Appa?

Between US

 

“Yeo Jin unnie, why you are here?”

Serving her a cup of mint tea, you sat across from her at the table.

“Are you okay, _________-ah? Are you feeling better?”

“I feel better now, unnie. Sorry I have to call in sick for several days…” seeking for apology through her eyes, she gave you a warm smile.

“It’s okay, _________-ah. What important is your health. You can’t work while you sick, anyway. Moreover, Dujun was so worried about you from yesterday.” She sipped her tea while you chocked with yours. Your gaze deepen towards her.

“Yeo Jin unnie, you knew Dujun?”

“Who doesn’t? Leader of famous Hanguk idol group Beast!” she chuckled and making a ‘V’ sign with her fingers, imitating Beast’s Good Luck icon dance.

“Unnie, you know I didn’t mean it like that…” you said.

“I know, __________-ah. Just teasing you.” She ruffled your bangs.

“Aigoo, my sister-in-law was so tense. When you becoming like this? You always so cheerful and bubbly at the café. Tsk tsk tsk…” she grinned at you, who raised your eyebrows in total shock. Capturing your face expression, she continued, “We’re not blood related, ________-ah, but our family was very close. I treated him as my younger brother since I have none. He was so close with me like I am his sister, too.”

“So unnie, you knew about me all along?”

Choi Yeo Jin nodded.

“Wah! I can’t believe it, unnie. Why are you not telling me?”

“I don’t want to and he felt the same too. I don’t want any awkward relationship with you, since we work together.”

“Unnie, you could at least let me know. I thought of you as my own sister.” Your voice cracked.

“I know. I’m sorry, __________-ah. You’ve suffered so much, strong girl.” She hold your hands in comfort.

“Dujun asked me to look after you while he’s away.” She then looked straight to you.

“But the main reason I am so eager to come here was to ask you some important question, __________-ah. I need to hear it from you.”

She took a deep breath.

“Who’s that guy who kept pestering you at the café? That customer guy. Do you have any idea who he is? ________-ah, do you still meet Chansung?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘__________ smiled brightly. Such a beautiful girl.’ ---- Unknown number.

‘Your wife working hard, doesn’t she?’ Sender: unknown.

‘Does she had someone before you? Wah. They look happy together. ^^’

‘It’s raining heavily. I wonder will they get wet together.’

‘Wondering what your wife do at the park after work?’ – Text received. Again, unknown number.

His curiosity piled up. Dujun lost to his eager will to know more. When went to the café to pick you up, he saw you with Chansung under the heavy rain.

The first encounter ignited his doubt to you as he was swayed by the messages and pictures from the mysterious number.  Those unwanted thoughts start to messing up his head.

 

Another day, he received another text and pictures again from the same anonymous number.

‘Secret meeting. Syyhhh~’ --- a picture of you with Chansung sat together at the park with your hands in Chansung’s hold appeared on his phone. The picture and the caption provoked him enough.

 

Several days later, his phone beeping again.

‘I guess old flame does comes back… ottoke…^^’ ---- another picture message showing Chansung caressing your cheek.

 

‘Wife should go straight home after work, shouldn’t she?’ ---- Unknown number.

 

Dujun became green with jealousy. His curiosity and suspicions being shoot through the roof and he couldn’t think straight anymore.

 

The day came when they flew out to Japan for another promotions. While preparing for their next stage performance, Dujun sat alone on the couch in their waiting room, scrolling down his phone with serious expression. Pictures of you and Chansung shown one after another on the screen.  Junhyung walked closer to him stealthily. He poked his head to Dujun’s phone screen, tried to catch a glimpse of what stole Dujun’s attention so much he zoned out from the surrounding. Junhyung action made Dujun jolted in surprise but he couldn’t hide the pictures from Junhyung’s eyes. Junhyung gawked when he saw the pictures. Automatically he snatched the phone from Dujun.  

“Junhyung! Give me back my phone!” Dujun hissed at him.

“__________-ah. What is she doing with him?” he asked but Dujun didn’t answered. Junhyung sat beside him.

“Who is he? Do you know him?”

“I do. She’s with him before I came into her life.”

“You mean, the bastard who left her?”

Dujun nodded.

“Then what was he doing with _________-ah? Weren’t they already over?”

“I’m kept asking the same question, Junhyung-ah.” he leaned forward, lowered his head and cupped his face. Junhyung patted Dujun’s back.

“This is the reason you slept at the dorm? The reason why you ignored her?”

Dujun nodded. He moved and slouching his back against the couch.

Junhyung never said a word. Now he knew why Dujun do what he did.

 

Hyunseung walked closer to where Dujun and Junhyung, while the other three busy fixing their make-up and attire. Their puzzled expressions caught his attention.

“Junhyung, what’s wrong? Dujun, are you sick?”

Junhyung shook his head. Without getting Dujun’s permission, he handed the phone to Hyunseung. Then he looked back to Dujun.

“Why you didn’t tell us, Dujun? You could tell me, at least. Are we not that reliable to you?”

“No. It’s not like that, Junhyung-ah…” Dujun sighed. “Honestly, I didn’t know what to do, Junhyung-ah. I couldn’t burden all of you with my problems again, after what happen between me and Ji Hyun. You all been keeping up with me during those time even though it was hard for all of you. I couldn’t, Jun. How could I? I think I could handle this myself, but look at what I’ve done to her? Ahh…jjinja. I lost myself.” he sighed again in frustration and regret. The sight of you unconscious on the kitchen floor makes him shivered.

 

Hyunseung stood unmoving in front of both of them. Only his fingers kept sliding on the phone’s touch screen, with his eyes fixated on those pictures.

“Dujun-ah…” Junhyung gulped. He could feel his dearest leader pain and burden. His responsibility and conscience was not like any other people he knew.

“Dujun, who is this guy, huh?”

“The guy who left _________-ah.” Junhyung answered him instead of Dujun.

“Really?? This guy…” Hyunseung stared back to the phone. He then looked at Dujun. “Is it true, Doo??” Hyunseung shocked voice and surprised look made Dujun and Junhyung stared up towards him in unison.

“Wae, Hyunseung? Do you know him?” Dujun asked.

“Who sent these to you?” Hyunseung asked again. The most important question Junhyung didn’t asked Dujun earlier. Dujun looked at both of them.

“I don’t know. It showed unknown number.”

Hyunseung checked the phone’s record and sighed.

“Why, Hyunseung? Is something wrong? Do you know him too? Tell me!” Dujun sneered at him, impatience.

 

“Ani, Dujun. I didn’t know…but I think I saw him before.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Look at all these pictures. Don’t you think it’s been captured in secret?”

You examined the pictures on Yeo Jin’s phone. Clearly someone took them from afar.

“Dujun came to see me weeks ago. He showed me these and asked me about it. That’s when I knew what exactly the problem is. I could say feel it coming. I could see it from your face. You looked troubled and easily zoned out lately, ___________-ah.”

“I-I guess I am, unnie. I’m sorry. How can my heart be at peace when Dujun not coming home and I couldn’t reach him?” brushing your forehead, you sighed.

“Now we knew why he’s acting like a jerk.” Yeo Jin chuckled but you just smiled.

“Now, who took these pictures exactly?” she said.

 

You raised your shoulders. You scrolled again, inspecting each of the pictures thoroughly. Your eyes caught at one picture where Chansung smirked and looked straight to the camera when you’re not looking at him.

“I know now, unnie. He must be planning all these. It must be him.”

 

I’m so wanna kill you right now, Chansung.

 

******

 

 

“________-ah!!! I’m home!!”

No answers.

Yoon Dujun went inside. He’s so excited to be home, to be back to you after long weeks at Japan. Putting his shoes off, he noticed a small white box tied with red ribbon and floating red balloon, placed between a pair of his and your shoes at the front hallway. He picked up the box.

“What is this?” he examined the box closely. He wanted to open the box but after struggling with the balloon and the curled ribbon, he left the box on the coffee table. When he passed the kitchen lounge, his eyes captured a big calendar on the refrigerator’s door with same coloured ribbon at the corner of it. Each days’ have its own boxes and there were several days marked with red ‘X’ at the beginning, but no red mark for several weeks until today’s date. He looked at the calendar but paid no thorough attention to it. Dujun thought it was your personal day by day mark or something.

 

“________-ah? Jagiya! Where art thou?” he shouted again. Pulling his big luggage, he head upstairs. He hurriedly went into the bedroom, hoping to find you there. Instead, he saw a red envelope at the centre of the bed. He ignored it. He need to see you first.

“_________-ah. Are you in the bathroom?” his voice startled you. You smiled and kept quiet on purpose. Leaning your back against the bathtub’s end, you pretended to be asleep.  

“_________-ah….” Dujun entered the bathroom and found you. He smiled and slowly approaching. He saw you leaned inside the warm bath with your eyes closed, but he’s not intended to leave you undisturbed. Kneeling beside the bathtub, he hold your face gently with one palm and reached for your lip. He could tell you broke into a smile. Dujun cupped your cheek, leaned further closer to you, deepening his kiss. You knotted your fingers with his hair, clutching his shoulders, straighten your body forward to him to provide a better posture before submitting to his kiss. You kissed him back deeper, devouring his taste after a long time. Dujun kiss trailing all over your face – to both your cheeks, eyes, your temple, your forehead, your nose, your chin and your jawline before returning back to your pale-pink lips.

 

“I’m home, ____________-ah.”

You nodded in a wide smile.

“I love you, _________, my wife. Forever.”

He kissed you deep while cupping your neck and cheek. He broke his kiss only when you both gasping for air. He rested his forehead against yours and closed his eyes. You did the same. How you wish time would stop at this moment.

 

“I love you more, Dujun. I love you most, my husband.”

 

Loosening his hands from you, you hold them in yours and kissed his palm repeatedly on both sides. You cupped his cheeks and imitate his trail kisses on you earlier. His warm cheeks, his perfectly shaped eyes, his dark eyebrows, his temple, his forehead, his pointed nose and his sharp jawline -- there’s no place on his face you didn’t kiss. It ended at the crook of his neck with you pulling him into your embrace. He hold you tight, too, releasing the heavy longing you both been holding inside.

“I miss you so much. I love you, ___________-ah.” He mumbled at your neck and brushed your wet hair softly.

“Me too, oppa. Me too…”

Time flies too quick and you didn’t know how long you’ve been hugging him in the bathroom. Dujun ended up having his bath together with you. You brushed each other’s body. You washed his hair gently. He washed your long tresses with his fingers. He told you about his promotion and comeback activities at Japan. He ate too much sushi one day he had diarrhea. They practiced until late at night, they slept in the practice studio. He told you how he catches up with his sleep while he had his hair styled up and having his make-up fixed. They travel around Japan to several main districts and met a lot of JB2utys. They had a lot of good time with their fans during the hi-touch event. He had a really good time there but he miss you much at home.

 

After dressing up after bath, you dried your hair at the dressing table. Dujun sat beside you and begin his skin care regime.

“Oppa, aren’t you gonna ask me anything?” you asked. You glanced at the red envelope you put on the bed. Dujun haven’t touch it yet.

“About what?” Dujun busy applying his toner beside you in front of the mirror. Well, idol must keep their skin healthy and flawless for the camera, obviously. He have double the range of skin care products that you had.

“Ani. Aren’t you curious about something different around the house?”

“What? What is different? You didn’t rearranged our bedroom, right?” He turned and looked around then turned back to the mirror when he confirmed nothing different.

“Aish, oppa….” You hissed at him and tackled his elbow with yours. You stood and picked up the red envelope. You gave him the envelope without a word, gaining his puzzled look.

“I go prepare our dinner, oppa.” you said before walked downstairs.

 

 

Yoon Dujun, never a romantic guy, opened the envelope clueless. There was a card with a pocket inside. At one side you wrote:

 

“You are my endless gift. Now I want to return the favor. But I can’t give it to you now. You’ll have ‘him/her’ on June/July 2015.”

 

Dujun didn’t get it. He read your writing thrice until he finally caught the word ‘him/her”. He then pulled a red ribbon, tied to a piece of card hidden inside the pocket, on the other side of the card.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, Appa!~ I’m 15 weeks old now~

 

Those words was written at the corner of the sonogram picture totally shocked him. He could see clearly the fetus’s baby-shape in the picture.

 

Wait.

Appa? Daddy?

Who?

Me?

 

Dujun read the card again. Then he looked at the bedroom door, probably looking for you. He stared at the sonogram again. Finally noticing the red coloured ribbon which is the same with what he saw on the box earlier, he ran downstairs to the coffee table. He grabbed the small white box and trying hard to untie the ribbon and the balloon from the box. When he does, he found a pair of baby shoes along with a small card inside.

 

“Do you think this will look good on me, appa?”

 

Dujun gaped. He then ran again to the refrigerator. He failed to notice the sentence written on top of the whole calendar earlier. The title read:

 

‘My menses – Mrs Yoon.’

 

He counted the boxes which not marked with red ‘X’. After confirming his counting, he blinked repeatedly. He stared at you in the kitchen. You knew he was downstairs when you heard him ran at the stairs, but you ignored him, pretending to be busy preparing dinner. When you saw him counted the calendar, you can’t help but chuckled. You left him getting all the hint and for him to figure it out himself.

“Excuse me, ____________-ah. Are you…..”

You faced him. “Hmm? I’m what, oppa?” teasing him more, you tried to refrain from laughing at his shocked look. “Oppa, what’s wrong?”

“____________-ah, are you pregnant?”

“You think?”

“This…” his finger pointed at the sonogram. “He…or she…my baby?”

His eyes never been as big as it is right now. You smiled and nodded.

“Yes, oppa. Your baby. Our baby. You’re gonna be a daddy. I’m pregnant, oppa.”

Your eyes already became teary.

“____________-ah…really? Jinjja? You’re not kidding, right?”

“Oppa, you have his/her picture in your hand.”

“Appa…the baby will call me appa…” he looked again at the sonogram. He was too shocked and too happy. He didn’t know what his face look like right now. He bet it was hilarious. He stared at you, and walked slowly to you. He stood frozen for a while and couldn’t stop staring at your belly. You hold his hand and put it on your stomach. He was afraid at first and tried to pull his hand away, but you nodded, convinced him to touch your stomach.

 

“I have a baby in my tummy now.”

 

He went closer, then hugged you tight.

“I thought you noticed my growing baby bump when we took a bath together, oppa. I was afraid I’m ruining the surprise.”

“I have no idea, ___________-ah. No idea at all.” He loosen his hug and caressed your belly again.

“I thought, I just thought….”

“You thought what, oppa?” now he puzzled you.

 

“I thought you gain some……fat.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Oppa, you not sleeping? Its late.” you brushed your eyes when you’ve been woken up by a call from Dujun, from Japan.

“We have some more practice for tomorrow stage, __________-ah.”

“Okay. But, please have some sleep, oppa. I’m worried.”

“I’m alright, my dear. You worry too much.”

“Of course I am, oppa. If I’m not, then who will?”

He chuckled.

“Arasso, arasso. I’ll have some sleep before tomorrow.”

“You should, oppa. I love you.”

“I love you too, __________-ah.”

 

Silent.

 

“Oppa? Are you still there?”

“Yes, __________-ah. I’m here.”

“Is there something you wish to tell me?”

How could you feel me, ____________-ah? Dujun smiled.

“Ani, __________-ah. Nothing. Just, today, I met a really beautiful girl during our fansign event.”

“Mwo??! Beautiful girl, oppa??”

“No, no. Not like that. She’s two years old, you know.” He chuckled. Part of him glad you felt jealous.

“Owh,, okay…~” you felt embarrassed.

“She’s so cute I just want to hold her, ____________-ah. I-I guess I fell for her. I mean, it would be nice if I have a daughter like her…” his voice lowered down.

“Oppa, what do you say? I can’t hear you.”

“____________-ah. Aish, nothing. You should go to sleep. Sorry for bothering you.”

“Oppa…”

“Goodnight, my dear. Sleep well.”

“Oppa….” You actually heard what he said earlier, but wanted to hear it again. Dujun said nothing after that.

“Oppa, goodnight. You sleep well, too, oppa. Take care. I love you.”

 

 

You smiled and drifted into deep sleep. You was not scared anymore, of what would Dujun think of your big news.

 

You knew he really want this.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!” You burst into laugh. “Yah, oppa! How can fat be this big?! And how can I became fat only at my stomach?”

“Well, who knows? Haha~!” Now he’s laughing at you.

 “Ah, jinjja, oppa. Huh!” you turned towards the stove to continue your cooking. He chuckled watching you from behind.

 

“Do you need any help, jagiya?” he asked when he hugged you from behind, placing his hands on your stomach. You couldn’t say for sure, but it felt like he was proud of the baby inside your tummy. His baby.

“Jagiya? Did you just call me ‘Jagiya’? So, you’ll call me ‘Jagiya’ from now on, oppa?” you grinned at him.

“If you like it, I will.”

“Of course I like it, oppa! Who doesn’t?”

“Alright, then. Jagiya, do you need any help?”

“No, oppa. It’s almost done. Instead, can you help me setup the table?”

“Of course. Anything for you, dear.” Dujun kissed your cheek before doing what you told.

 

Over dinner, he couldn’t stop smiling. But he wasn’t spoke anything either. He just can’t stop chuckling and smiling to you.

“So, jagiya…” he spoke to you eventually, while you filled up the dishwasher with the dishes. When you’re done and the machine starts operating, he pulled you into his hug.

“I love the shoes. It will definitely look good on him. Or her.” He kissed your ear and his wide smile plastered again across his handsome face.

“I’m glad you like it. You could trust my sense of fashion after this.” You rubbed his back with your hands. In no time he carried you bridal-style to the couch. He sat with you on his lap. Dujun kissed you, not deep, but passionate enough -- filled with love, sincerity and hope.

“I’m the happiest man alive, do you know that?”

“I’m glad you are.”

“Thank you, jagiya. Thank you, _________-ah…” he planted another kiss on your lips.

“No, thanks to you, oppa. I am most grateful to you. Thank you. I’ve never imagined I’ll be this happy, oppa.” your voice cracked and your eyes became teary. Only God knows how thankful you are for the baby, for having him and all other things that happen after you met Dujun. 

Dujun eyes brimmed with tears, too. He was too happy from the news. He naturally love kids and knowing he will have his own child was unbelievable. The feelings was too overwhelming.

 

 

“Let’s build our happy family together, Mrs Yoon…”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

Wee....getting fluffy squishy here..... \^,~/ Can't help but felt happy for them too!!!

I hope I portrayed it well. Do you get the feeling? Happy, grateful, love. Uuwahhh....but, Dujun being romantic? I can't I magine them yet. Maybe in future.....hikhik.....

Thank you & thank you again, readers!!!

I love you!!~~~

XOXORISE_hugs&kisses~~