Hospitalized

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7. Hospitalized

 

The view from the roof was great. It felt like you could see all the way to the end of the world. I stared out, fully aware of that Woohyun looked at me. But I let him.

“It’s beautiful!” I said fascinated. He turned his eyes out and nodded.

“It is…” he said. We stood by the fence a long time just enjoying the view and each other’s company. I looked over the crowd. No Luhan, good for him. Actually, no one from EXO was here to disturb us.

“Lucky Myungsoo, who lives here! He gets to see the view every day!” I said.

“Yeah, he would be, if he ever would go up on the roof.” Woohyun replied. I looked at him with a confused face. “He’s afraid of highs.” He continued. I widen my eyes.

“What? What a shame! This view is awesome!” I said and thought of Luhan. He was afraid of highs as well.

“Yes, and you know they owns a apartment too… On floor 32!” he said and smiled. I giggled at the irony. We stayed silent a while, just enjoying the view.

 “Now, tell me about yourself! I don’t know anything about you!” he then said. I scoffed.

“No… You go first!” I replied.

“Okay, lets play a game! I tell you something about me and you have to tell the same thing about yourself?” he proposed. Sounds fair enough. I nodded.

“Let’s start with the basics! I have a brother. An older one, named Boohyun. He owns a very popular BBQ restaurant near here and someday I’ll take you there! How about you?” he said. I smiled.

“Well, I don't have an older brother. My mother and I lived in Gwangju, until she decided to send me here for some reason, I don’t know why.”

“Wait, what about your father?” he asked. I got a bit stunned and didn’t know how to answer the question. No one had really asked direct me about my father before. I looked away. Everyone in Gwangju already knew.

“My father? Well, my father is… he’s not really…” I tried, but how was I supposed to finish the sentence? Around? I didn’t have to finish because Woohyun suddenly inhaled loudly and widen his eyes.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to… Najin, I’m so sorry!” I stared at him.

Why was he apologizing? Then I understood and burst in to laugh.

“No, no! He’s not dead if you thought that!” I laughed. Woohyun relaxed a bit and I stopped laugh. I looked down. Woohyun understood that I didn’t want to talk more about it and clapped his hands to get my attention.

“Moving on! This is getting depressing!” he said and I smiled a little. “Your turn!”

“Okay…My favorite color is…” Woohyun stopped me with his hand.

“You can do better than that! Come on, I want the nasty, humiliating parts! Those you wouldn’t tell anyone!” I smirked and changed position. I looked deep in to his eyes.

Wow, he really had beautiful eyes.

“Well, if so is the case… My first serious boyfriend was four years ago… We were, pretty…close!”

“Wow, now you’re just bragging!”

“Oh yeah? What about you?” I gave him a teasing smile.

“Na, I’m still waiting for her!” he said. I actually got shocked. With his perfect face and body! I just couldn’t believe it. I stared at him with my eyebrows raised. After a while he smirked.

“You’re kidding?” I said.

“A cookie?” Someone then came and asked. Without thinking I took one–still staring at Woohyun- but didn’t eat it, I just held it in my hand.

“No! I’m serious!” he said seriously. I ended up staring at him again.

Unbelievable.

 “So who, if I may ask, was this boyfriend of yours?” he asked and I scoffed again.

“Actually, he was older and had very bad influence on me. He made me wear all this dark makeup and clothes. It happened often that I skipped classes. My mother was furious of me, but when he made me try smoking… Well, let’s just say we broke up a few days later.” Now it was Woohyuns turn to stare.

“Najin, you were badass!” he then said. I gave a hunch and took a bite of the cookie I held. Mm, chocolate, my favorite. And it was something else… What was it? I swallowed. The taste was familiar… Suddenly I froze. My throat directly started to itch. Please don’t tell me… I looked down on the cookie and saw… peanuts.

Najin, you ! How stupid can you get? I frowned my forehead. Do not panic!

I got the feeling of having harder to breath and started to cough. Woohyun widen his eyes and looked at me. I started to feel the lack of oxygen and leaned on to Woohyun. He asked me what’s wrong, but I didn’t really feel like answering since my throat hurt like and I really needed to focus on breathing. I just leaned on him and tried to inhale deep. Woohyun started to screa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter