On rainy day

Between US

Early morning mist beginning to clear with you deep in slumber in his embrace. Burying your face onto his broad chest, his hand wrapped around your waist close. You shuddered, breathing in his scent. His masculine smell. Dujun slightly frowned when he felt the warm sun rays fell onto his face through the window, passing the sheer white curtain. Refusing to wake up, he hid his face on your crown, devouring himself in your scent. Using his arm which you used as a pillow, he wrapped you around your neck, hugging you closer. He is happy. Sweetly, deliciously, ridiculously happy.  

 

“I love you, ________-ah…”

 

“I love you too, Dujun-ah…” You can definitely feel a sweet smile formed on his face.

“Are you awake, ________-ah? I don’t want to be awake…” he mumbled. You snuggled closer to him, closing the already no gap between your body and him even more. “Me, too…” you gently brushed his back. “Let’s stay like this for a while longer…” He adjusted the blanket covering both of you, and closed his eyes again.

After a while, you looked up towards him. Gently, you gave him soft kisses from his jawbone towards his chin, nose, eyes and temple. You looked him straight into his puffy, morning eyes. “I love you so much, oppa.  So much. So so much…” cupping his face, you ended your kiss on his lips. You hold him tight for the longest seconds in your life. He, too, embracing you like he never want to let go.   

 

Oh God, I love him so much. So much. Let me stay with him until I die.

 

Since the first night you both spent together, there’s never been a night without each other. No matter how late he ended his schedule, you waited for him and sleep together. No more ‘yours’ and ‘mine’ bedroom. It’s ‘our’ bedroom now. You finally felt your heart filled with his love. Dujun showered you with his warm words and tender touch. Never once you thought you could fall in love like this again. It is the same for Dujun. Feeling like the world only revolves around him, he fell insanely in love with you. After all the painful and unbearable heartbreaks, you both wouldn’t want to feel it again. You will never hurt him nor him to you. It’s a promise. It’s time to cherish who you appreciate and whose make you feel appreciated. It’s time to be happy. Incredibly happy.

“I love it when you called me ‘oppa’. Call me that from now on.”

You nodded and smiled. “Oppa, we have to get up now…” you loosen your hold on him.

“Don’t want. I don’t want to~! Stay here, ________-ah~!” Dujun tighten his grip around your waist, whining like a child and working on his aegyo to you.

“Omo, why are you like this today? I have to prepare your breakfast. I have to get up now--”

“Nooooo~! You’re my teddy bear! I want to hug you forever!”

You giggled at his antics. He can be so childish sometimes, and it’s super cute.

“Jagi-ya… don’t be like this. I’ll make you favourite waffle for breakfast. Let me go now, okay?”

“Hmmph…” he sighed. “Alright, I’ll let you go…” his sulking face makes you laughed even more. You get out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. Suddenly, he lifted you up bridal style from behind.

“Not before we showered together first…” he grinned delightedly to you. 

You can’t help but blushed.

 

 

******

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo~!”

“Annyeong _______-sshi! What bring you here today?”

“It’s my day off and I haven’t come here for a while. I just want to watch them have their practices.” Smiling brightly, you greeted the vocal teacher.

“Go on then. They’re in the dance studio. See you again, _______-sshi~!” waving you good bye, she walked to her office.

You bowed and greeted all the staff you met on your way to the dance studio. Slipping stealthily into the studio, you sat on a couch at the corner at the back. Watching your husband engrossed himself into the choreography, you found him especially y. A wide smile plastered on your face. You could see their diligence in every step, practicing hard so that they can perform flawlessly. Too immersed in their vigorous dance routine, they were unaware of your presence. When the dance instructor gave them a break, you gave them a loud applause.

“_________-ah!”

Kikwang automatically ran towards you and you offered him double high five. Then you handed him a bottle of water.

“Kikwang oppa jjang! You’re dancing so well!”

“________-ah, I danced well, too!” Yoseob shrieked. He sat down on the floor, tired.

“You all danced so well I might cry. Uhuuu~!” you smiled brightly and handed them all a bottle of water. They were sweating like crazy, sprawling on the studio floor, exhausted. “You all worked so hard…” you let out a small sighed. “We always work hard for our fans, _________-ah….” Junhyung replied, still trying to stabilize his breathing.

When you reached Dujun, you swept away his sweat with a towel and gave him the cold water. He then took the towel from you and put it on his head, covering his face at the side. Suddenly he pulled you closer and gave you a peck on your lips. He then quickly retreat, leaving you blushed.

“Hyung, I still can see you from the reflection…aigoo hyung…~” Dongwoon chuckled shyly. The other members burst in laugh. You quickly hit his arms out of embarrassment. Dujun giggled at your reaction. “Let’s have some snacks before you all resume your practice.” You reached for the couch and opened a large paper bag you bring together with you just now.

“Yes!! Food!!” Hyunseung stormed towards you, towards the food, to be exact.

“_________-ah, I like you the best! Thank you...” Hyunseung ruffled your hair like a little child. “Ah, Hyunseung oppa! My hair!” you avert his hand quickly make him laughed, teasing you. 

“Wah, noona. These are not snacks. These are lunch! Brunch!!” Dongwoon gasped looking at the extensive amount of food containers you brought.

Having your bento together in a circle, they talked about a lot of things, mostly about their upcoming schedules, stage performances and individual activities. While they were busy having their conversation while eating, you had your own with Dujun.

“Oppa, how was it? Is it okay?”

“What? These? They’re delicious, ________-ah.”

“Good, then. I honestly don’t know what I should bring at first. I’m glad you like it. They seems to like it, too.”

“They like everything you cooked, __________-ah.” He smiled sweetly at you. He then feed you a slice of kimbap, among others that you brought. You ate it from his chopstick.

“________-ah, will you stay until we finished?”

“Sure, oppa. I’m free today anyway.”

“Oh I almost forgot. Do you eat my yogurt in the refrigerator?”

“Eh? Yogurt? Which one oppa?”

“The mixed berries one.”

“Hmm… I guess I am…”you grinned guiltily at him.

“Yah! That’s mine! How could you eat my favourite yogurt, _______-ah…” he looked away from you, sulking. You know he’s just teasing you. And it’s cute. You grabbed his hands and apologized. “I’m sorry, oppa. I’m sorry. I’ll buy you another one, okay?” pulling his arm closer, you tried to make him look at you.

“Tsk tsk tsk….” Junhyung smirked at both of you. That’s when you realized there’s 5 pairs of eyes fixated on both of you. Maybe Dujun’s voice grabbed their attention just now. 

“Excuse me, Dujun-sshi. I can buy you another 10 mixed berries yogurt. Would you like me to buy it for you now?” Yoseob and chuckled.

“Look at both of you, being lovey-dovey in front of us. It gave me goose bumps.” Gikwang shook his head and shuddered.

“You can eat all the yogurt you want at our dorm, _________-ah.” Hyunseung intervened.

“Yah! You all---” Dujun’s face turned red.

“Look! He’s blushing, ________-ah. He’s blushing! Hahahaha!” Junhyung rolled in laughter. You can’t help but laugh, too. You cupped your mouth, tried to control it.

“Aish, you too, ________-ah? Aish….” He looked down, trying to cover his red face and continue eating.

 

 

---------------

 

 

“Dujun.” Hyunseung tapped Dujun’s shoulder. When he turned around, Hyunseung then pouted his lips towards you. They have five minutes break from the dance practice.

You fell asleep at the couch. Being a heavy sleepers, you could easily fell asleep even the studio’s music were loud. Clasping both your arms across your chest, you fell asleep in sitting position. Dujun shook his head. It was late. Promise to wait for him until his practice end, you refused to go back home when he said their practice will take a while longer and asked you to go home first.

“Jun, do you use your studio tonight?”

“I don’t. Wae?”

Dujun shoved his head towards you, signalling he wanted to put sleepy you in the recording studio.

“Oh. Wait. I’ll ask Taejoo. We don’t have any composing plan tonight, I supposed. I’ll call him.”

Having the green light from Taejoo and Junhyung, Dujun carried you bridal style carefully to the recording studio. It is much quieter there. He put you down on the couch. After he was sure you’ll be comfortable enough, he kissed you on the forehead before he leaved.

“Dujun, it’s okay if you want to leave first. _______-ah tired waiting for you.”

“It’s ok, Gikwang-ah. Let’s continue. She’s okay. Besides, she’ll kill me if she knows I go back early because of her.”

“Are you sure? Dujun, you should pity your wife a bit.”

“I always do. But my wife is one tough girl, remember? Overly sympathize her will only makes her feel bad. I don’t want that.”

“Exactly _______-ah style.” Hyunseung nodded.

“Not like Ji Hyun noona…” Dongwoon whispered to himself but because the studio suddenly fell quiet, everyone heard what he said. Dujun just looked at him, deep down inside he’s approving what the maknae had said.

“Dujun-ah, have you told __________-ah about your interview? About what the company plan with you and Ji Hyun?” Gikwang broke the silence.

“Not yet…” he brushed his hair. His heart heavy.

“Talk to her slowly. She’ll understand.” Junhyung patted his shoulder, reassuring.

 

They resumed back to their practices, and only finished around 1 am. After tidying up the studio, they bid good bye. Other members headed back to their dorm. Dujun went to the recording studio to wake you. Slowly he entered the room. You’re still sleeping soundly. He watched your face closely. Brushing his fingers softly on your face, he smiled.

“Baby…wake up. Let’s go home…” he whispered.

You gave no signs of waking up. He shook your hands and brushed your hair.

“Wake up, my baby…” he kissed your cheek.

“If you’re not waking up, I--”

“You what?” you answered him with your eyes closed.

“I’ll have you here. There’s no one around, anyway.” His intoxicating kiss consumed you in split second. You opened your eyes and broke the kiss when you sensed he’s not joking with his words.

“L-Let’s go home now, oppa.” Quickly you pushed his body which half of it already on top of you, and you stood up. Your face became red and you nervously looked around, afraid anyone will saw the scene.  

“Haha! You scared, right? That I’ll do it here?” He clutched his stomach and laugh.

“Aish. Oppa!”

“Hahaha! I got you!” He pinched your red cheek. You hit his chest in return and he wailed in pain. Then he laugh again.

“Let’s go home, oppa. I’m super sleepy. Huumwwpp~” You let out a big yawn.

“Owh my, my poor baby…. Arasso, arasso. Let’s go home. I’m tired too…”

You walked out together, hand in hand.

 

 

******

 

 

“Serve these drinks to table 5, ________-ah.”

“Alright, unnie.”

Walking to the table reluctantly, you served the drinks as per requested. A couple sat side by side doing an interview for a magazine. A reporter and her VJ sat together with them.

“So tell me, Ji Hyun-sshi, Dujun-sshi. What exactly the relationship between you two now?”

“We’re friends. Good friends.” She smile brightly.

“Dujun-sshi? How about you?”

“Like what she said, we’re good friends.”

“Hmm..too bad. You guys were such a sweet couple, an in-couple until 5 months ago. Your fans even approved your relationship. For about…two and a half years if I’m not mistaken. What actually happen? Can you both share with us?”

She chuckled shyly. He just smiled.

“I’ll blame the schedules. We rarely have time for each other. We grew apart eventually. As the time goes, being a close friend suited us more. Don’t you think that’s the case, Dujun-sshi?”

“I concur. We’re better as friends rather than as a lover. I’m especially felt sorry to the fans. I hope for their understanding.”

“Woahh… I never seen any idol couple split amicably and still maintain their good friendship. You should be an example for other idols, Dujun-sshi, Ji Hyun-sshi.”

“Well, idols not supposed to date, anyway! Haha!” she laughed at the reporter’s word.

“I think so too!! Anyway, thank you, Junho-sshi. Again, I’m sincerely apologize to our fans who supported us. I hope by maintaining my good relationship with Ji Hyun-sshi, you all will forgive me. Forgive us.” He ended his word with a smile.

“Alright. I think I got all that I need. This interview will appear exclusively in our magazine. Thank you for spending your time with us, Dujun-sshi, Ji Hyun-sshi. Till we meet again, then.”

“I hope not so soon, Junho-sshi. I hate scandals and I know it’s your expertise!” Dujun shook his head and grinned at him.

“You know me well enough, eh? Haha! Well then, good bye~!”

Junho’s team packed up and bid them good bye. After they leave, Dujun stood up and said to her, “You. Come with me.”

“Sure.” She followed him outside. Oblivious to her death stare towards you before she leave the café, you kept yourself busy, trying your best to act natural.

 

 

---------------

 

 

“What are you trying to do?”

“What? What am I trying to do?”

“we’re good friends now? Oh come on!!”

“I’m just trying to clear out our names, Dujun. Nothing more. I have my fair share of bad scandals and press report. I have my own carrier, too. And so do you. We could both clear our names from this point forward. Can you thank me instead?”

He acknowledged the rational in her excuse. This is the best way to cover up all the bad breakup reports and gave a better image about them. He lowered his gaze and brushed his face.

“I probably will. But why changed the location at the very last minute? We’re supposed to meet at Hongdae.” She chuckled at his words. “Why not? That café were exactly halfway between Cube and my agency. It’s nearer. What’s wrong with that?” she’s working on his acting. The truth is, she purposedly choose your cafe for you to see the whole interview. 

“Huh. Never mind.” He sighed.

She can never remembered ________-ah face from the clinic, couldn’t she? I saw her just now. She must be upset.

He sighed.

“I have to go now. Anything else, Dujun?”

“No.”

“Good. So don’t try to avoid me after this. Ani, you can’t. We’re good friends, right?” she smirked in victory.

 

Damn you, Ji Hyun.

 

 

---------------

 

 

“Unnie, I’ll go home first, okay?”

“Okay, __________-ie. Have a safe walk home!”

“Thank you unnie! See you tomorrow! Bye bye~!”

 

Your smile disappeared as soon as you stepped outside the cafe.

It was raining cats and dogs since an hour ago. You looked up to the dark sky. You walked mindlessly along the pavement. Your feet felt heavy with every step. The weather can’t compare with what you feel right now. Mixed emotions creates a hurricane in your heart after what you saw earlier.

 

“We’re friends. Good friends.” She smile brightly.

“Dujun-sshi? How about you?”

“Like what she said, we’re good friends.”

 

“Yes. Friends. They’re just friends now.  But…why I’m feeling like this? What’s wrong with me? My heart hurts. Ottoke… What should I do….” whining alone, your tears become one with the rain.

A girl’s heart will always be a girl’s heart no matter how much you trained yourself to be strong. It felt like thousands of needles piercing through your entire body, seeing the whole scene. You tried to control yourself and act natural for almost an hour until the interview ends.

 

“________-ah!”

A familiar voice woke you up from your thoughts.

“Chansung…” you saw him ran closer to you, put you under his umbrella instantly. “________-ah, you’re all wet! Gosh!” you felt him sincerely worried.

“Ch-Chansung. Why are you here?” lost in your own anguish, you forgot the man standing in front of you were the last person you ever wanted to see. 

“Ah...I’m on my way back to my new office after met up with some friends. Why are you walking in this heavy rain? You could get sick!” He brushed your wet fringe that fell over your eyes to the side. Sweeping away any raindrops from your face, you could feel his warm hands on your cheek.

“Oh, no…no. I’m not sick. I’m just walking back home. I mean, I forgot to bring my umbrella today.” you stuttered and your words jumbling up. You grasp in the damped air slowly to bring yourself back to reality. Chansung’s eyes trailed on your distracted face.

“What’s wrong, ________?”

“No-nothing, Chansung. Don’t mind me.”

“Come. I’ll send you home.”

“No need, Chansung. I—I don’t want to--”

“Okay, OKAY. I get it. At least, let me get you an umbrella first. There’s a convenient store over there. Let’s go, _________-ah.” Spontaneously he grabbed your hand and pulled you closer under his umbrella. He hold your shoulder protectively with one arm and walked together to the store.

 

 

You arrived home with no signs of Dujun inside. Sure, he’s in his promotional period now. You already expected him to be home late at night. It’s only 6 pm now. You sighed. Preparing the warm bath, you stared at your reflection on the mirror. Your nose started to become red. You saw your body shivering but you felt hot inside.

Must be from the rain.

Relaxing your body in the warm bath, your thoughts coming back to the interview session. You shook your head again and again before you could finally empty your mind. You massaged your stiff neck and shoulders repeatedly. It felt warm. After finishing your bath, you dried your body and hair. You wore your night pyjamas. It is still early but you’re in no mood to have dinner or do anything else. Heading straight to your bed, you fell asleep in no time.

 

Dujun came home around 2am. Too tired to change his clothes, he lay down at his side of the bed slowly. You’re already deep asleep, lying on your side, facing the bedside table. Shoving his body closer to you, he pulled you into his arms, hugging you from behind. Be caressed your hand softly.

 

“I’m sorry, ________-ah. I’m sorry…”

 

But why were you with Chansung this evening?