Beauty and the Beast

Love in Despair [Discontinued]

 

Chapter Two: Beauty and the Beast

 

       I just want it to be you and I; just dancing in a ballroom. Alone at last.

 

       I was staring the window inside the coffee shop. From the side, I can hear my friends gathering all the latest gossip. They were talking about Beast. They were a group of friends in my school who, I think, kind of ruled the school. They were handsome young men with unique personality traits. Except for two, both of them were kind of cold hearted people. Yong Junhyung and Yoon Doojoon.

 

       I stood and stated softly, “I think I'm going to go for a walk.” “Would you like me to accompany you?” Goo Hara, my best friend, asked. I shook my head and quietly replied, “No thank you. I'd like to be alone.” I gave her a small reassuring smile. Hara had saddening eyes. “Alright but if you need me, please call.”

 

       I was wandering around the city of Seoul; just window shopping. Ah, it was boiling hot. It's currently spring but the hot weather was coming in quite fast. Then I noticed a familiar figure.

 

       It was him. The man who used to shower me with love. The man I just can't get over.

 

       One day, we could be talking. Giggles could be heard. Love was in the air. But the next, it was quiet. He just stopped talking to me. I assumed that he was mad at me. I asked and he reassured me that everything was fine. But it was not. I gave him some space to let him figure things out.

 

       I took a closer look. And then it hit me. Another girl was standing by his side. He gave her smiles just the way he used to give them to me. I can hear him calling her baby and other cute names like when he used to do that to me. He looks completely fine. He now has someone else to see every day and night.

 

       He doesn't even bother to start a conversation anymore. I start them but sometimes I feel like I'm annoying. These conversations turn into fights, arguments and sometimes something even worse. So i give him more space but days turn into weeks. And weeks turn into months. We go on life without talking. It just stops completely.

 

       And here I am still hurt whilst he has clearly moved on.

 

I looked up at the blue sky; biting my lips and trying to kee       p my tears from falling. I start to tremble. My breath starts to stagger. I start to choke up. I wipe my tears with the back of my hand. I felt so upset. So confused. So.. unwanted. How could he?

 

       What happened to us? He didn't even say it was over.

 

       I can feel my tears starting to burst of my eyes. And then all of a sudden, warmth engulfed. A strong flame of strength just overpowered me. My tears begin to drop and I start crying.

 

Asdfghjkl;

 

       Boy, the weather is very hot. I just finished playing soccer with a few friends. I puffed my cheeks and roamed around the city. People think of me as this cold hearted guy. But really, I'm not. I think I'm this totally awesome cool guy. But no one takes the chance to befriend me except well, for Beast.

 

       I'm drenched in sweat and I smell kind of funny. I look around and I see this girl just looking at the sky. She looks awfully familiar. I stared at her some more and realized she was Chaeri. I widened my eyes. I can see tears forming behind the frames of her glasses.

 

       She looked so beautiful despite the fact that she was probably crying. Her hair so flowing; so beautiful. Her eyes so big and her nose was just oh so adorable. It was like a picture perfect moment. All I can see is her and everyone else was just a blur.

 

       Is she okay?

 

       I felt the urge to hug her. A teddy bear hug. To comfort her. To bring her at ease. But.. this is very unlike of me. I'm not a very touchy touchy person. And thus, I stood there debating on whether or not I should console her.

 

       I saw her wipe her tears and she looked so hurt. My legs picked up and just started running towards her. I gave her a big squeeze. I patted her back. I honestly... have no idea how to comfort girls. I should've googled this beforehand.

 

       I can hear whispers of some ahjummas: “Aigoo, this is public area.” “Ah, such young love.” “Cute Couple.” And then some oo's and aah's.

 

       Blood was rising to my cheeks. Crimson red took over my face. I blushed furiously.

 

       Suddenly, she sniffled and broke away from our hug. She gave me a quick glance and looked shocked.

 

       She took a few steps back and bowed. She whispered, “Thank you,” in a soft voice. She then took off.

 

       I stared at her retreating back, surprised. Now the ahjummas are going: “Ooooh, they just broke up. Didn't they?” “Too bad for them.”

 

       I scratched the back of my head. What the hell just happened?

 

       “Hey, why are you standing around looking like a complete idiot for?” A voice asked. I jumped and stared at the speaker. Yong Junhyung. I let out a breath of relief. “Nothing, nothing at all,” I replied with a small grin.

 

There may be something there that wasn't there before. -Mrs. Potts