Sleep over

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9. Sleep over!

 

“Well, it doesn’t look like we’re getting home today, since it’s storming outside.” Suho informed when he got down with his arms full of blankets. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other. Their faces lid up and they laughed weirdly.

“SLEEP OVER!” they then screamed to each other faces and made some celebrating dance. I smiled at them.

I started to see a pattern. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were always together, just like Luhan always smiled more when Sehun was near –especially when there was skinship included.

Kai and D.O seemed to end up with each other all the time too. It was kind of fascinating! Someone was always more with someone. Right now Kris were not just comforting me –which wasn’t necessary, cause I weren’t as scared anymore- he were also talking and laughing with Tao on my other side.

“LUHAN HYUNG, WE NEED MATTRESSES!” Chanyeol screamed and ran up followed by an exited Baekhyun. My eyes followed them. Is everyone going to sleep down here?

“WE CAN’T SLEEP HERE! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE GHOSTS LIVE IN THE BASEMENT!” Tao screamed after them.

Really, ghosts too?

“Tao, I swear! There are no ghosts!” Kris promised. Tao gave him a judging look.

“I know I have told you about my grandma, duiznhang! Take her seriously!” he whispered as reply before cover himself with a blanket. Kris sighed.

“You know, Tao. Ghosts live on the loft…” I tried but he didn’t answer me.

“Better?” Kris then asked me. I nodded.

“Thank you!”

“Yeah, thank me!” he said and snapped back his arm. “What are you really so afraid of?”

I gave a hunch, cause I didn’t really feel like discussing that with him.

“Here, I brought some cards! Wanna play?” Suho asked.

“Sure!”

Everyone created a circle on the floor while Suho mixed the cards. One hour later Chanyeol screamed

"YOU'RE CHEATING!" in Chen's face.

"I SAW IT TOO!"

"I DID NOT!"

"YOU LIL' ! SHOW US YOUR HANDS!"

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO!"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE CHEATING!"

"I'M NOT, I JUST DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW MY CARDS!"

My stomach groaned loudly causing everyone to look at me. I smiled awkward while mentally dying of embarrassment.

“We need food! I’ll go make some... Kai?” D.O broke the awkwardness and mentally begged Kai to join him in the kitchen -by staring obvious at him.

“I’ll be right there!” Kai answered and followed Kyungsoo.

“We can start over without them…” Chen said and followed them with his eyes.

"Of course you'd like that, cheater." Chen just glared at Kris.

“Maybe they need help!” Lay wondered and was just about to stand up.

“Leave them, they’ll be fine! Just stay here!” Suho stopped him.

“Are you sure? Maybe it’s heavy…”

“No.”

“I think…”

“No.”

“But I’m…”

Lay shut up when he saw Suho glare and took his seat again, quiet.

Almost an hour later D.O came down with a big tray followed by Kai with a smaller one.  Kai kept a safe distance from D.O and awaited him to do something. Had they fought? The food filled the basement with a lovely smell when they placed it on the table.

“We made soup, since it was the only thing we could find!” D.O said grumpy. What was up with him? He sighed and frowned his forehead, but didn’t say a thing.

There was an awkward silence while we ate. Everyone could feel that D.O was pissed. He sighed all the time and got really upset when he accidently spilled on his shirt. At that time he couldn’t take it anymore and groaned while making eye contact with Luhan.

“Hyung, your kitchen is tragic!” he then said and snorted, still pissed.

The kitchen? Is that the reason he was so mad? I couldn’t help but laugh. I mean, it was ridiculous. Everyone else looked at each other and burst into laughed too. D.O looked offended and kept giving everyone killing glares, but it didn’t really help. No one could stop laugh at him.

“It’s not funny! People should have proper food home!” D.O continued serious, but that only made us laugh more –if it was possible.

“And your mom! How is she supposed to be able to work hard when she can’t even have a good meal each day? What has happened? We always get delicious food when we’re here! Do you want me to do a shopping list? I can shop as well!”

The funniest part was that he was deadly serious.

“And I thought you were angry at me, for burning the onion!” Kai sighed relieved, which made us laugh more.

“Don’t think I haven’t forgiven you yet! But seriously hyung! Are you trying the concept; 'starving'?” D.O asked Luhan. Luhan shook his head and tried to get himself together.

“It’s the maids job to shop and make dinner. Usually they buy food when they need it and nothing more than what’s necessary. And since they couldn’t make it here today, then I guess we don’t have any food either!” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter