Catching the Mouse Pt.2

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Training grounds” Taeyeon told Yuri, receiving a nod.

“How are we going to do this?” Amber asked, pushing the still unconscious Jiyeon toward the window.

“Hm…………I don’t know” Taeyeon sheepishly admitted

“What?!” Amber asked in shock

“Whoa there calm down, she knows what she’s doing. Just give her a few more minutes” Yuri laughed. She knew her buddy well enough and fully trusted her.

“………….” Amber stayed quiet, awaiting Taeyeon’s decision

“We’ll let her go” Taeyeon suddenly blurted out

“What?!” Amber’s jaw dropped. They had spent so much time planning and executing and now they’re just going to release her?

“There’s no other way we could get Victoria too. Both of them are cautious people” Taeyeon reasoned.

“No need to overreact. Taeng just means release her temporarily then recapture the both of them” Yuri said.

“Oh…..so another trap to lure in the bait?” Amber asked

“Exactly” Taeyeon grinned and gave Amber a high five

“Turns out there is something useful in that head of yours other than butts” Yuri said while patting Taeyeon’s head.

“I can be Captain Kim when I want to be, I just chose to be ByunTae” Taeyeon flashed a dorky grin.

Meanwhile, Amber is awkwardly sitting in the back trying to block out the conversation. She’d never expect these top officers to be so dorky and……erted.

”Anyways, Amber we’re going off the same strategy we used earlier. You and Yuri will stay close to them and go in for the kill when deemed proper. Remember they’re dangerous people so be careful when approaching them. If I recall accurately, Victoria may have a gun. I’ll be in a tree or something looking down at the whole situation with my gun, backing you up if needed.” Taeyeon explained.

“Note that going in for the kill does not mean kill them” Yuri sarcastically noted

“Thank you Captain Obvious” Taeyeon childishly rolled her eyes

“I’m sure we’re all familiar with the training area right? The car will be parked near the gate and we’ll have to go on foot.” Yuri said.

“But how are we supposed to let her go without being seen?” Amber asked.

“The dart is supposed to wear off soon so we can just dump her somewhere and follow her” Yuri answered.

“Make sure to put all her stuff back in her bag” Taeyeon said.

“Done” Amber double checked Jiyeon’s bag and made sure everything was in its rightful place.

Taeyeon shifted a little closer to Yuri and checked to see that Amber was busy reorganizing Jiyeon’s bag.

“I know what you’re worrying about. We’ll get answers once we get Victoria too.” Taeyeon whispered

“I can’t help but stress over it. If it really is her, that means she’s been lying to me the whole time.” Yuri grumbled in a low voice

“I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think. Jess is a good person” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“I hope you’re right” Yuri sighed

You better not have anything to do with this. I don’t know how I’d take it if it really was you.

 

 

***

“This is as far as we’ll go by car” Yuri announced as soon as they passed the gate

“Stick to the plan and be careful” Taeyeon said, exiting the car holding her gun case and disappeared into the trees

“I suppose we should go too” Yuri said.

“I’ll carry her” Amber said.

They carefully pulled Jiyeon out of the car, not wanting to wake her up too soon. Amber slung Jiyeon over her shoulder while Yuri carried her bag and scanned the surroundings.

“I think we should leave her over there” Amber suggested, referring to a patch of thick grass.

“Agreed” Yuri nodded and checked the patch before signaling Amber to go over.

They placed Jiyeon next to her bag and retreated behind a tree where they got a clear view of Jiyeon.

“Radios on” Yuri said and switched her radio on.

“My line is clear” Amber said into her radio.

“You copy Taeng?” Yuri said into the radio

“I see you~” Taeyeon happily chanted

“Dork” Yuri answered.

“How long until she wakes up?” Taeyeon asked

“You should know, you shot it” Yuri teased.

“I’m only responsible for shooting it” Taeyeon retorted. (they’re so immature XD)

“Probably in the next 5 minutes or so” Yuri said, her facial expression becoming serious again.

“I have an idea” Amber said.

“Yeah?” Taeyeon and Yuri answered.

“We should split up. I’ll go look for Victoria. That way, neither of them can get away with us tailing them.” Amber nervously said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter