Danger

Between US

Lunch was finally ready.

“I’ll go wake Dongwoonie.” Dujun said.

“I’ll go wake Yoseob oppa and Junhyung oppa.” you replied. “Call Gikwang too.” Dujun ordered and you replied him with a nod.

 

Gikwang was sitting alone in the balcony reading his comic book.

“Gikwang oppa! Lunch is ready!!” you half-shouted from the dining table.

“Asa!! Let’s eat!’ Kikwang jumped up from his chair and ran to the dining table. You walked into the living room and slowly shook Yoseob and Junhyung arms. Gikwang saw you and help you wake them instead.

“Junhyung-ie, Yoseob-ie, wake up. Lunch is ready!!!” He shouted at their ears. He could be childish sometimes, but it works like magic. They woke up and went to wash their faces before settling themselves at the dining table. Gikwang already filled his mouth with the food. Soon later Yoseob and Junhyung joined him.

 

“_________-ah, come eat with us~.” Yoseob called you.

“Oppa eat first, okay. I’ll go check on my husband. He should have woken Dongwoonie in the room.”

“Yah ________-ah. Don’t go in there. You’ll get his virus.”

“It’s okay for me to get sick, Junhyung oppa. Not you, all of you. You have millions of fans waiting out there, every day.”

“It doesn’t mean you should get sick freely too, ________-ah. Right? Dujunie will lost his mind again.” Yoseob replied and gulping on the salad.

“Okay, okay. I know oppa. It’ll only take a second.”

You winked at him and disappeared into Hyunseung’s room. You haven’t had the time to check on him since you arrive. He’s been asleep all the time anyway. When you’re about to enter, Dujun and Dongwoon was on their way out of the room.

 

“Dongwoonie!” you hugged him, your only friend and ally. The small between you and him made you felt closer to him.

Dongwoon hugged you back, slightly lifted you up and turn around in circle.

“________-ah! You’re here too? I miss you! How are you? Does Dujun hyung treat you well?” he then put you down.

Dujun elbowed Dongwoon’s arm.

“Ah, hyung. I’m only joking. Of course you treat your lovely wife well.” He chuckled and smile back at you.

You smiled and change your hug to Dujun.

“I hope I treated him well too, Dongwoonie. He is my precious husband after all.” You kissed his cheek and saw him flustered. “Dujun hyung woke me up for lunch. It’s been a while since we eat together. Let’s go eat, _________-ah.”Dongwoon boldly hold your hand in front of Dujun and gave him a wink before he dragged you along with him. You grinned at Dongwoon. You manage to hold tight Dujun’s arms with your other hand, resulting in both of you being dragged by Dongwoon, halting you from seeing sick Hyunseung.

 

 

******

 

 

“I’ve told you, I have nothing to do with that!”

A hard, rock punch landed on his face.

“Don’t you dare lie to me! You’d teamed up with that scumbag and took my money, don’t you?” an angry old man in his 50’s, wearing a dark, silver suit, sneered at him.

“No! I don’t know what you’re talking about!” as much as he want to retaliate, he couldn’t move. A huge, six feet tall man hold both of his hands tightly from behind.

“Let me go!”

Another blow landed on his face and his stomach. He slumped in pain, but the huge man forced him to stand up again. The old man in front of him grabbed his hair and pulled them up, forcing him to look straight at his enraged eyes.

“Tell me everything, Chansung-ah. Don’t hide. Spit it out while I still have my sanity.” Chansung wondered is there anyone in this world who did not feel threatened by this old man scary words.

“I swear, I know nothing! You should find him instead! Jebal, I really know nothing!”

“Tsk tsk tsk…” the old man smirked. “Let me summarize this whole thing to you, Chansung-ah.” He let him go and walked back and forth in front of Chansung. “Mark resigned as my accountant as your disastrous project, right after I fired you. Why would he resigned? He did a wonderful job as my accountant. He followed every single of my instructions obediently, without questioning anything. You know how devoted Mark was, didn’t you? Then, all of a sudden he left. He told me he got this job with better future, someplace else. Me? I have no reason to keep him after you lose the tender.”

He took a deep breath.

“Then one day, one fateful day, the board reported to me that my money was gone. My 10 million dollar was gone! Just like that.” He clicked his fingers together. “Funny, isn’t it? Don’t you find it funny, Chansung-ah?” he chuckled. “You can’t fool me, Chansung-ah. My first suspicion was on you, after I couldn’t find Mark. I have my eyes on you all along. I knew you met him a few days ago before he disappeared again. What are you both talking about, Chansung-ah? Are you splitting up the money? Did he gave you your share? Tell me. Come on, tell me, Chansung-ah. Hmm?” He gave Chansung his attentive, full of curiosity look, to the degree it was irritating.

“I didn’t know anything. I swear!” Chansung shouted at him. The old man brushed his face, evidently try to contain his frustration.

“I warned you, don’t lie to me. Don’t you dare fool me!” Conveniently he slapped Chansung across his face. It was so hard Chansung spit out blood.

“Clearly you’re a fool if you still couldn’t find him.” Chansung mocked him.

In a flash, the old man grabbed Chansung’s head and pummeled his face straight to his knee. A loud cracking sound could be heard before Chansung shrieked in agony. Blood gushed out from his red nose like a river.

“Let me ask this one last time, Chansung. Where is he? Tell me where that scumbag is! Give me back my money!!”

“Screw you, you old wretched man!! Go to hell!!”

“And to hell shall you go, then. Finish him.”

All three of that old man side kick that was standing around them all along, ganged up on Chansung. After a while, Chansung was left crumpled on the ground.

The old man bent down to Chansung. He harshly pulled Chansung’s head up hanging, and whispered to his ear,

 

“You have such a beautiful younger sister.”

 

Chansung swear he could feel this old man wicked smile plastered on his face.

 

“No. NO!!!!”

 

******

 

 

“You. Stay there.” You raised your hands up front, gesturing for Chansung to stand still where he is right now, preventing him to come any closer. He was few meters away from you.

“Why, __________-ah? I haven’t seen you for a long time. I miss you.”

“Bull. You and I both knew that wasn’t the case.” You couldn’t hide your hatred.

 

Just as you expected earlier, Chansung did appeared in front of you out of nowhere like before. After the episode of Dujun and you because of Chansung’s dirty trick, Yeo Jin unnie send you home every day. Now, you must go home accompanied by Yeo Jin unnie. It's Dujun’s order, in return to let you continue working. Today, you pleaded to Yeo Jin unnie to let you walk home, alone. You want him to approach you. You want to face him. You have to end all this with him, and send him away once and for all.

 

“What are you saying, __________-ah? I’m sincerely worried about you. I heard you fell sick.”

His words made you laughed.

“Save your worries for someone else, someone who stupid enough to believe your lies. Like I once did, but not anymore. I know what you intended to do, you . And I tell you what, it’s over. Dujun and I were closer than ever, and I have no one to thank more but you.” By ending your words with a spiteful smirked to him, you boiled his anger further. Chansung still tried to control his poker face.

“What are you talking about, __________-ah?”

“You know what I’m talking about. Stop your pathetic acting already, Chansung.”

Chansung knew he couldn’t hide it anymore. Your bold gaze says it all. It made him burst in anger. His face changed.

“So, you knew it all, huh? Must’ve think you’re so smart, eh?” he chuckled mockingly.

“I guess I am. Who else will pulled such a stupid and immature joke except you?”

“Is that so?” Chansung step closer. You step back, preparing yourself for any imminent attack from him.

“Aren’t you scared, __________-ah? I am willing, and could do, about anything that would’ve benefited me, you know? You should’ve known better.” His wicked smirk became clear to your eyes.

“Your dad…thought me well.” His cold and stern tone made you shivered.

Sure, you nearly forget the fact that Chansung once worked under your cunning dad. He taught and made Chansung did every filthy, dirty trick while he’s working under him. You should know better how immoral and vicious he could be by now.

 

Chansung walked closer to you.

 

“No. Stop right there, Chansung.” His malicious look made you nervous.

 

You recalled what Hyunseung oppa said days before.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“It’s already past lunch time. Hyunseung oppa must be hungry by now.”

“But he’s still asleep.”

“He have to eat something to recover quickly. How else could he gained his energy back? I go feed him.”

“No. You might get his fever.”

“Oppa, its fever. Not flu. Fever not that contagious.” Dujun stared straight to you but you ignored him. You continued preparing the tray you’ll bring to Hyunseung. A bowl of porridge, a glass of plain water, and his medicine.

“Besides, Junhyung oppa must be boring in there. I should go replace him for a while.”

Dujun nodded weakly.

“Oppa, when are you going to tell them?” you asked.

“After this. We should tell them together.”

“Alright, then, oppa. I’ll be quick. Why don’t you bring out the fruit along with you to them?”

“Alright. Don’t spent too much time in there. I don’t want you to get sick.”

“Arasso…” you left him with a smile.

 

Junhyung lying on Yoseob’s bed. He’s been playing with his phone and occasionally write something on his sacred book. The book where he jotted down every words and lyrics which came out on his mind at an unexpected timing. He looks relaxed and sometimes walked over to Hyunseung to check on him. Because he’s wearing his earphone, he was oblivious to your presence. You put the tray on the bedside table. You looked at Hyunseung’s pale and pinkish red face. He looks so tired. Luckily his temperature lowering down now. He’s recuperating.

Softly you shook his shoulder.

“Hyunseung oppa, wake up. It’s time to eat.” Instead of Hyunseung, Junhyung raised up from the bed.

“_________-ah.”

“Hyunseung oppa should eat. It’s almost time to take his medicine again.”

Junhyung quickly approached you and Hyunseung.

“Hyunseung-ah, wake up. Hyunseung-ah…” Junhyung try to wake him up.

Hyunseung shuddered and slowly woke up. He saw Junhyung and you beside him. He looked at Junhyung and then turned to you.

“________-ah. You’re here.” His weak voice was killing you. Tears almost fall from your eyes. Clearly he was in a lot of pain.

“Oppa, let’s eat. I’ve prepared some porridge for you. I thought you must be hungry by now.”

“I-I…I don’t feel like eating.” He coughed as he pushed his body up, trying to sit. Junhyung helped him leaned against the bed’s headboard. He placed a pillow behind his back. 

“Oppa, have just a little bit. You have to eat to recover soon. Please? I’ll help you.” You tried to feed him with a spoon of porridge to his mouth, but Hyunseung shook his head and pushed your hand away. He truly lost his appetite. After your second try failed, Junhyung took the spoon and the porridge bowl from you, copied what you did earlier towards Hyunseung.

“Eat, Hyunseung-ah.” Now Junhyung sounded more like a command, not plead. Hyunseung couldn’t avoid the death stare Junhyung gave him and conceded eventually. He ate whatever Junhyung fed to him. After a few times, Hyunseung took the spoon and finish the bowl by himself. You gave him his medicine and he swallowed them down. Junhyung then took the tray to the kitchen, leaving you with Hyunseung.

 

“Oppa, you can go back to sleep now.” You smiled to him.

“_________-ah, how are you? Are you alright?” The last time Hyunseung met you, you was lying unconscious on the kitchen floor.

“I’m fine, oppa. Everything was good. I’m worried about you now, oppa.”

“Don’t be, __________-ah. I’ll be fine. I know Junhyung and the others took good care of me. I’m thankful to have them around. But I felt sorry to them too.”

“Then you have to recover soon. Dujun oppa worried sick about you, too. Promise, oppa?”

Hyunseung nodded.

 

“__________-ah, about your ex-boyfriend…”

“Ne?”

“Your ex-boyfriend, that guy named Chansung--”

“How do you know his name, oppa?” You remembered telling them your story when you first met them at the hospital, but you didn’t remember telling them Chansung’s name.

“Dujun told me. I-I…I want you to be careful, _________-ah.”

You stared at him, puzzled.

“I don’t know if Dujun had told you, but my heart never been at ease. I have to tell you.”

Hyunseung spilled everything. Everything that he knew. Now you’re clear why Dujun changed his attitude towards you, midway through their promotion at Japan. Hyunseung’s encounter with Chansung and their conversation sent a chill in your being. You couldn’t predict what that guy will do to you and Dujun after what he already did. And what’s with Ji Hyun and his boyfriend?

 

I should slap that already.

 

“Just be careful __________-ah. I don’t like him. Stay away from them.”

“Oppa…” Hyunseung hold your hand tight. He always such a protective brother to you. His observant nature made him so sensitive as if he could sense something bad or good will happen every time.

You nodded, giving him your promise and your warmest smile.

 

Hyunseung lay comfortably on his bed.

“__________-ah, stay with Dujun for a long, long time, yea? He love you so much.” Hyunseung said before drifted to sleep.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

You looked around. There’s no one on the sidewalk at this time, especially in this cold weather. Your thick gloves stuck between your clutch’s zip, as you anxiously tried to take out your phone. He saw you flustered. Usually you’re brave enough and always ready to fight, but not today.

You have baby now.

Chansung took this chance and came closer. You glanced at Chansung repeatedly while still struggling to untangle the thread to release the zip. He walked slowly, disturbing you more with his devilish look.

 

He enjoyed watching you agitated in fear.

 

 

Run, ________-ah, Run!!