Let's go

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you all! Love you!

---------------------------------------------------

17. Let's go

 

The picnic was so weird. You could feel the tension between Kris and Pei the whole time, even though Pei tried to talk it away.

“How’s your leg Najin?” he asked.

What do you mean? It’s broken…

“Better…” I tried to smile. Honestly all the walking made me tired. It felt good with some rest now.

“Good.” He said and continued with his sandwich. Though, he didn’t really look like he cared. “Want to take a look around?”

“It’s fine, I think I’ll just rest for a while…”

Pei looked a bit disappointed but nodded. Next to me Kris couldn’t stop smile. That kind of made me smile as well.

“I would love to take a look around!” Luhan said exited. First Pei didn’t react. Then you could see how his face totally changed. He glared at Luhan like all the worlds’ war was on his shoulders.

“You would? But I’m not sure I can leave…”

“It’s fine! I’m here!” Kris grinned. After a while –when Pei was done boiling- he sighed and stood up.

“Sure… Come on!” he said. Luhan quickly stood up and followed. I couldn’t stop smiling when I saw them walk off. Then I lay down. This forest was so refreshing, so I just closed my eyes and tried to take it all in.

“Eye! You sure you’re fine?” Kris then asked concerned.

“Just a bit tired…” I answered. I don’t know why I confessed that, I just feel like being honest with him.

 

Kris

 

Najin looked totally drained. Everything in her face screamed out how tired she was, and yet she smiled and said she was fine.  What an idiot.

“Want to take a look around?” Pei asked her. How did he even dare? Can’t he see how tired she is? Her leg is broken for god’s sake!

“It’s fine, I think I’ll just rest for a while…” she answered.

Ha! In your face Pei.

 I couldn’t help but to smile at his expression. It was seriously hilarious!

“I would love to take a look around!” Luhan then said. I lifted my gaze to see the new expression on his face.

Total judgment.

“You would? But I’m not sure I can leave…” he tried, his voice draping with annoyance.

“It’s fine! I’m here!” I couldn’t help it. The words just bubbled out with a grin on my face. Pei looked like he would explode.

“Sure… Come on!” he then said. Better luck next time, I thought and made an effort not to wave them goodbye.

Najin lay down next to me.

Is she sleeping?

Something inside me started to feel.

Is she truly all right? She looks so weak.

“Eye! You sure you’re fine?” I asked after a while. It was painful seeing her like this.

“Just a bit tired…” she said.

No kidding.

Though, it actually surprised me she even confessed that she was tired. Something else started to feel now –some people would call it jealousy.

 I do NOT want her to ride behind Pei again. I can’t let her. It will only distract me again and annoy me.

“Come on! Let’s go home. You’re too tired to do this.” I used as excuse and stood up. She opened her eyes and looked up at me. She really looked cute at this point.

“But we can’t just leave them…” she said as she half sat up, leaning on her elbow.

“I’ll leave a note or call Luhan or whatever, but you really need to go home!”

When she still didn’t react I bend down and took her up in my arms and carried her. She gasped and slung her arms around me.

“What are you doing Kris?” she gasped. I sheepishly smirked to myself.

“What do you mean? I’m taking you home.” I replied and kept walking.

“I swear Kris, I really am fine!”

Who cares? I won’t be if you’re going to ride behind that ert again.

“I don’t believe you!”

She then shut up, just leaning her head against my shoulder while I was carrying her.

“Thank you!” she then said with closed eyes.

Any time, I thought while studying her face closely.

So innocent and tough at the same time.

I smiled. Exactly my style.

 

Najin

 

Riding with Kris was a completely different thing. He drove in normal speed and I felt very safe. I automatically tightened my arms around him when we turned next time. Somehow, this didn’t feel awkward. I felt nervous, but not awkward.

I allowed myself to relax for a few seconds, just leaning with my head on Kris back and realized that riding a motorcycle wasn’t that bad. It was actually kind of nice.

Especially when Kris drove.

 

“Hello?” Woohyun answered at my second call.

“Hi, it’s me.”

“Who?”

“Najin…”

“Ooooh… Hi baby!”

“Hey, I miss you!”

Well, it kind of was a lie, but I guess I was supposed to say that.

“I miss you too…” he said, not really sounding like he meant it from the bottom of his heart he neither. Then I herd something in the background.

“Sorry, am I interrupting something?”

“Na, it’s just YaeHin and the boys.” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter