Cinderella

Love in Despair [Discontinued]

 

Chapter Four: Cinderella

 

       Perhaps one day I will lose something so precious to me; that my prince charming will come for me.

 

       I twirled around on a sidewalk; gazing out to the blinding sun. I smiled a true smile. I felt very refreshed after so many days. Perhaps I am getting over him? I hope that this is what I am feeling.

 

       I had a dream last night. A past memory. Not a bad one though, it was a great one. One that has to do with my mom before she passed away.

 

       We were sitting down by the rocks near a small stream on an autumn day. The leaves were turning from green to red, orange and yellow. It was like the beginning of a rainbow. I was really teeny and tiny at this moment. My mom was this beautiful women who loved nature and was an amazing cook.

 

       “Your prince charming isn't going to go to you with a white, beautiful carriage and a horse. He isn't going to look for you though. He will know you're the one he wants for sure when you both take on the world,” she whispered in her soft voice while tucking my hair behind my ear.

 

       “Omma! I'm too young to be dating! I'm only 7!” I exclaimed while raising seven fingers on my hands.

 

       She chuckled, “I know. I know.”

 

       My smiles were reaching my eyes. The people around me must think I'm nuts or something. I haven't dreamt of her in a long while. I sighed happily.

 

       I suddenly see a hand waving in front of my face. I gazed up to the person. Ah, Doojoon? I tilted my head and gave him a questioning look.

 

       “Hey,” he greeted. I looked down at my feet and stuttered, “H-hello there.”

 

       He gave me a toothy grin and stated, “You look extremely happy today unlike the other day.” I played with my thumbs and mumbled, “Sorry about that.” He shook his head and said, “No no, no need to apologize. I was wondering if we could be friends?”

 

       I widened my eyes and stared at him, “Me and a kingka being friends? That's just weird.” Out of nowhere, I hear a voice behind me, “Anything is possible if you just believe.” Ooh, a pretty boy. He did a little dance out of nowhere and gave a wave, “Hello! My name is Hyunseung! What's yours?”

 

       “Hyunseung! What are you doing here?” Doojoon cried. “Me? You're the one that ran off! And to think you ran off for a lovely lady and not telling me,” Hyunseung tutted.

 

       I bowed my head as I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks, “Hello, my name is Chaeri. Yong Chaeri.”

 

       Hyunseung chuckled, “A lovely name for a lovely lady.” I blushed even harder. “I don't think I have ever introduced myself to you. My name is Doojoon,” Doojoon said slowly. I nodded my head in acknowledgement.

 

Asdfghkl;

 

       I was fumed in anger as Hyunseung was flirting with Chaeri. “Do you have a map? I just keep getting lost in your eyes,” he whispered while playing with the ends of her hair. She blushed a beautiful shade of red. She had no idea how to reply.

 

       I coughed to get attention. “I suggest Hyunseung and I get back to the others before they think we have gone missing.”

 

       “No no no! I don't want to!” Hyunseung bellowed as if he was a child. I shook my head in annoyance. Then I heard footsteps behind us. Junhyung, Dongwoon, Yoseob, Kikwang, Joon and Mir are crowding us. “Hey guys! You disappeared for quite some time!” Mir cried in bliss.

 

       Kikwang just nodded and Yoseob asked, “Ah, who is this?” Hyunseung wrapped his arms around Chaeri's shoulders. Hyunseung replied, “Chaeri's her name! Isn't she just adorable?” Much to my surprise, she didn't blush. Her eyes were starring into a whole different direction. I could see a hint of sadness in her eyes. “Hello,” she muttered.

 

       Yoseob, Mir and Dongwoon bowed at the same time, “Hello! We are Yoseob, Mir and Dongwoon!” She smiled slightly, “Hello, it's nice to meet you guys but I'm afraid I have to get going.”

 

       I replied, “Be safe while walking home! Don't talk to strangers! Bye Chaeri!” “Bye, you guys,” she whispered softly. She then started to walk away.

 

       Hyunseung bellowed, “Hey! Aren't you forgetting something?” She turned around and asked, “What?” He yelled, “ME!”

 

       Joon snorted at his respond. She blushed and turned around to walk off. I glared at Hyunseung. “Was that necessary?” I questioned. “It's not like she's your girlfriend, hyung!” I glared at him some more.

 

       As a group, we started to walk towards the karaoke bar as planned. I turned back to see the fading silhouette of Chaeri and I can see her shoulders are looking droopy.

 

So this is love. So this is what makes life divine. - Cinderella