Sleeping Beauty

Love in Despair [Discontinued]

 

Chapter Seven: Sleeping Beauty

 

       Kiss me from my slumber, o prince charming.

 

       The doorbell rang and I rapidly ran down my stairs. Dang, these stairs are way too long for my liking.

 

       I opened the door and there stood Doojoon holding a bouquet of flowers. They were assorted. I timidly said, “Hello there.” Doojoon just stood there gawking at me. I felt very intimidated by that. Did I do something wrong? Is he going to leave me here stranded?

 

       He coughed a .. fake cough? Then he started to scratch the back of his head and whispered, “These are for you. I didn't know what kind of flowers you liked so I got a bunch of random ones.” I nodded and asked, “Would you like to come in for a bit? I got to put these flowers in a vase.”

 

       Doojoon was wearing a pair of dark coloured jeans, white vee neck with a pair of black converses. He looked quite good in his casual wear. I led him into the living room and I, myself, walked into the kitchen looking for a vase. “Would you like a drink?” I called out loudly enough so he can hear.

 

       No thank you,” he shouted back. I placed these colourful flowers in a vase. I walked to the living room and saw him staring at some photo frames. Ah, they're starting to collect dust.

 

       I stood there staring at his back. He seems like such a confident person. So strong. I softly said, “Shall we get going?” He turned around with a smile and nodded.

 

       I asked politely, “May I know where we are going?” He shook his head with a toothy grin.

 

Asdfghjkl;

 

       Here goes nothing, I thought. I pressed her doorbell. Her house is very very large. She opened the door and my jaws literally dropped to the ground. She looked so beautiful in her long black cardigan, yellow vee neck and black leggings. Cute like a bumble bee. Her hair was up in a curly updo.

 

       Hello there,” she shyly said. For a split second, I took a break from reality.

 

       I coughed slightly when I realized I was just staring at her and gave her some flowers. “These are for you. I didn't know what kind of flowers you liked so I got a bunch of random ones.” It's true, I didn't know what kind of flowers she liked. She seemed to be a yellow tulip kind of person.

 

       Would you like to come in for a bit? I got to put these flowers in a vase,” asked Chaeri in a quiet manner.

 

       She led me to her living room. It didn't seem like it was used much. To be quite honest, it was a very quiet yet cozy home. I looked around and saw some photographs on her fireplace. “Would you like a drink?” she hollered from the kitchen.

 

       I replied quite loudly, “No thank you.” I picked up a frame and saw a younger version of Chaeri, a small boy and a couple in the back smiling so wide. But the boy was frowning. In fact, he looks quite familiar. I tilted my head and examined the photo. Must be my imagination.

 

       But that was the only group picture. The rest were just Chaeri and perhaps.. her mom? But her smiles weren't as wide as they are today.

 

       Shall we get going?” a female voice asked. I was scared for just a bit. I turned around and smiled. I nodded my head quite vigilantly.

 

       I started follow her towards the door. Chaeri questioned, “May I know where we are going?” I shook my head and showed her my pearly white teeth.

 

       You look beautiful by the way,” I complimented as she locked the door.

 

       She stuttered, “T-t-thank you. You look very good looking.”

 

       I had a whole day of plans awaiting us.

 

And in yonder topmost tower, dreaming of her true love” – Maleficent 

Author's Note
I'm sorry this chapter and chapter five are kind of short ><