I do care

Between US

“Yah? What are you doing?”

“Aish… Go away, !”

? I’ll show you who this is exactly.

“Let go of him.” Your voice stern as you move closer to them.

“You’re really looking for trouble, huh?”

“I don’t. Leave if you don’t want to find one.” You stared at him.

“Pfft… you are really looking for trouble, .” He let go of his grip at Junhyung collar. He turned towards you arrogantly. He stared at you from head to toe. You stood firm to your ground. His another two friends also surrounded you.

“Go. Before I called the police.” You took out your phone and start dialling. He grabbed your hands to stop you. Before he could do anything further, you throw your phone and grab his hand instead. You pulled him slightly forward and twist his body around, locking his hand which is in your firm grip at his back. You tripped his leg hard, making him fall forward and kneeled with one knee with his back facing you. You locked your other arm around his and locked your hand at the back of his neck. Your black belt in karate should be put in good use tonight.

“You found your trouble, boy.” You hissed angrily at him.

“Argh! Let go of me!”

“Oppa, call the police. They should be teach some lesson tonight.”

“O-okay.” Junhyung called the police with his phone.

Another boy tried to attack you. He tried to punch your face, but you manage to pulled the boy in your hands to stood up and use his body as your shield. He received a punch from his friend straight on his face. You loosen your grip and pushed the boy with all you might straight towards his friend. They bumped their head together and fell on the sidewalk facing each other, cringing in pain. The last boy standing suddenly kicked and tripped your leg and you fall down on your side. You get up in no time and felt a hard blow on your face. Your world spins for a while. Before he could strike another punch at you, you kicked his lower body at his sensitive part, making him crouch down in pain. As quick as lightning, you gave him another slap kick at his back, making him dive onto the tarmac.

“Prrriitt! Stop!” a long whistle blow from the patrol police caught the boys and your attention. They quickly ran in panic, leaving you and Junhyung at the dark alley.

“Miss, what happen?” one of the patrol police asked you.

“My friend has been attack by those boys. I believe they’re a high school student.”

“Aish! Students these days! So unbelievable! Are you alright, Miss, Sir? Do you hurt yourself? I can call the ambulance for you.”

“I’m alright, officer. Thank you. Are you alright, oppa? Do you hurt anywhere? Damn those kids. I should really teach them a good lesson when I had a chance.” You clenched your fist tight.

“I-I’m alright, _______-ah.” His voice still trembled in shock.

“Alright the. Do you want to log a police report? Do they took anything from both of you?”

You looked at Junhyung.

“No, sir. They didn’t. Lucky me, _______-ah came when they’re about to took my wallet. I think we’re fine now. Thank you again, sir.”

“Well then. You better get going. It is dangerous if you walked alone at dark alley or corner like this. I’ll take my leave. Good night.” Both of the officer leave Junhyung and you. 

“Gwenchanhayo, ________-ah? Are you alright? Do they hurt you somewhere? Why are you here anyways?” Worried Junhyung turns towards you, checking from head to toe.

“I’m alright, oppa. I’m just finished my work. Another evening shift today. By the way, what are you doing here late at night? And alone??” you scoffed at him, your hands at your waist. Angry.

“We’re hanging out at your house today. I’m just going out to the convenient store to buy some snacks. The others were busy playing Wii at the dorm. It will only took a minute or two anyway, so it should be no problem since it’s already late at night. But then I bumped onto those kids. They were so scary, _______-ah. They start to ask for money.” He wrapped his hand around his body, rubbing his arms and shoulder ups and down. The scene where the student grabbed his collar just now makes he grew goose bumps.

“Yah, that’s why you have to be accompanied when you go out, especially at night! Babo!” you slap his head in reflex. It is too dangerous for a famous idol like them to walk out freely without any companion, may it be their manager or personal security guard. Things can get very chaotic if they bump onto some crazy and obsessed fans, who can’t separate an idol’s life with their personal life. They were only human. Idols were human, too. Human needs their own space in order to live comfortably.

You’d known better because you’ve married an idol. Yoon Dujun.

“Aish, ah pa!” Junhyung brushed his head where you hit him.

“Served you right, oppa.” You showed him your tongue.

“Okay, okay. I surrender. It is my fault to take this thing lightly.” His voice full of regret.

“Oppa, let’s go home. Are you guys sleeps over at our house tonight?” referring to Dujun and your apartment.

“I guess so. We don’t have any schedule tomorrow.”

“Good. I’ll cook my best dish. It’s been a long time since I cook for a group of people. Usually there’s only us two in the house.” You smiled in excitement.

When you about to turn your body, your right leg gave out and you fell.

“_______-ah? Are you hurt?!” Junhyung voice were really worried.

“I think I sprained my ankle, oppa. Must be when the boy tripped me just now.” You sat down properly and took off your shoes. Your ankle already red and swollen. “Aigo, it already swollen. Na otteokhae (what should I do)? Aigo, my ankle. Not beautiful anymore…” you make your sad comic expression. You try to massage your ankle but you exclaimed in pain instead. “Aigoo…huhu.”

“Yah!!! Are you crazy? How can you play around in time like this?!” Junhyung kneeled down beside you. Seeing your playfulness when you’re in pain makes him mad. Mad for himself to caused you all this. He felt so useless. “Come, I’ll carry you to the clinic. Hop on my back. Hurry!”

“Oppa, no need to go to the clinic. It is just a sprain. I can put some balm and bandage it myself at home--”

“Don’t be stubborn! Hurry!” He lowered his back in front of you. You had no choice, because you know it will get worse if you keep walking. Junhyung starts walking towards the nearest clinic.

“Oppa, please? Can we just go back home? I- I--”

“You have to treat your ankle properly, ______-ah. I feel bad because I caused all this to you. I am very sorry _______-ah…” he apologized. You can tell he felt really guilty from his voice.

“No, oppa. It is not your fault. Please, oppa. I don’t want to go to the clinic. I’m… scared… of the… injection… needle…” you confessed your phobia. It became worse since your abortion procedure. You never want to get treatment at the clinic or hospital anymore. You hide your face behind his back.

“Jin jjah?! Really, _______-ah? Ahahahahaha!!” Junhyung burst out in laughter. A tough girl that can beat 3 high school student, yet afraid of an injection needle.

“Oppa! Don’t laught at me. Aish!” you shook his shoulder, asking him to stop his laugh. “Okay, okay, arasso. I’ll take you straight home, _______-ah.”

 

--------

 

When both of you reached home, Hyunseung were the first to notice your condition.

“________-ah. What happen??” Hyunseung’s worried voice attract Dujun’s attention. He ran towards you who still on Junhyung’s back.

“What happen here, Jun?! Why are you with _______? Why are you carrying her??”

“________-ah --- sprained her ankle, Dujun. Let--let me take her upstairs first.” His voice trembled because he’s afraid of Dujun stern voice and killer glare. Junhyung carried you up until your bedroom and put you down at the edge of your bed. Dujun and the other members followed closely. Dujun help you took off your coat and carefully loosen your shoes. When his eyes saw your swollen ankle, he gritted his teeth and scowled, as if he knows how painful it is just by looking at it.

“Is it that bad?” you asked.

He did not reply.

“Junhyung, take some pain killer inside my bathroom drawer. Get some water, too. Hyunseung, help me get some ice pack from the freezer. Dongwoonie, can you help me find the first aid kit in the TV’s cabinet? First drawer on the top left.” Dujun commanded. They nodded and go to fulfil their task. “Gikwang, could you prepare some water? I need to wash ________ feet first.” He continued his command while caressing your swollen feet. He then took off your other shoes and stood up to get some clean towel from your bathroom cupboard. Yoseob sat beside you. He rubbed your shoulder softly. Try to calm you from the stinging pain. “I’m okay, oppa. It is not that serious. It’s nothing, oppa.” you looked down and double check your ankle condition.

“It’s swollen like an apple. How can it be nothing?!” Dujun slow yet stern voice surprised you. He just came back to you with a clean towel and Gikwang followed behind him with a container filled with water. Slowly all the members came back with the all things that Dujun been asking earlier.

“Here, take these pills. You will feel better.” Dujun handed you the pain killers from Junhyung. You took it as ordered. He then soaked your feet inside the container. “Thank you, guys. Now, if you can leave us alone…” he asked while he carefully brushed your foot in the water container. All the members leave your bedroom but Junhyung.

“I am sorry, Dujun. If it wasn’t because of me --”

“Later, Junhyung. Later.” He replied. Cold.

You looked up at Junhyung. He returned your gaze. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of him – you mouthed at Junhyung. He then leave with a heavy sigh.

Dujun dried your feet with the clean towel. He then help you to move and rest your back against the bed’s headboard, with both your feet on the bed. He sat in front of your feet. He then put the icepack on your swollen ankle. You didn’t speak a word. He knows what he should do as he is an athlete himself. Honestly, you can feel any pain from your ankle, because he was there. Treating you with his soft and gentle touch. Your eyes never waver from him and your heart… too occupied with his warmth.

“What happen, ________-sshi?” he finally asked.

“I-I’m walking back from work. Then I saw someone been cornered at the dark alley. I guess he’s in trouble. Turns out it was Junhyung. Those delinquents had his collar and asked for money. So I tried to help him. I told the students to go away.  But they won’t.” you told him the incident confidently. “Then he called mw . I was so angry at that boy. I tried to call the police, but he tried to grab my phone away. I twist and locked his arms. Then I tripped him. Then his other two friends tried to attack me. The first one tried to punch me but I dodge his punch and his friend punched him instead. And then the third boy did punched me. But after that I kicked his friend down there and slap kick --”

“Are you crazy??!! Fighting three high school students by your own??!! Are you out of your mind? You could get hurt. Much worse than this!!!”

He screamed at you. You bed his voice can be heard downstairs.

You froze at his loud voice. He was really, really angry – and worried. Your heart felt something different. Is that concern I heard in his voice? My heart…pounding so fast. It hurts. 

“And where is Junhyung at that time? Did he just watched you got beaten??”

“I’m – I’m not got beaten. One punch is all I had. They were beaten by me…”

His killer stare struck straight through your eyes.

Why are you not calling me? I could’ve come. I should get the punch instead of you. I let Junhyung go by his own. I am the reason all of this happen.

But he couldn’t spill the words.

Silent.

“Junhyung were too shocked himself, Dujun-sshi. He was alone. The boys quiet scary themselves. He didn’t know this will happen. No one knows…”

You tried to reason with him.

I should not let Junhyung go by himself. I should protect you. I’m sorry ________-ah….

He let out a heavy sigh. He constantly pressing the ice pack around your swollen ankle, massaging your ankle wherever suitable to ease out the swell. When he satisfied with the progress, he took out a bandage from the first aid kit and wrap your ankle carefully.

“Your swell is a bit better now. Do you want to take a bath or go straight to bed?”

“I- I want to take a bath. My body felt sticky and dirty…” you lowered your gaze when he looked straight into your eyes.

“I’ll prepare the bath. I can help you wash if you want.” No hesitation in his tone.

“I-I can manage myself, Dujun-sshi.” Why are you stuttering?

He stared at you. Deep. It make you feel uneasy. But not in a bad way.

“Alright. Just don’t wet the bandage. I’ll set the water heater first.”

You just nodded at him. He walked to your bathroom. After a while, he walked out. “The warm water is ready. Go take your shower.” His face still serious. “Thank you, Dujun-sshi.” You thanked him with a smile. “Call me when you’re finished. I need to check your ankle again.”

 

You had your bath with much difficulty. Pulling off your pants through your swollen ankle was the hardest. Your tears fell at the excruciating pain.

 

[Meanwhile in the living room]

 

“Are you crazy??!! Fighting three high school students by your own??!! Are you out of your mind? You could get hurt. Much worse than this!!!”

They heard Dujun’s scream. All eyes directed to Junhyung. Junhyung had told them the whole incident. Dujun’s squeal from upstairs makes the situation creepier.

Dujun coming down from upstairs. All eyes on him.

“H-How is she?” Junhyung broke the silent.

Please let him be calm. Junhyung thought going back to the day when he brawled with Dujun makes him shivered. He can still recall the pain on his nose.

“She sprained her ankle quiet bad. I’ll took her to the doctors tomorrow if it’s not getting better. She’s taking her bath now.” Dujun sat on the couch with them. “Why are you not taking her straight to the clinic, Jun?” he frowned at Junhyung.

“She pleaded me not to take her there. She wanted to go straight home. She said something about being afraid of…injection needles.” Junhyung straight innocent face makes Dujun chuckled. “I’m sorry Junhyung. I should go along with you to the store. I didn’t expect things like this will happen. I should think more about our safety. I guess I let my guard down lately. I’m sorry…” He brushed his forehead. Worried about her and at the same time felt guilty for what happen to Junhyung tonight.

“Dujun, it is not your fault. I felt guilty for what happen to her, too. I felt so useless.” Junhyung patted Dujun’s shoulder. He then cupped his face with his palms. “I wish I could do better.”

“Guys, stop the guilt game. If you want to feel sorry, we felt sorry too. We all know Junhyung want to go to the store alone but none of us wanted to follow him. Then the incident happen and ________-ah got hurt. None of us expect this. We are all affected by this. We have to be more careful from now on.” Yoseob straighten things up. They all nodded, agreed with Yoseob.

“Honestly, even I surprised by her bravery and ability. Who knows she can took 3 guy at the same time? She came just right in time. She’s like a ninja, like my guardian angel.” Junhyung still in awe of what he saw just now.

“I can’t believe it either, Jun. That girl…” he shook his head.

Why are you so brave, ________-sshi? It is too dangerous. Anything could happen to you. Or… do you think that since no one care about you, you can do anything that you want? Getting into trouble carelessly. Do you think no one concerned about you?

Me? I’m worried sick about you.

Why?

I don’t know. I think I’m going crazy.

Deep down inside, Dujun totally regret his decision – about all this housemate thing.

 

“So, do you guys want to stay tonight?” Gikwang asked.

“I do. I want to make her breakfast tomorrow!” Hyunseung squealed.

“Me too! Me too! Hyung, I want to cook for my ninja noona tomorrow! I’ll stay, hyung.” Dongwoon raised his arms up in the air. And then everyone else nodded.

“Alright, then. You know where you can sleep. I’ll go check on her.” Dujun patted Junhyung shoulder and stood up. He took some ice and refill the icepack in his hands before going upstairs again.

 

-----

 

Coming out from the bathroom, you saw your night pyjamas-gown already on the bed. Along with a set of your underwear. You can’t help but feel blushed. Dujun had prepared everything to minimize your movements. Just as you finished dressing up, you heard a knock on the door.

“Come in…”

He opened the door. He smiled at you. You already sat on your side of the bed. The whole bed is actually yours, of course. “Let me check your ankle again.”

You sat just like before. You let him cradled your injured foot and opened the bandage. He put the icepack on your swollen ankle. “Stay.” He then stood up and went out. A moment later, he came with a couple of extra pillows.

After a while, he bandaged your foot again. “Do you want to lie down now?” You nodded. When you settled down, he put a pillow underneath your injured foot. “Raising up you foot will make you feel better.” You just nodded. “Is this okay? Do you feel comfortable? Do I need to put another pillow?” he asked cautiously.

“I think it's fine already. I’m comfortable, Dujun-sshi.” you smiled at him.

He tucked you in properly under the blanket. Suddenly, after remembering something,  he moved closer to your face. He checked every inch of your face. It begin to show some bluish patch around your right temple. When he touched the area, you moaned in pain. He quickly open the first aid kit again and applied some soothing balm onto the area. “This will be just fine tomorrow. I promise.”

He kissed your forehead. You felt your heart burst.

 

He turned around, about to leave your room.

 

“Dujun-sshi…”

He turned around again, and looked at you. “Do you need anything else?”

 

“Can you stay here with me tonight?”

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please stay with me tonight.....

 

BEAST comeback tomorrow. I am left without words.....all those emotions seems to strike my heart at the same time. Again.

They give me hope. They've showed that hard work pays. Never give up and keep moving forward.

Proud to be B2UTY.

Thank you & thank you again my dear readers!!~~

XOXORISE_hugs&kisses~