It's not you? (MERRY KRISMAS!)

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18. It's not you?

 

The dinner –which I had made Kris do- was just ready to eat when the door flew open and Luhan entered.

“Hey!” he said and smiled. I smiled back and tilted my head at the other chair by the table, meaning he should sit down.

“Great you’re here, we were…” Kris begun but stopped when the other person entered.

“Awesome, food! I’m starving!” Pei said and smirked evilly at Kris. Then he took the seat next to me. “Hey Najin, how’s your foot? I didn’t know it was that bad, I’m so sorry for making you do all that!” he said with a sad face.

“I’m alive, right!” I smirked. Pei just nodded and started to dig in on the food.

“Aren’t your parents making dinner for you?” Kris asked grimly. Pei looked so innocent.

“Luhan invited me…” he then said.

Kris shoot Luhan a killing glare. “To my house?”

Luhan looked up from his plate.“I didn’t think you would mind! After all, you two were classmates!” he blinked. “And besides, after that you and Najin totally left us, Pei and I had the time of our lives.”

Pei and Luhan looked at each other and then smirked suspiciously.

“Whatever.” Kris snorted and we kept eating the rest of our food in silence.

After some time Pei looked up from his food and looked from me to Kris. Then he looked from Kris and back to me and repeated that for a while. He opened his mouth and closed it again.

“So, I’m curious about something…” he finally said. All the looking had made me nervous. “How long has the two of you been dated?” he looked at Kris and me. I just glared at him.

“Who?” I asked.

“You and Kris of course.” Pei said like the most obvious thing ever. I looked over at Kris and he meet my eyes. I quickly turned back my gaze at Pei.

“We’re not dating!” both of us burst out in unison. Next to Kris Luhan chuckled amused while clapping his hands like a retarded seal.

“Really? Well, I kind of got that expression by your acts Kris… When I asked if she wanted me to show her around and you were so fast informing me that she already had a boyfriend, so I figured it had to be you! And when you carried her to your motorcycle…  It was such a lovable act, I just… I thought the feelings were mutual…” Pei stated. He seems truly baffled. I just glanced at Kris –whom was boiling at the moment. Because of what, I don’t know. Maybe he’s embarrassed. But I do know that Kris is about to explode. He radiated pure hate against Pei.

Does Kris like me? Is that why he’s being so… nice(?)… to me? Well, from time to time at least he is! No, he can’t. That would be to weird.

“Personally, I think you look great together!” Pei continued and ignored Kris. Kris smiled. A super fake and made to smile.

“Thank you, but she looks even better with her real boyfriend.” He then said. The words kind of sting my heart.

He really thinks that? How can we look good when it doesn’t feel good? His words annoyed me.

“Na, I don’t believe you!” Pei smirked. “At least that’s not your inner thoughts!” This was getting ridiculous.

“Are you done?” I asked him and took his plate without waiting for the answer. Luhan took Kris’s and followed me to the kitchen. Out in the dining room we could hear them arguing like the world depended on it.

“Did you tell Pei we dated?” I asked Luhan, who seemed a little bit too happy about this misunderstanding. Luhan looked hurt.

“Najin, why would I do that? I know the two of you aren’t dating, and if you would I believe at least one of you would have told me.”

“Why on earth do you even think I would date Kris? I’ve already got Woohyun, whom I like very much!” I defended myself. I was so not ready for this yet.

“You don’t love him?” Luhan asked the question like I was supposed to crazy love him. I didn’t know what to answer. He totally took me by surprise.

“Well, I have to start at some state, right? Do I have to love him from the very beginning?” I stammered insecure. Luhan shrugged.

“Did you even think this through? How long have you known him? Two months?”

I looked down in the floor.

Something like that.

Honestly, I don’t even know the date of our first date. Or which day I asked if we were a couple. I’m the worst girlfriend ever. Both Luhan and I sighed.

“Jut don’t get hurt, okay?” Luhan said and gave me a quick pat on the back before returning to the dining room. In the doorway he mumbled:

“Though I think you and Kris look kind of good together.” He grinned. “Better than with that idiot at least.” The last thing I quite didn’t catch, but I thought it sounded something like that. I huffed a little, and then I followed him.

What was that really supposed to mean?

“I want to watch a movie!” Pei suggested when he saw me. I nodded. A movie wasn’t such a bad idea.

“Yeah, I agree,” Luhan said and begun to look through Kris’s shelf. “What shall we see? Romance? Triangle drama?” he smirked and glanced at me. I stared back.

Don’t you even dare go there. I’m perfectly happy with Woohyun.

“Urgh noo!” Kris groaned.

“Why Kris?” Pei asked. “I’m up for it.”

“Are you guys serious? Man up!”

“Don’t act man.” Pei snapped back and ignored the following glare. "Everyone knows you're not one."

“Nice, drama it is!” Luhan said happy.

I had placed myself in the couch a while ago and just watched the show. Kris didn’t look too happy, but placed himself next to me anyways. Luhan studied us for a while then he shook his head and took a seat on Kris other side.

“I wont change my mind.” Luhan then mumbled. I rolled my eyes. Then Pei decided that he wanted to squeeze in between the armrest and me.

“Sorry, sorry. Um, Kris? Can you scoot over a little?” Kris glared at him like he had just asked him to save the world and then looked over at the huge gap between himself and Luhan. But he scooted over and I scooted after.

“Thank you.” he said and put up his arm behind me. I glanced at it but let it be. I would proba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter