Cinderella

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. Cinderella

 

I was shocked and stared at mom. Is she kidding? Of course she is! I started to laugh.

“Ha-ha, you almost got me!” I said and hoped she would laugh too, but she didn’t. Is she serious? She couldn’t do this! It isn't fair! My thoughts started to rush through my mind.

“No, mom! I mean, why?!” I was on the edge of screaming but she just sat there, looking sad. What does this mean? It’s the last year and I have my grades to think about…

“Just as I said, I don’t think this is working! We’re always fighting!” she said calm and looked into my eyes. I stared at her.

“OMG, mom! I’m not going! And it’s in the middle of the semester! I can’t just skip school!” now I yelled.

“Well, honey… Of course you’re not going to skip school! You know your aunt owns a lot of schools…”

“Are you serious?! You can’t make me!”

“Well, for the record…”

“What will happen to my grades? And my future?”

“Najin, I don’t think…”

“And what about my friends?”

“What friends? Honey, calm down!”

She wanted me to calm down?!

“CALM DOWN?! YOU CAN’T JUST DROP A BOMB LIKE THAT AND THEN ASK ME TO CALM DOWN!”, I screamed. This is really too much!

“I don’t get what the big deal is! You love both your aunt and Luhan!” she said. Well I did. They were probably the only persons I actually could stand… But that wasn’t the point!

“Mom! I’m NOT changing school!” I yelled. “End” I added and ran up on my room and locked the door. In my room I started to walk around trying to get a grip on what was going on.

A new school. That would mean I’m the new student. The one who doesn’t fit in. The one who needs to try squeezing herself in somewhere. Anywhere. Maybe I could hang out with Luhan for a while, but I didn’t want to be a part of that lame EXO. It would mean new teachers and a new hallway. It would also probably mean a new and her pathetic tries to charm the hottest guys, who ever they were. And a new group of nerds. And another offer for the bullies.

Everything would be there; only this time I would be that loser that doesn’t know her spot. The one who’s always doing wrong and breaking the unwritten social laws. The one that someone always will pity but don’t bother to help. The new kid.

 Someone knocked on my door and interrupted me in my thoughts.

“Najin, can you please open the door?” mom asked.

“I’m not going, mom,” I yelled.

“Well, the train leaves in tree hours! And I think this will do some good for us!” she said calmly. “And you can always come home, if things aren’t working…” she added. I still didn’t want to go but the more I thought about it, the more tempting it sounded. I used to have a lot of fun with Luhan. I don’t have one friend here. I loved my auntie and always argued with my mother. There were a lot of things I wanted to forget here, and a new start could maybe be the answer.

So I ended up packing, still pissed of by mom for forcing me to go. She had said the rest of the year… Well, it was just a few months since the school had started again after the summer, so that would mean only three months until the Christmas-break…  And after that... it would… only be a… half year left! Man, I missed home already!

“I’m done…” I said grumpy while walking down with my bag. My mother was sitting in the couch and nodded when she saw me. Then she put her sunglasses on. I looked out.

“Mom, it’s raining! You don’t need them.” She cleared .

“They match the outfit”, she said and took the car keys. I took one last look around in the house before closing the door and ran to the car.

The train was a few minutes late so I had to stand in the rain for a while. I didn’t really bother since I loved the rain. My mother had dropped me off by the station and left a time ago. We had said our goodbyes and I promised to call when the train arrived in Seoul.

 The trip would take about tree hours so I had plenty of time to go through the first day of school in my mind. I wouldn’t stand out too much, but I didn’t want to be the shy girl either. When it comes to finding the right room I would attack the closest and most normal-looking person I could find. If there was something I wanted to avoid it was the popular ones. They always attracted eyes and attention, and that I didn’t want. I could probably ask Luhan for help too, if I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter