Sophie

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

25. Sophie

 

“Unni, I like your hair,” Sophie said as she popped a spoon of cake into .

“Thank you,” I smiled and too took a bite of my cake.

“Gege, do you think her hair is pretty?”

“It’s nice,” Kris said and smiled lovely.

“I want hair like you when I grow up.”

“But you already have really pretty hair of your own,” I said. She looked up at Kris and he ruffed her hair.

“Gege, who do you think has the pretties hair?”

“Umm… Both,” he smiled. She rolled her eyes.

“I’m really glad you’re so boring, gege, because then it means I have no competition.”

I laughed, “burned!” I joked.

Kris huffed, “wow,” he said and gave her an unbelieving/hurt look.

“You two really fit together,” I said, meaning it.

“Of course we do,” Sophie said.

“You mean we’re like a perfect match…?” Kris teasingly asked me and raised one eyebrow. I rolled my eyes.

“Sure, you can put it that way. But I’ll never tell you though, that would totally ruin the relationship.”

Kris laughed a little.

“Do you have boyfriend, unni?” Sophie then asked and the question kinda put me a little out of place.

“Um, yeah, yes I do.”

“It’s not Kris, right?” she asked and gave me a warning look. I looked at Kris and shook my head, “do you have a picture?” she then continued.

“I think so…” I said and started to dig in my purse for my phone. I then found it and looked through all my pictures of Luhan and Kris and EXO and then when I was about to give up on finding one, I saw one selca of the two of us, “here,” I showed her.

Sophie studied it for a while, “why do you only have one picture?” she then asked.

That I had no answer to. He didn’t really like being on photos. Kris saw me struggling to find a good answer and decided to help me.

“Because she’s obsessing over me,” he said and I looked up surprised. I then saw he was joking and gave him a thankful smile. Sophie looked from me to him and back to me.

“Gege is actually more handsome.”

We all laughed.

 

A bit later we were just strolling around in a park, Sophie holding our hands, one on each side, and babbled like it depended on life.

“Did you know unni, that when a girl gets pregnant, it’s because she’s been with a boy?”

“Really? I actually didn’t know that,” I played along, unsure if she was supposed to know this kind of stuff yet.

“You didn’t? Mom told me that. Do you know what they do when they’re together?”

I gave Kris a questioning, worried look. He just made an embarrassed face and shrugged. I then smiled, “I think I have some ideas of what they may do.”

“The boy kisses the girl, it’s always like that,” Sophie continued anyway, “Then they bake together. Or at least that was what mom said. She said she has a bun in the oven. Which means that when the bun’s ready, it comes out a baby,” Sophie explained with a shrug like it was totally normal. I giggled a little and heard Kris do the same thing.

“Thank you for explaining this to me,” I said.

“You’re welcome. Have you and your boyfriend baked yet?”

My face reddened, “Omg…” I whispered embarrassed by the question and Kris stared intern at me, “No, not yet,” I then said Kris relaxed a little.

“Hum, too bad. You should do it before you get too old and wrinkly.”

I stared at her, “yeah… sure.”

“Wait, has he kissed you yet?” she then continued the interrogation.

“Um, yes.”

I felt Kris mood drop by my side.

“So what, he kissed you but you didn’t bake? That’s no gentleman, I tell ya.”

“No, he’s an ,” Kris then muttered and Sophie gasped.

“Language gege!”

I smiled a bitter smile, “guess he’s no gentleman… Can we just drop this subject?”

“Sure,” Sophie said and gave me a concerned look, “are you sad unni?”

“No, I’m not sad,” I said and felt a tear d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter