Pocahontas

Love in Despair [Discontinued]

 

Chapter Five: Pocahontas

 

Love can happen between anybody as long as there is a connection.

 

       “Uhm.. I-i-i was wondering if we can .. you know.. exchange numbers?” Doojoon stuttered one day in class. The people around me was shocked or surprised that a kingka was talking to me. But I could also feel the envious glares from the female students.

 

       I bit the bottom of my lip and slowly replied, “Sure.” People gasped. And I can hear whispers such as “”, “,” or “The kingka can talk?” After all, he is a cold hearted guy who I guess is normally quiet.. in school.

 

       I sighed as we traded phones. He gave me a small smile, “We're friends so ignore all those rude comments.”

 

       He walked to his desk and the lesson of the day began.

 

       After a while, I could feel someone poking me. I glared at the person and curtly said, “Yes?”  She cleared giving me a mean glare, “Are you dating oppa?” I gave her a scrunched up look and straight up said, “No.”

 

       She shrugged and muttered under her breath, “My .” I sighed softly to myself. People are weird, I thought. I don't even call him oppa. I shook my head in frustration.

 

       I stared at the board. I began to daydreaming about the past just slightly.

 

       “Joonie oppa! Wait for me!” I cried happily. He turned around and gave me a huge grin. He held his arms right open and I jumped in them.

 

       He hugged me with such great glee. I snuggled into his shoulders. He whispered softly into my ears, “Saranghae.” I blushed but he couldn't see my face.

 

       “Saranghae, oppa,” I quickly replied.

 

--

 

       “Hey, hurry up! Or I'll leave you behind,” he jokingly exclaimed. I pouted and started to walk even slower than before.

 

       Joon gave me a playful glare and made a dinosaur pose. He started to run towards me. I widened my eyes and began to run away from him. I giggled in happiness.

 

       I ran around and throughout the park. He caught up to me and picked me.

 

       “Rawr!” he roared like a child. I smiled so wide. He then began to spin me around and I felt my heart skip a beat.

 

--

 

       I called him a couple times but he wouldn't pick up. I sighed trying again for the last time.

 

       “What?” he coldly asked. I winced at his tone of voice. I whispered, “Are you busy?”

 

       He sighed, “Yeah, I'm busy. I'll call you when I'm not.” I can hear giggles and chuckles of many voices on the other end of the line.

 

       I replied with, “Okay, oppa. Bye~” He didn't say bye to me. He just.. hung up on me instead.

 

       No saranghaes, no you-hang-up-first arguments, and sadly no more love.

 

Asdfghjkl;

 

       I could see the back of her head and she was just letting her head lay on her desk. I fumbled with my phone. I wanted to text her but.. I didn't know what to say. Should I start with:

 

       hello

 

       hi

 

       what's up?

 

       Or maybe I should start with a corny pick up line. ... Nah..

 

       Aish, I didn't know what to say. Why is life so difficult? I played with my phone and grunted. I glared at my phone in hopes of it being able to come up with an awesome greeting.

 

       I sighed in disappointment and left my phone alone. I began to think about the other day. I wonder why she was so sad after we all separated. Well, she did at one point stare off in a whole different direction. Maybe she saw someone she didn't like? I shrugged.

 

       Ah, she's so beautiful. She makes my heart beat really fast. I scratched the back of my head. “Ah, I see you're staring at her again. You've been doing that lately,” Hyunseung said as he gave me a wink. He nodded at her. “Go ask her out on a date or something.”

 

       I gave him a death glare. “Friends do not go out on dates together,” I replied quickly. He shook his head, “Yeah, but you, for sure, want to be more than just friends.”

 

       I puffed out some air and gritted, “How can you tell?” I blushed really hard and stared at the ground. Hyunseung chuckled quietly, “Ah, our leader has fallen in love!” He pinched my cheeks and I gave him a deadpanned glare. “Don't say that out loud!” I yelled softly.

 

       Hyunseung stared at her, “She's cute, you know? How long have you had a crush on her?” I mumbled, “Since freshmen year.” “MWOH!” Hyunseung bellowed loudly. The teacher turned around and gave him a I'll-punish-you-if-you-don't-sit-down look. He scratched the back of his head and murmured, “Sorry, sorry.” The girls in the class giggled as he sat back down.

 

       “But she was always with some guy. I couldn't get a closer look at him but they were always together!” I exclaimed in a whispering tone. “Man, you little wimp! Just grab her! Do you see them together now a days?” he asked amusingly. I shook my head. “Well what are you waiting for?” He demanded. I pondered, she might reject me.. nah, we're friends so maybe not. Hyunseung said while tapping his shoes, “Well?”

 

       “I'll try something..” I grabbed my phone and sent a quick text.

 

       Hey, do you want to hangout or something sometimes maybe this week?

 

You two might come to see you were meant to be so much more. - Mrs. Jenkins