Twice the Mess

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Hwang, everything is arranged” Amber bowed to Mr. Hwang. She came back with Mr. Jung so they could all go to the airport.

“I’m assuming they explained it to you too” Mr. Hwang said to Mr. Jung as soon as he entered the van.

“Things were not meant to be this way” Mr. Jung sighed.

“Inevitable” Mr. Hwang replied.

“I’m sorry” both men apologized to each other.

“If only I wasn’t greedy…….I wouldn’t have dragged you and Tiffany into this either. I hope all goes well for her” Mr. Jung said solemnly.

“It’s okay. I was wrong for letting you do this too. No one is to blame but the man behind all of this. As for Tiffany….I’m worried about her. She hasn’t spent even a day in the company. I don’t know how she’ll take the news” Mr. Hwang said.

“She’s a smart girl. It’ll work out” Mr. Jung reassured his friend.

“I should’ve raised her the way you raised Jessica. She would be more independent that way and I’d be able to trust her with more responsibilities. It’s just that I really don’t want my hard work to go to waste” Mr. Hwang said.

“I actually admire your relationship with Tiffany. Jessica and I don’t have that father-daughter bond anymore. I was too strict on her. She’s drifted too far away for me to have her back. We’re basically business partners in the company and strangers at home. Even if she can handle the company, I feel that she’s just doing it for the name and not really for the family” Mr. Jung said.

Both men shared a period of silence as they lamented on their wrongdoings in the past. It was too late to try to fix it but they knew they needed to stay alive if they wanted to change the future.

“We’re here” Amber announced.

They were at the airport but a private one outside of the city. Amber had arranged two flights to Geneva and Vancouver for the two men to hide from General Hong. Mr. Jung would be going to Geneva where he would be taken into custody and protected by Interpol. They already knew about what was going on because they had leads to the terrorists but they needed Mr. Jung’s help to trace them. The Agency from South Korea had managed to negotiate for them to conclude their investigation before they pressed charges against Mr. Jung.

Mr. Hwang would go to Vancouver and go into hiding with a few of Amber’s old friends. He needed to stay alive if Mr. Jung was to provide evidence for Interpol. He was his best friend and business partner after all.

“Thank you” Mr. Hwang and Mr. Jung thankfully said to Amber before they boarded their respective flights.

“Take care, it’s the best I can do” Amber bowed and retreated back to her car.

She’d spent a lot of time scheduling these sudden flights with old colleagues and diverting the military’s attention from her. Hong knew of her close relationship with Krystal and her friendship with Taeyeon and Yuri. She needed to be ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter