Punishment

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

21. Punishment

 

“NO, YOU COME HERE! WE HAVE TO FIX THIS FIRST!” I yelled and dragged Kris with me to the other side of the tent. The tent itself, was just on the edge of braking down -again.

“I don’t think we’re doing this right…” Kris scratched his head.

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I’M SURE THIS IS THE WAY, WE’RE JUST NOT DOIN’ IT FAST ENOUGH!”

“No, Najin, I don’t think…”

“COME ON, QUICK KRIS! WE CAN’T LOSE!” I said completely hyperactive.

Putting up tents defiantly needed energy and most of all, it needed speed! You apparently have to be on every side at the same time! How’s that even possible?

“I think we’ve already lo-”

“STOP THINKING AND GET THIS RIGHT INSTEAD!”

Kris sighed.

“You know there is a manual here…” he said and held up a big book.

“We haven’t time for some stupid book, I’ve got this! Trust me!” I assured him confident and took another look at the piece of tent now lying flat on the ground.

Kris gave me a skeptic look.

“Sure… Well, here it says that-“

“AND WE’RE DONE!” Mrs. Wu screamed of happiness and threw her hands up in the air.

I groaned and crashed down again, dragging Kris with me, since our feet were still tied together.

“What? They have super speed or what?” I cried not believing we lost.

“Well, it took them 30 minutes…”

“Exactly! How did they manage?”

Kris chuckled lightly by my side.

“Wow, what have you done? Have you just been laying around?” uncle asked Kris and me and inspected our failure a few feet away. I shoot him a glare.

“No uncle, we didn’t and by the way, who are you to judge? You’re not done either!”

“Well, for your information Mrs. and Mr. Wu were the last to finish after you. The rest of us were done a good ten minutes ago…”

“You lost!” Luhan clarified and playfully stuck his tongue out.

No. freakin’. way.

“KRIS THIS IS YOUR FAULT!”

“Mine? How can this be my fault, I just followed your orders.” he asked confused.

I groaned in frustration and tied us up.

“It just is, okay?” I said as I walked off.

Stupid game. Stupid tent. Stupid Kris.

 

Kris

 

“What the heck happened?” I stared after Najin as she furious walked away.

“You know, young man, that when a lady says it’s your fault, you should just agree.” Mr. Lu patted my back.

“Why?”

“Because most of the time, it is.” He chuckled.

“Don’t worry, she’ll come back.” Mrs. Lu smiled.

I don’t know what to say. I was completely out of words. It’s not my fault! She was the one who barked out the orders. And as the obedient guy I am, I followed.

“Hot dog?” Luhan then asked me and stuck a sausage up in my face.

“She usually does stuff like this?” I asked him and gratefully took the hot dog.

“Na, but I guess she’s just, you know, on that week…” Luhan shrugged.

“Seriously, that’s such a lame excuse! I can’t believe that’s what you guys always assume every time a girl is a bit grumpy! What’s your excuse then, when you’re mad?” mom slightly annoyed pointed out from behind.

“I think she just didn’t want to lose,” the little genius Pei then added. No Sherlock. Want an award for realizing?

“You think?” I acted clueless and gaped my mouth. “Well, then I better go tell her how sorry I am that we did!”

“Yeah, it was kind of your fault.”

…Oh, how I love that little er. Always so… I could probably hug him to death right this second. Literally.

I taped a big- fake smile on my lips. “Sure it was.”

Luhan looked a bit amused, but when I looked over at him he got serious.

“Seriously dude, you should go talk to her. What if something happens.” he said and nodded in the direction she went. I gave him a quick nod.

“Wait, I’ll go. She probably doesn’t want to see Kris ugly face again.” Pei smirked.

Ugly? That’s it! I’ve had it with him.

I raised my arm to punch him, hard, when Luhan stopped me and shook his head.

“Just go find her.” He begged.

I did not like the idea of letting Pei sit there and continue grinning, un-punched, but I had no choice. Luhan were worried for Najin and so was I.

“Yeah…” I mumbled and walked of, into the dark woods.

 

I found her just ten minutes away. She was sitting on a stump and looked at her phone.

Is she crying? Crap, did I make her cry? Maybe she called her mom!

“Najin? I’m sorry that we lost… I know it’s my fault just… just, please don’t cry.”

I felt like crying too. Why Kris, why are you such an idiot?

Najin looked up surprised.

Why did she have to be so cute?

“Cry? I’m not crying.” she then said and frowned her brows in confusion, which just made her even cuter. She’s not?

“Good, I thought I had upset you!” I breathed in relief. She gave me a vague smile. “Then why are you here?”

“Thought I would have reception, but apparently not.” she moans and sends a glare full of hate in the direction of the phone. I smiled at her. Then something hit me, right then and I just stared at her, unable to say anything. She was smiling at me. And it felt good. My body felt warm and God I love her smile.

“Shall we go back?” she asked. I nodded a little and started to walk with her back.

“Wait, just… go ahead. I’ll be right there.” I said and stopped.

“You okay?” she looked concerned.

“Yeah, I just need some time.” Najin gave me a skeptic look but left quietly anyway.

When she had left I went back to the stomp she had sat on and took a seat myself. How should I handle this? It’s a total new feeling. I stared into the trees. It then went up for me.

Crap! I like her. I like Najin.

you Kris, there has to be some kind of explanation. Think about it.

What do you like about her? I like the way she stares when she’s mad at me and her smile. Heaven, her smile could replace the sun and brighten up the whole world. And her love to her cuddling toy and to Luhan. She’s kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter