Chapter 4

Why Does It Have To Be Me?

 

Chapter 4: Car #1

 

Eun drives in front, leading the way to the beach even when it was close to dark. She stares at the front to the road. Min sits in the passenger seat and Sang in the back between Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"Unnie?" Sang says from the back.

"Yes, Sang. What do you want to say?" Eun says form the driver's seat.

"Why for so long did you and Chohee Unnie let them come and destroy your store? Doesn't it hurt to see them destroy all your hard work?" Sang asks.

"Yes, Unnie why did you both do that?" Min says looking at Eun now. Eun keeps driving and takes a deep breath before answering.

"We allowed them to do that for so long because we thought that someday they will come to their senses and finally realize that the chuldren they have are wonderful, but I guess that they never second thought about anything they did."

"Unnie, when you said you were going to call the police to next time they came did you mean it?" Sang asks.

"No, I didn't mean it." Eun says.

"Why?" Min and Sang asks.

"Heiryung and Hyunok may not think of Chohee and I as friends anymore, we haven't given up on them yet. We know that one day they will realise everything and turn a new leaf." Eun answers.

"Why? They did so many bad things to you both?" Min says.

"Think of this. You two are best friends with Hee and Mi, right?" Eun says.

"Yes," they answer.

"You four got jobs at our store to work together, right?"

"Yes."

"If one day, Hee and Mi begin to blame the two of your for something you never did to them. How would you feel?"

"Sad and mad," they both say.

"If they leave you guys and cut all your ties together then start destroying your buisness out of pure anger. How'd you feel?"

"I'd feel sad that they did that. I'd forgive them." Min says.

"I'll be sad that they hated us that much to try to ruin our sucess, but they're friends so I'd forgive them." Sang answers.

"Do you both see why we did nothing?" Eun asks.

"Yes," they answer.

"Why did you guys choose yesterday to stop them?" Sang asks confused.

"Chohee and I decided that they were crossing the line. We were okay with them hurting us and our store, but they crossed the line when they started hurting you girls. You girls have nothing to do with our problem from years ago and we want the four of you to work hard to have a good life later on." Eun responds.

Upon hearing what Eun said, the two girls lookk at each other then to Eun and smile happily. The girls look to Chanyeol and Baekhyun and smile.

"Baekhyun, how old are you?" Min asks looking at him.

"Why?" he asks.

"I want to know if you are older or younger then Unnie."

"I'm 22 years old.'

"Wow you're two years older then Unnie. How about you Chanyeol?" Sang says.

"I'm also 22 years old." Chanyeol replies.

"Okay. Unnie, did you hear that?" Sang and Min asks

"Yes, I'm in the car. Why wouldn't I?" Eun says.

"Sometimes you tend to block things out while driving, but for some reason you never get into a car crash. Remember that one time you were driving and we were trying to call for you, but you didn't even know until the car stopped." Min says out loud.

"Sometimes we worry about you and what you think about, but you always tell us and it is usaully ideas for songs you want to write. You should someday publish your songs because it's a pity that no but us get to hear it." Sang says.

"Wait, Eun, you write music?" Chanyeol says a bit confused.

"I'll tell you guys about it when we get to the beach because i have a feeling that the others will want to know, too" Eun says. 

Sang, Min , Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Eun talk about a different topic through the rest of the ride to the car.