That picture

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

12. THAT PICTURE

Kris

Najin flew up the same second as Luhan and I did. She stared at us, almost terrified, for a second, waiting for us to act first. Then that teasing smirk appeared on her lips again and she started to run with the phone. The impulse told me to run after, so I did. She was really quick though and unfortunately, Luhans house were quite big, so she had a big area to make use of. Luhan took the other side around the table to catch her when she got there, but she just slipped through his arms.

That little . I will have that phone and erase that picture. How did Mrs. Lu even get it?

At that moment I had almost caught up with Najin and it was only to stretch out my hand and I had her. When she turned her head a little and saw how close I were her lips let out a small shrill and speed up her tempo just as I were about to get her. Then she started to laugh as she ran. Something hit me… inside! It felt weird! It felt… funny?

“YOU STOP RIGHT THERE!” I screamed, but she didn’t listen. Where did Luhan go? Najin kept running around while the adults watched amused.

“GIVE ME THE FREAKIN’ PHONE!”

"Your language, Kris!" mom chuckled somewher from the kitchen-direction. I ignored her.

“Na-a! You’re going to delete it!” she responded as she escaped me.

“YOU CAN BE SURE AS HELL ON THAT! NOW STOP!” that idiot kept running and laughing. I started to grow tired. How can she not be tired?

I saw her starting to climb the stairs with two steps at the time. Is she really forcing me to take the stairs? I’m going to kill her later. Then I saw the little dork Luhan by the table. He socialized with the adults. That traitor. How can he do something like that when we have important stuff going on here? Our whole reputation depends on that freakin’ photo.

As soon as she had reached the second floor she locked herself up in the closest room. Damn it!

I could hear her giggling in there. She’s defiantly up to something!

“Open the door!” I demanded and banged hard. She just continued with her annoying giggle that only turned into a laugh.

“JUST OPEN THE DAMN DOOR! NOW”

“You wish!” she responded cheerfully. God help me!

Then she suddenly opened the door by herself. I was prepared that she would run again, but she just stood there innocent. After staring at me for a while she sighed and handed me the phone.

“Here! I don’t want to ruin your reputation…” she whispered. I feel that feeling again…

“Good!” I snorted and snapped away the phone from her. I feel confused. Why does she look so innocent?

“Can I go?” she then asked. She almost looks a bit cut… No! Najin is not cute! Kris, you funny little ! Go back down now!

“Please do!” I snorted her and turned around. This was too weird. Irritating! Confusing!

Najin disappeared to her room and I went back downstairs.

“Luhan, what the hell?!” I blamed him when I got down. He smiled.

“I thought you handled it pretty well!” he blinked. I snorted. Idiot.

 

“Kris, I think we’re going to leave now! Are you coming or will you stay?” mom asked later. Luhan and I were out by the old swings.

“I’ll stay a while….” I responded. My lovely mother kissed my cheek and left. That wonderful lady never asked unnecessary questions.

Luhan looked curious at me and waited for some kind of explanation why I would stay. I usually don’t like to stay so late. The reason why I wanted to stay was that… The reason… No, I can’t be sure yet! I sighed loudly.

“When I think about it, I think I’ll go now anyway!” I said after a while. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to bring it up with Luhan yet. I had to be more sure!

“You’re seriously not going to tell me?” Luhan questioned and stared at me. I shook my head. “Okay, it’s fine. Just tell me when you’re ready!” he smirked and wigged his eyebrowns up and down. I snorted. This is ridiculous.

“Yeah, sure!” I gently hit Luhan on the arm and left. Even though Luhan was my best friend, I really had to think this through first. And maybe talk about it with Tao…

 

Najin

Kris was obviously just about to tell Luhan something important out there. Luhan had that OMG-I’m-dying-of-curiosity expression that you only would recognize if you knew him good enough to have seen it a lot. I couldn’t hear them from my room on the second floor, but I could see their mouths moving.

Would Kris really have something important to say? I thought nothing interesting happened to him. Or that he shared it with people. But then again, how well did I really know him?

“Goodbye sweetie!” Mrs. Wu said from the door. “I hope I’ll see you soon again!”

“Oh! You’re leaving?”

“Yeah, It’s getting late!”

“I see! Well, have a good night!” I smiled and bowed. Mrs. Wu snickered.

“Oh dear, you don’t need to be so polite!” she cheered and pinched my cheeks. Ow, that really hurt. I laughed awkwardly. “Good night!” she then said and left. One minute later it knocked again and Mr. Wu entered.

“I just wanted to say good night!” he smiled.

“Good night Mr. Wu!” I responded. I really liked this man. Probably even more than Mrs. Wu. He was quiet and understanding. I had learned that by the table before when I had told them that I was here because of my mother. Mr. Wu was just satisfied with me being here, while Mrs. Wu wanted to know the reason I had left my mom. He’s simpler. Maybe it was because he didn’t care, but I hadn’t got that impression, yet.

What the heck happened to Kris. He's nothing like his parents.

By the thought of Kris I looked out and saw that they had le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter