Lilo and Stitch

Love in Despair [Discontinued]

 

Chapter ten: Lilo and Stitch

 

Family comes first, right?

 

        “Annyeong! My name is Chaerin! What's yours? I heard that from now, we will be brother and sister!”

 

       He stared at me and if looks can kill, I'd be dead by now. He scoffed and crossed his arms, “It's none of your business.” His voice was sharp and cold with a bit of a tang. I looked down feeling awkward. I played with the hems of my dark blue dress.

 

      And just like that, I woke up to see Junhyung with his eyes closed on a chair. He looked quite uncomfortable. On my right side, I saw Kikwang next to me sleeping as well... Why is Kikwang here? I shook my head. It hurts.

 

       The surroundings of me was white and had a terrible stench to it. Ah, hospital.. I looked my hands and saw some ugly bruises fading away. I sighed silently to myself.

 

       I tried to get up but I felt a pang in my stomach. I grimaced with a face of pain. Kikwang started moving and awoke. “You okay?” he asked in a monotone voice. I shook my head. His eyes read 'Lies'. I whispered softly, “What happened to me?” He shrugged.

 

       I heaved a sigh. He doesn't talk much. He seems to be very quiet. I stared into space and he did the same. I bit my bottom lip as I didn't know how to start a conversation with him.

 

        Out of the blue, Kikwang stated, “He may not show it but he does care. He just doesn't know how to express himself.”

 

        I tilted my head in confusion, “Eh?” Kikwang closed his eyes and pointed to Junhyung. I stared at him. It's been so long since we talked. Ever since the divorce, all connections between him and I were cut off. I wonder what would of happened if the divorce never went through. Would things have been different? Or would they be the same?

 

       Family.. What is it like to have a normal family? I wish I knew .. but I'm just some adopted kid. I sighed solemnly.

 

       Junhyung began to stir and stir in his sleep. “Sorry,” he murmured, “Sorry.”

 

       Sorry? I wonder who he is saying sorry to in his dreams. He slowly woke up and winced in pain due to the bright lights. Kikwang and I just stared at him as if he was an alien who come out of nowhere.

 

      “How are you?” I asked politely. He his lips and replied, “I should be asking you that.” I looked down at the palms of my hands. “Can you tell me about mom?” he asked gently. His voice was so gentle.. I've never heard his voice like that. It sounded very pleasant.

 

      My shoulders slumped down. Kikwang was in the room.. is he going to stay or leave? I pondered for a bit. However, after this thought, Kikwang just stood up and left hastily.

 

       “Oh.. okay then..” I tilted my head. He must be psychic. “It's normal for him,” Junhyung stated.

 

       “Mom had cancer for a really long time. Even before I was adopted. She was fighting all her life with it. It wasn't as strong as first. However, when Mom caught your dad in the act, her body couldn't take it anymore. So, then came the divorce.” I informed.

 

      All he did was nod.

 

      I continued, “Mom took me away for unknown reasons. She didn't take you away because she didn't want you go through the pain. Instead, I went through it. Mom wanted you to live a great life. Perhaps, it's because I was adopted and so, she wanted me to go through great pain of working for money at such a young age. When I was first adopted, I thought life was being fair to me. But in the end, it's not. Mom was a great person and even though, I went through all that. I still love her.”

 

       “Why didn't you come to me?”

 

I looked away and stared at the wall. “I did with the funeral invitation.  Plus we don't talk, remember?”

 

       “Family comes first. And you are family even if I hated you for something you have never done. I'm sorry that I blamed the divorce on you,” He apologized.

 

       “What's done is done. It's in the past now.”

 

asdfghjkl;

 

        I blew a raspberry and paced back and forth at home. Is she okay? I pondered. Should I text her? Maybe I should go to the hospital?

 

        Aish, I don't know what hospital she is in. I huffed in frustration.

 

       “Hyung, are you okay?” Dongwoon asked warily. I curtly replied, “I'm fine.”

 

        Hyunseung chuckled, “It's because his princess is in distress right now. She'll be fine. Don't be such a worrywart.”

 

        I glared at him as my eyebrows furrowed. At school, we saw Junhyung running with Chaeri in his arms. Kikwang followed suit behind him. However, no one has told us any news. Whether they were good or bad.

 

        “OOO LAA LAA,” sang Dongwoon and Yoseob in a teasing tone.  Hyunseung gave them high fives.  I shook my head in disappointment.

 

        I heaved a great heavy sigh, “Shut up. She is not my princess.”

 

       She is my queen. Without her presence, I am no longer king.

 

“Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind. Or forgotten.” - Lilo

Author's Note: 
       I'm very sorry that Doojoon's part was very short.  I didn't know what to do because this chapter was about family.