." she giggled. "So it's okay if we don't find our originality? We won't be kicked out of the training?" another trainee asked. "This mission has no rules. This mission is all about you.. Just learn about yourself." she said.

 

----

After the orientation..

 

"I was REALLY confused to what she was trying to say.." Hyunwoo chuckled while we walked out the room. "But I think she's saying that it's okay if we can't find it.. weird.." Shanny giggled. "Yah, Are you ok? What happened?" Shanny grasped both of my shoulders tight. I ignored her when I saw Yonghwa walk out of the room with Miss MinYoung.

"Haha, what's up with your speech? It sounds so cheesy." YongHwa chuckled, "Hahaha I just want them to feel competitive~" MinYoung replied.

"Y-yah! Where are you going?" Shanny grabbed my wrists but I immediately shoved it off and walked towards YongHwa. "What's wrong with her?" Hyunwoo asked Shanny.

"A-annyeonghaseyo.." I bowed to them before they could leave. "Oh, what's wrong?" MinYoung-eonni smiled. "I-I'm Yonghwa-oppa's fan.. a REALLY big fan.." I don't know but at this moment I actually want to say what's on my mind. So not like me... "Ah ne.." Yonghwa nodded. "Yonghwa-yah!" a guy who looks like in his 30s was running towards us. "Look how fast the news is spreading!" he showed Yonghwa the article about his contract being nullified. "How'd they found out?" Yonghwa exclaimed and took the phone from the guy... My heart broke when he partially admitted it was true..

Yonghwa looked back at me. I looked away to hide my emotional eyes. "I-I waited..." I stuttered and prevented myself from looking at him. "I waited for your comeback." I said and finally looked at him with a fake smile. "Who is she?" the guy whispered to Yonghwa. I might look so stupid to them right now so I took a step backward. "Th-that's all.." I stuttered and bowed. "Wait!" before MinYoung-eonni could stop me I quickly left and ran towards Shanny & Hyunwoo.

"Ji-Eun-ah.." Hyunwoo called my name out.. -.- Shanny immediately hugged me. "Yah! I'm okay!" I said and broke the hug. "I was leaving anyway.." I continued with a soft voice. 

 

-------

 

YongHwa's POV

 

I went inside my car, getting ready to go home.

I started the engine and then, the girl earlier exited the building with her friends. She was laughing with them. I don't know why but she looked really hurt when I mentioned about the contract.. I-I didn't even thought how my fans would get hurt if I leave.. I was really certain about leaving..

 

-

 

Upon arriving at home, As I opened the door entrance, the luggages were waiting for me.

I have to leave tomorrow.. and tomorrow is the day I planned to officially nullify my contract secretly but.. Somehow I'm doubting my decision. I feel like I'm doing something wrong...

 

------------------

 

Ji-Eun's POV

 

It was already 3:45 PM. I went home to get my stuffs ready.

"JiEun-ah! Someone is looking for you outside!" my mom called me out. "Ne!" I stopped what I was doing and went out. "Who is it?" I asked and opened the front door. "JiEun-aaaah! How could you leave without informing me?!" It was JiYeon eonni. "Oh I'm sorry.." I said. "NO! I can't believe you!" she grabbed my wrist and dragged me outside the house.

 

"Eonni!" I tried to stop her. She finally let go. "I heard.. about Yonghwa.." she said with a serious face. "Oh right.." I said and laughed it off. "You consider yourself a fan?!" she slapped my face. "Oww!" I screeched. "You got in that company right?! This is your chance!" she shouted. "What chance?!" I shouted back. "Your chance to be YongHwa's STORM AND LIGHT!" she shouted. "WHAT?!" I shouted again. "Stop him! You know very well how talented and awesome he is! How could you let him leave like that?!" she shouted. "Tsch, It's not like he'll listen to some fan he just met." I crossed my arms. "Plus! I have no choice! I have to leave~" I said and tried to escaped

"No, I'll not let you! I found an apartment for you to stay in." she tried to stop me. "No way!--" "Not for free~" she inserted my words. "I'm giving you a job so it's not for free. Just please stay.. You can start reaching your dreams then.." she said and patted my head. She really sounds like a blood-related older sister. "I informed your mom an hour ago about you staying.." she said. "BWO?!" I shouted. "JiEun-ah, You are like my little sister. Seeing you like thi, being all sad and dream-less, hurts my pride. I was once a Yonghwa fan! I know how you really look up to him as well~" she said.

"I-I really don't know..." I looked down. "From now on, don't look away.. Chase your dreams!!!" she screamed. "Aish! So loud!" I covered . "Arasseo!!" I shouted back. "This is why I wuv you!!!" she hugged me. "Eonni~ gomawo.." I said. "Now go to this apartment." she said and gave me a note.

 

 

---------------------------------------------

I'll stop here for now...

My next update might be on Monday or Tuesday :3

So sleeepy... my head aches so much T^T

excuse my grammars and misspelled words.. >....<

 

Subscribe and comment!!! ♥♥