A Worried Husband

Between US

Yoon Dujun woke up early. It is occupational hazard, you could say. His biological clock has been set to sleep for only two hours at most each time. He’ll slept more when he had time. However, even when he had no activities for that day, he rarely get up late. Active lifestyle are his forte.

He felt your warm body in his embrace. He couldn’t hide his delight waking up beside you. Watching you sleep peacefully in his arms, made him feel utterly thankful for being alive. He trailed your face with his fingers. You frowned unconsciously when you felt something bothering your face. He chuckled alone. He repeatedly your bangs softly. He loved the feeling of your soft, black hair friction between his fingers. When he felt a rutted surface on your scalp, not far from your forehead, his face turned quizzical. He the night lamp behind him. In the dim light, he saw a scar about an inch long hidden under your hair.

“What is this? How can I never seen this before? Hmm…” he mumbled by himself.

 

Suddenly you moved and turned around, with your back facing him. Dujun just smiled. He shoved his body closer and hug you from behind. He placed his protective hand on your baby bump. Another week had passed since he knew you’re pregnant. Now he can’t wait to be a real daddy. A daughter would be best, he thought, and a small smile escaped his lips. After staying awoke like that for few minutes, he became sleepy again. 

 

“Oppa, what will President Hong say?”

 

His eyes flipped open. Wide.

 

Honestly, he was afraid. He didn’t tell his CEO yet about your pregnancy. Back then, when he broke the news of him marrying you, it was chaos at the company. Even his CEO flustered by the news. He had a long talk with President Hong. Eventually, he apologized for his rushed decision and President Hong, being a warm but strict person, cut him some slack. President Hong had been tolerating with him so much in this issue. He shouldn’t burden his CEO anymore. Sure, he must tell him about this, but he’s unsure when the best timing is.

 

He sighed, and pulled you closer.

 

Dujun couldn’t go back to sleep. When the alarm clock rang, he decided to get up. He covered you properly with the blanket before leaving for a bath. He engrossed himself under the lukewarm water. Later, he shaved his face, and apply his after-shave lotion. Feeling fresh, he dressed up casually at home. His every move filled with caution for not waking you up. Satisfied, he took his phone and left the bedroom. He went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

His culinary skill cannot be taken lightly. At least for a young-adult guy standard. In no time, there were two servings of tuna sandwiches ready. He also prepared fresh iceberg salad with baby tomatoes and croutons, complete with lemon juice and olive oil dressing. He put them inside the food container and stored them inside the refrigerator. He peeked into the refrigerator and when he saw there was several tubes of your favorite pudding and his favorite yogurt, he smiled. He boiled some water in the kettle then stored them inside the flask, for your morning warm milk. He brewed some coffee for him. He put a loaf of multi-grain bread along with peanut butter and jam on the table. Then he arranged plates with forks and spoons for two.  

Finish preparing breakfast, Dujun went upstairs again. He peeked on you from the door. You’re still sleeping. You’ve been waking up late lately. Maybe it was because of the pregnancy. You could feel extremely lethargic at times. Dujun aware of your condition. He left you and headed to the next bedroom. This was previously your bedroom when you first came into this apartment. Now it turned into Dujun and your work space and mini library. He sat at his work table and surfed the internet on his laptop. Dujun had this habit of constantly updating himself on whatever going on the web, especially any news, articles, gossip of reviews regarding Beast, his life and blood. He could recall the worst situation he had where his energy was technically drawn by only checking all the fans and reporters feedback on Junhyung and Go Hara dating news. His responsibility and integrity as a leader being tested. He worked hard to calm B2utys down and at the same time give his full support to Junhyung. The episode left a huge impact on Beast and on his life’s principle later. On several shows he vowed not to let his personal relationship made public.

Now he’s in doubt, whether he could keep his vow until the end or not. He’s with you now, and soon he will have a baby. He knew better what B2uties will respond if he announces this relationship but of course, he shouldn’t kept this a secret because they’ll found out eventually.

Time.

Time was messing with him right now. 

For once, he hate being an idol.

 

“Are we not that reliable to you?”

Junhyung’s words popped up in his baffled mind

 

I have to tell them first. He took out his phone and dialed Junhyung’s number. After a few seconds, Junhyung answered.

“Yeoboseyo….?” clearly his voice cracked from the early morning.

“Junhyung. It’s me. Junhyung, do you have any plan today?” Dujun straight away shoot him a question.

Junhyung looked at the screen and confirmed Dujun called him, at 6am in the morning.

“Dujun. Are you crazy? It’s still early…aish…” Junhyung grunted. Dujun call disturbed his much needed sleep.

“Junhyung-ah…there’s something I need to tell you. Something important. Could you come here today? Bring the others too.”

“Yah, Dujun? Are you okay? Is something happen?” Junhyung managed to pull himself together in his sleepiness.

“No, no. Just…I need to tell you all something.”

“Arasso…what time do you want us to come? Now?”

“Ani. Take your time. Anytime today is good. I’m really sorry to disturb your day off, but Junhyung, this is really important.”

“I understand, Doo. I’ll tell the others. We’ll go there later.”

“Thank you, Jun.”

“Don’t mention it. Now, please let me get my beauty sleep, Dujun. Aish…”

“Okay, okay. See you soon. Bye.”

 

-------------

 

Junhyung turned and tossed on his bed to get back to sleep. As soon as he’s about to fall asleep again, a loud sound of a door being slammed jolted him up.

“Aish!! Jinjja!” he grunted alone. Then he heard someone throwing up repeatedly alog with the sound of water running. He sounded bad. Even though the bathroom was not in his bedroom, Junhyung could clearly heard the noises. He grew worried. Got out of bed, he went to the bathroom.

“Yah, who’s in there? Are you okay?”

The person inside threw up again. Then he coughed hard.

“Yah, Hyunseung?  Is that you? Are you okay?” Junhyung knock the door repeatedly. Still no respond from inside.

“Hyung…what’s the matter?” Dongwoon walked wobblingly from his room. “Hyung, why? Why you’re so loud early in the morning?” Dongwoon was probably woken up from the noises too. His face sullen.

“It’s not me, Dongwoon-ah. Hyunseung. He keep throwing up inside.” Junhyung positive Hyunseung was the one inside the bathroom. They live together in the dorm for about six years now. Of course he knew who’s who even from their slightest sound or voices.

“Hyunseung-ah, noe kwenchanha? Open up, Hyunseung-ah.” Junhyung knocked.

No respond.

“Hyunseung hyung, can I come inside? Are you alright?” this time Dongwoon tried to mediate.

Suddenly the bathroom door swung opened and Hyunseung crash directly onto Junhyung. His chest pounding, gasping for air. Junhyung manage to steady himself and grabbed Hyunseung before he could fall onto the floor.

“Hyunseung-ah!!”

“Hyung!!”

Junhyung put Hyunseung down on the floor slowly. He push Hyunseung’s body so that he could leaned against the wall. When his breathing returned to normal, Junhyung and Dongwoon put Hyunseung’s arms around their shoulders and carried him to his bed. Yoseob, who shares the same room with Hyunseung awakened when he senses someone entered. He brushed his eyes to get clearer picture of the situation. When he saw weak Hyunseung in Junhyung and maknae’s hold, he jumped out of bed.

“Hyungseung, are you okay? Junhyung, what happen?”

“He almost collapsed at the bathroom.” Junhyung replied him short.

Dongwoon adjusted Hyunseung’s body properly on the bed, to make him comfortable. He touched Hyunseung’s forehead.

“He have fever. He’s hot, hyung.” Dongwoon looked up at Junhyung. “He’s throwing up pretty bad. Must’ve been from the temperature. I’ll go get him wet towel.”Junhyung quickly walked out of the room to prepare everything needed.

“I’ll get the medicine.” Dongwoon went out of the room too.

Yoseob sat beside Hyunseung whom shivering despite his body been covered with thick blanket. After Dongwoon, Hyunseung easily fell sick too; simply caught the flu or having fever whenever he was too tired. He was too thin, losing so much weight lately. Yoseob sometimes worried about Hyunseung’s condition, but Hyunseung assured him he was alright. He admitted he’s losing weight and not at chubby as when he was a trainee at YG entertainment, but he could still carry out their activities enthusiastically. When Hyunseung fell sick, that’s when you could see how severe his condition is. Because of his thin build, when he fell sick, he lost all of his energy. Zero. His battery depleted. He couldn’t even move.

They alternately took care of Hyunseung until the sun rays shone through their bedroom window.

 

----------------

 

Resting his back against the bed header board, Dujun sat on the bed beside you and catch up with some reading while waiting for you to wake up. He stretched his legs out and put a pillow on his lap to support his book. You woke up. You turned towards him and slowly opened your eyes. Softly, he caressed your hair.

“Good morning, my angel.” His lips arrived on your forehead.

“Good morning, handsome.” You snuggled closer to him.

“Hmm, should I get up now?”

“Take your time, baby.” He smiled.

 

After a while, you got out of bed and begin your morning routine. You seldom sleep on anyway, but it getting frequent lately. Still, at times your body felt so wrong staying longer on bed. After a good morning shower and fully dressed up, you looked at Dujun. He was still immersed in his reading. One quality about him that you love so much: he’s so good with books.

“Should we have breakfast on bed, oppa?” your question snapped him back to reality. “Should we? I’ve prepared the table though. ”

“So we shall go down to the table then. No hustle. Come on, oppa.” You stretched out both of your hands to him. He placed his bookmark carefully, then grabbed your hands. Pulling him out of the bed was not an easy task when he purposely refused to move, teasing you and gave you that ‘pull-me-until-I-could-stand’ look. He chuckled at your funny face and unyielding effort to make his heavy body move. When you were about to fall on to the bed, he budge. He’s afraid you could hurt from his joke.

Walking hand in hand downstairs felt super romantic. You couldn’t stop smiling. Dujun let you sit and did all the job. He took out the salad and the sandwiches. He served them on the plates. He took out two puddings and two yogurt tubes, one for each of you. He prepared you a glass of warm milk and a cup of coffee for him. Like always, you have general conversation with him during breakfast. Conveniently it was your day off and so do him, so you both really took your time and enjoy breakfast. You told him about the heater bill, the plumbing that need to be done in the guest bedroom’s bathroom, about Mrs. Kim next door who just had her first granddaughter. He told you his future promotion plan, his recent product endorsement and about their stylist noona whom broke up recently and about another one Cube staff who will have her baby soon.

Suddenly his phone rang. It’s Gikwangie. His conversation with him sounds intense. Dujun frowned and cupped his forehead looks worried. After a while, he ended the call.

 

“Wae, oppa?”

“Hyunseung have fever. He almost collapsed on Junhyung. Gikwang said he’s getting a better though. I think I should go there. I promise I’ll come back before lunch, okay?”

“Oppa, I’ll come with you. Let’s have lunch with them.”

 

--------------------

 

“Noona!! I miss you so much~!!!”

Gikwang run towards you once you and Dujun emerged at the front door. He hugged you tightly, smiling and jumping like a little boy sees his mother coming back from work. You return his hug joyfully and start jumping in sync with him. As a matter of fact, you miss him so much too.

Dujun watched Gikwang and you happily greeted each other and walk pass through, going straight into the kitchen.

 

“I miss you too oppa!!! Oppa, don’t ‘noona’ me. I am your dongsaeng, oppa!” You showed him your angry-aegyo face. He just chuckled.

“________-ah, you’ve married my beloved hyungie, so technically I can call you ‘noona’!” Gikwang teased you and quickly run towards the living room when you want to punch his shoulder.

“_________-ah, you only miss Gikwang huh? How about me? Don’t you miss me?”

Junhyung appeared from Hyunseung’s room, greeted you with his pale and tired face. Looks like he just woken up.

“Omo oppa, what happen to your face? Are you sick?” You cupped his face and touch his forehead with your palm.

“Ani. Nan gwenchanha... I’m not sick. I’m just tired _______-ah. I guess we all do. They’re still sleeping inside. Dongwoonie and Yoseobie. They took care of Hyunseung from early in the morning.” Junhyung explained.

“Oh, okay oppa. You should go take shower. I’ll prepare some good lunch for all of you today.”

“I’m glad you’re here, _______-ah.”

Junhyung gave you a quick hug, petted your hair and walked towards his room.

 

You entered the living room and sighed at the condition the room was in. It is not that the house is messy, but it felt so… stuffy. Anyone could say that they rarely spent their time in the house. Gikwang was sitting on the couch watching TV. You walked pass him and pulled aside the living room curtain, and then opened the sliding door to the balcony.

“Yah _____-ah. It’s too bright!” Gikwang shrieked, covering his eyes.

“How can you all not get sick when the air circulation in this house was bad with no sun rays coming in, huh?”

“We’re still alive though, _______-ah,” Gikwang replied, half grunting and half chuckling.

“It’s good for your health, oppa.” you stood firm to your action.

 

You then entered the kitchen, finding Dujun unpacking all the groceries you both bought earlier. You opened the refrigerator and for no surprise, nothing can be called proper food in there. You looked at Dujun and both of you grinned to each other, giving the ‘I told you so’ look, confirming that both of you had made a good decision to stop by at the grocery store earlier. Dujun arranged all the dry and canned food in the cabinet. Instant curry, pasta, instant spaghetti sauce, canned tuna, hi-fibre snacks and biscuits, coffee and tea. Almost all the suitable food you both could find. You start filling the refrigerator with fresh milk, eggs, energy drinks, vegetables and fruits. Then, you start to wash the dishes left in the sink before preparing the ingredients to cook lunch.

“I’ll go take a look at Hyunseung now.”

“Sure. Go ahead, oppa. I’ll finish everything here.”

 

----------------

 

Dujun entered Hyunseung’s room, finding Yoseob and Dongwoon lying on the floor, sleeping on the same blanket. From afar he could see Hyunseung’s face of pain and tiredness, in his sleep. He walks slowly past the two members towards him, try not to wake them up. He sat beside Hyunseung. He took his temperature using the electronic thermometer that already there on the bedside table. His fever has gone down, but he’s still warm. He replaced the cold towel on Hyunseung’s forehead with a fresh one. Poor Hyunseung. He had always worked hard until his body eventually consumed by the fatigue.

Yoseob turned his body around. Slowly he opened his eyes. He could see Dujun was there.

“Dujun…” he murmured.

“Dujun, when did you come? What time is it?” Yoseob sat up. His messy, unruly hair made Dujun smile looking at him.

“Sleep some more, Yoseob. It’s only 10:50am.”

“No, no… I sleep enough. Wharrff...” he yawned. “Dongwoonie stayed up more than I do, anyway.” His gaze turned to the maknae whom still curling on the blanket. Yoseob then stood up and did some light stretching. “How was he, Dujun?” He stared at Hyunseung. “I think he’s okay, now. Don’t worry. I got him. Go get some shower.” Dujun instructed. Yoseob weakly nodded and went out.

 

“Thank you guys…” Dujun whispered.

 

--------------

 

Yeosob and Junhyung already fell asleep again on the couch. You could saw them from the kitchen. You can’t help but feel sorry for them. This is the life of being one of the very popular and highly on demand K-pop group. Dance practices, vocal practices, variety show shooting, advertisement shooting, product endorsement photo-shoot, even being cast on drama series. If they had their comeback, during their promotional period they have their comeback stages in music shows, fan meetings and Beautiful Show concert follows. Moreover, music shows nowadays shoots special episode at venue outside of South Korea. Today they’re in Korea, tomorrow they flew to Mexico for music shows and after a couple of days they flew back home. The journey itself took whole 24 hours with transit, if not more. Tired was not in their dictionary they must endured everything. All these hard work they do solely for their fans is what brings them to the top. Not only they have to be prepared physically and mentally, people around them also have to be prepared especially their family.

But fret not, you know they do what they love and love what they do. Their passion always inspires you and their fans acknowledge this fact too.

 

“What are you preparing for lunch, jagi-ya?” Dujun has come back to the kitchen.

“I prepared some porridge for Hyunseung oppa. And… the chicken stew is almost done. And and some fritters. Plus some side dishes we brought from home. I’ve made some kimchi-jjigae, too. And eggs. Rolled egg pancake. I don’t know what they want so I just cook everything.”

You replied him while cutting the green onions on the counter.

“Whoa, I better help you or else they have to starve until dinner.”

Dujun said and grinned jokingly.

“Oppa, I can handle it. But I prefer some company here. It’s too quiet today. Are they still sleeping? Yoseob and Junhyung oppa did. Is Hyunseung oppa alright?”

You pouted your lips towards two limp bodies on the couch.

Dujun smiled. “Let them be. Wake them up after the food is ready. Hyunseung getting better. He still asleep.”

He then swiftly wraps his hands around your waist from behind.

“Oppa, they’ll see us.” You’re already blushing and trying to push him back.

“What’s the matter with that? Let them see. Let them see how much I love you, jagi-ya,” he placed a deep kiss at the crook of your neck. He then rested his head on your shoulder. You beamed with smile. “_________-ah, I’m going to tell them today. About our baby.”

You changed your gaze to him.

“Are you sure, oppa?”

“They have the rights to know. They'll know eventually. I want to tell them personally. You and I.”

“I’ll follow every decision that you make, oppa.”

“Thank you, _________-ah.” Dujun tighten his embrace. You kissed his cheek.

 

“Oh gosh! Oppa! I forgot to cook the rice! Oh no!!” you jolted and apparently surprised him too. He laughed at your flustered face, and later help you cook the rice.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

Pssst....this is an edited version from my writings before. I guess some of my very early subscribers could recall. 

Peace!! 

All the best to the boys in Japan!! \^_^/

XOXORISE_hugs&kisses~