Chapter 1: Back to You

Fiction: You are My Story to Tell

 

"One day, he came to her house, just like what he does everyday but she wasn’t there. He tried to call her but she wasn’t answering. He felt sad as he walked to school lifelessly. The next day, she was acting so strange. He’d ask her why but she would say it was just nothing."

 

“Are you now ready to go back to Korea?” asked Min who was now busy packing their things. It was all of a sudden decision.

 

“Is this the right thing to do?” she asked once again having a second thought. She doesn’t know how to face Junhyung again. How to explain things and how to bring back the past.

 

“No matter what happens I’m always behind you so you don’t need to worry.” Min then walked to her direction and gave her a warm hug. “I want you to be happy, this time.” She whispered.

 

“Thanks unnie… I badly miss him. I really want to see him soon.” She smiled

 

“Then you better hurry packing your things up. Korea must have been waiting for us.” Min winked at her.

 

***

 

"She was a school mate back in high school. He’d thought there would be no chance to get-to-know her. When they reached college, guess it was fate; they’re in the same class."

 

“Congrats!” the five boys surprised him as he entered their dorm. He was surprised to see the five boys with wide smile on their faces. They, indeed, cared for him.

 

“I-I thought you guys have tapings?” asked Junhyung as he closed the door behind him.

 

“Oh come on hyung, we really cancelled it all just for you!” Yoseob grinned

 

“Thanks, guys.” Junhyung smiled as he came to each one of them and gave them a friendly hug.

 

“Whoa, enough with dramas hyung. Sometimes I just thought you were gay for being so dramatic.” Yoseob joked

 

“What did you say?” Junhyung asked pretending to be pissed.

 

“So much for that kids, can we just eat now? I’ve been starving since we brought this cake!” Doojoon tried to catch everyone’s attention as he gets ready to sit down.

 

“Well come on!” Dongwoon cheered

 

“Wait, wait! What about Junhyung’s wish first?” Hyun Seung interrupted trying to stop everyone before they could start slicing on the cake.

 

“Is it my birthday?” Junhyung chuckled

 

“Consider it’s your birthday today. We’re really happy for you. We hope you’ll smile like that from now on and stop… being a loner. Okay?” Doojoon said seriously.

 

“I’m not a loner, hyung! Okay, okay! I promise you that.” Junhyung complained as he sat down on the chair.

 

“Make a wish!” the five boys chanted as they motioned Junhyung to make a wish. Junhyung stood up and closed his eyes while smiling but he doesn’t know what to wish for. Its not that his life was now perfect but things are still confusing. He then opened his eyes and nodded.

 

“Yey! Finally!” Yoseob shouted as he dipped his finger on the cake getting the icing.

 

“Eww Yoseob! Go use the spoon!” Doojoon scolded at him.

 

***

 

“When we arrive there, we’re going to stay at my auntie’s house.” Min started up a conversation while they were already on the plane. Min noticed that she seemed to space out. She was obviously thinking how to make it up to Junhyung. Or more like, Will Junhyung still recognize her?

 

“Hmm… unnie, what will I do?” she asked worriedly staring outside of the window.

 

“Dongsaeng, please take a rest first. Everything would be fine, I promise you…” Min motioned her to lay her head on her shoulder so that she could take a rest just for a while.

 

“Thanks, unnie…”

 

***

 

I probably can’t even measure up to the wind that blows by ah ah
Even if you left me coldly, I don’t hate you
I keep drawing you back fervently
What is the use if I’m going to be hurt again
I say no more

 

“Oppa!” Hara welcomed him with a bright smile as she runs to his direction.

 

“Whoa, Junhyung even brought an inspiration!” Kikwang teased Junhyung.

 

“Hey” Junhyung smiled at Hara and gave her a hug. Junhyung is not quiet used with “hugging” since she would seldom do that to him and he respects her. “You don’t have any schedule today?” Junhyung asked her.

 

“Yeah, I just want to give you a moral support for your upcoming concert.” Hara replied smiling cheekily on him then tip-toed and kissed him on his cheek.

 

“How sweet~” Yoseob chanted

 

“Alright, three days more before our concert! We better get ready!” Doojoon clapped his hands motioning the boys to hurry for they have few hours to get ready.

 

“Aja! Beast Hwaiting!” Hara smiled cutely.