Peter Pan

Love in Despair [Discontinued]

 

Chapter One: Peter Pan
 
       Sometimes I wished Peter Pan would sweep me off my feet and bring me to his world.  Neverland.  A place where I would not have to grow up.
 
       "Oppa! Saranghae!" I had a goofy smile plastered on my small face.  I created a heart with my short arms.  He smiled at me with his pearly white teeth.  
 
       "Saranghae, Chaeri," He whispered into my ears so softly that it tickled.  We held hands so tightly and walked amongst the banks of the Han River.  But the scene drastically changed.
 
       All I saw was his fading back in the deepest pit of darkness.  "Oppa! Come back!"  I shouted but my voice was empty; nothing can be heard.  He didn't even look back at me. 
 
       I tried to run to him but it was no use.  I could feel many hands trying to grab me to stop me from running to him.  Please, let me go to him.
 
       And then he just drifted away. 
 
       I woke up with a startled face with drops of sweats beaming down my face.  I walked to the bathroom and looked at my face.  Everyday it was like this.  It started out as a nice dream but in the end, it became a nightmare.  Water splashed my face making me feel refreshed.  Ever since we stopped talking, I lost a lot of weight.  I became more paler.  I tend to daydream a lot.  I sighed.  Same , different day.  
 
       I changed into my uniform and grabbed a piece of bread.  My house was a huge place but it was always so quiet.  Everyone left me.  I am currently the only resident of this place.  Quietness filled it up everyday.  I locked my door up and left for school.
 
       Teachers scold me all the time for not paying attention to their lessons.  Most of my focus went to daydreaming.  And some of it went to my phone.  I was always checking my phone.  I fidget with my phone on a basic schedule.  Hoping that maybe, perhaps, he might just text me.  But I know it's no use.  If he came back to me, I'd most likely take him back.  We were best friends before anything happened.  And then all of it just dispersed into nothing in the air.  It was as if nothing happened.  
 
       I remember sending him a birthday text last year.  He said thank you.  Nothing more; nothing less.  And when it was my birthday, I waited all day for a text from him.  In the end, I never got anything.  I was quite disappointed, upset and hurt.  
 
       Do you ever miss me? Do you ever think of me still?  I truly did.  I did this. Every single day.
 
       Sometimes I just want to breakdown and cry in front of everyone.  Yell out all my secrets.  Yell out everything to the whole wide world about him.  
 
       His perfect voice.  His y smirk.  His cute little abs.  His everything.  Anything.
 
       And then out laid the truth.
 
 
asdfghjkl;
 
       I stared at the back of her head.  Everyday she was always checking her phone.  She gets yelled at.  Go to detentions and what not.
 
       She amused me.  I remember bumping into her during freshman year.  She was such a happy go lucky child.  So vulnerable; so innocent.
 
       Glasses took over her eyes.  Her hair so flowing, so lustrous.   She had rosy cheeks.  She was like an energy bunny.
 
       All of the changed in the midst of senior year.  She became stick skinny.  Too pale.  Too quiet.  
 
       She no longer hung out with the guy she normally did.
 
       She always kept to herself.  She became the quiet follower in her circle of friends.  No longer the leader.
 
       "Hyung! Shall we skip?"  Hyunseung asked quietly.  I shook my head and replied, "Nah, you guys go ahead."
 
       He gave me a weird look and shrugged.  Grabbed his bag and left.
 
       I stared at her a little more.  I started daydreaming.  If I had a lover,  I have something I'd want to do with her.
 
       I'd make her smile.  I'd tell her she is beautiful everyday.  I would give her good morning texts.  And if she wanted, I'd play soccer with her every day.  
 
       I would protect her with all my heart. 
 
       So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land.  - Peter Pan