Chapter 8

Why Does It Have To Be Me?

 

Chapter 8: SM

 

Thirteen men are walking down the hall of the fifth floor at SM. They are ready to practice for an upcoming show. One of the ten at the front spreads his arms out beside him abruptly stopping. This causes the members to all almost fall on top of each other. One looks at him and says, "WHAT IS-"

"Shhhhhhhhh" He says turning to them and cutting the other off with a finger in front of his lips. He turns forward and listens more carefully. The rest do the same and hear some music and singing from one of the abandoned practice rooms. They all look at each other with curiosity written all over their faces.

"Do you guys hear that?" The same guy asks. the rest nod.

"Let's go see who is in the room." A different member says showing his curiosity. 

The men walk up to the door and see two girls. They could see the girls faces because of the mirror. The girls finish dancing in unison as one plays the violin and smiles at each other. The members look at one another before turning back to stare at the girls. They see the girls race each other, one at the piano and the other grabbing a guitar. They play the exact same tune and begin singing. 

The ten men enter the room and the girls don't notice that they did. They listen to the girls playing until the finished and clapp loudly as some made noises. The two girls stand up and begin to apologize to them.

Eun and Chohee gather their things and start to leave. 'How long have they been there.?' Eun thinks 'When did they enter? Why are they here?' Chohee thinks. Both girls are about to leave when a man stop them.

"Wait, where are you two going?" He asks.

"Isn't this your practice room?" Chohee turns looking at him and says. Eun turns around also.

"No, this isn't our parctice room. We came in when we heard you two playing music." A different person says.

"Okay, then." Eun says.

"What are you girls doing here? We've never seen you two around." Another person says.

"We don't work here. We were invited by Uncle Soo-Man here." Eun says.

"You two are Chairman Soo-Man's nieces?" A member says as the others' mouths open.

"No, no, no, no." Chohee says with Eun both waving their hands in front of them to signal they weren't.

"We are the nieces to his best firend who is our real uncle. He told us to call him 'Uncle Soo' because he thinks of us as his nieces. Got it?" Chohee states.

The member nod their heads. All the members are relieved about the matter, but now wonder why the two are so calm with their appearance. They all look at each other sending one another the same message. The leader was about to ask them when Eun looks at her watch and says, "Chohee we have to go to Uncle Soo. It is almost time to go. I don't want to be late and start off with a bad empression on his employees." 

"Really! Eun we need to go then." Chohee says. they both turn to the men and say, "Bye, see you next time." before bowing and leaving the room.

Eun and Chohee enter Soo-Man's office. He looks up and sees the two girls. He asks them, "So how was your self-tour around the company? Do you like it?"

"Uncle Soo, we didn't tour around much. We did school work in this practice room with the number 414 on it. We played the instruments in there also." Eun says.

"Why were you two in that room? That room was shut years ago. No one enters it because it has become a storage room for unwanted instruments." Soo says.

"Why is that uncle? The instruments in there sound beautiful." Chohee tells.

"The instruments in that room were said to have made odd sounds and no one found out what caused it." Soo says.

"The instruments are perfectly fine. We tuned them and fixed them using what we read from books. It took some time, but we got them to sound good." Eun says.

"Okay, after you two finish recording a song for a commercial, I'll go with you both to look at the instruments." soo says.

"Let's go record then. Chohee and Eun both say.

------------

The girls enter the recording room and greet two men. They enter the booth after listening to the melody. They sing the song one round without recording and then a second while recording. Soo congratulates them as they finish. They say their good-byes to the two people and exit with Soo.

"So, how was it recording for the first time?" Soo asks them.

"It was fun, Uncle Soo." Chohee says.

"Yes, I enjoyed it a lot." Eun says,

"Well, if you both decide to become trainees and then become famous, you two will be doing just like that more often." Soo tells them.

"We don't want to become famous, Uncle Soo." Eun says.

"We want to live life quietly and avoid all these fans and this popularity thing." Chohee finishes.

"Okay girls, but please think about it?" Soo tells them.

"We will." They answer.

----------

The three enter the elevator and start for the fourth floor. The elevator door opens and they step out as nine girls enter. Soo greets them, adressing them as 'SNSD'. The three continue walking until they reach the room. They enter and The girls show Soo the instruments. He, being suprised at their work, says, "Wow, are you two sure you aren't prodogies?"

"Uncle, we aren't. We just read way too much about fixing things." Eun states.

"Plus, Eun was the one who did most of the fixing. We learned in class how to fix things, but it was just the teacher doing it because he didn't trust us and look, Eun already managed to fix all these instrument with so little experience." Chohee says with an empressed voice.

"So it was this niece that did the fixing." Soo says looking at Eun. She turns slightly pink and averts her attention to Chohee.

"Uncle, I did do most of the fixing, but Chohee did most fo the tuning. She a pro at it and I only showed her once how to tune string instruments." Eun says.

"Oh, so my two nieces worked together and fixed all these instrument." Soo says.

He pulls out his phone and starts dialing a number. The girls look at him as he puts it on speaker. Not long after, the other end of the line answers and they hear a very familiar voice.

"Hello? What is it Soo?" The other person says.

"I Have something to tell you about the girls. They're right next ot me and you're on speaker." Soo says to the phone.

"What did they do? Girls, don't tell-" The person says.

"Whao, wait. Let me finish, Jung." Soo says cutting him.

"Okay. Go on." Jung says.

"The girls are wonderful. They did something amazing. They fixed some instruments that were said to be broken using what they learned even when they've never once done it. Thanks to them, These instruments are now useful again." Soo says.

"Really? They did all that?" Jung asks.

"Yes. You're so lucky to have them as family." 

"Wait, aren't you our Uncle also, Uncle Soo?" Chohee asks.

"Yes, doesn't that mean that you are lucky also?" Eun adds.

"I guess so." Soo says smiling.

They end the call and some staff members collect the instruments. The girls follow Soo back to his office and sits. He tells his assistant to call the winner of the drawing. Eun and Chohee's eyes widen in shock. They both grab and turn off their phones before the assistant calls. The assistant come in and tells him, the phone were currently turnsed off. he dismisses her and continues working. Out of curiosity, Eun asks, "What is the drawing that you were talking to your assistant about?"

"The drawing occurs every year. The two winners get to spend a day with one of the group from SM Company. Sometimes the winner even becomes friends with the idols."

"Do you pay in oder to enter the drawing?" Eun asks.

"No, it's a free drawing." Soo says.

Eun looks to Chohee and glares as Chohee just smiles. She turns back to Soo and asks, "When do you plan to have the day be?"

"This Sunday."

"Okay."

"It's getting late. Eun and I should get going to close up our shop. Uncle, you should stop by sometime." Chohee says after looking at her watch.

"Bye, girls." He says.

"Bye, uncle." They say leaving.

------------

The girls enter their shop where Hee and Sang are cleaning up. They are in the middle of cleaning when eleven figures stand outside their shop and knock on their door. Eun and Chohee go to the kitchen to cook some pasteries as Hee and Sang opens the door. Sang slides down the black blinds and turns on the lights to see. She and Hee cleans as Eun exits the kitchen looking down at her order pad to get the order of the men. She asks, "What would you guys like this evening?" There is no answer ahe looks up to see Exo. They all smile at her and she smiles back.

"Long time no see." Xuimin says

"We met last week. What brings you all here today?" Eun asks.

"We miss you food. Sehun here has been whining for you bubble tea the past few days." Suho says.

"Okay, I'll get the bubble tea ready. Do you guys want to come inside so Hee nad Sang can clean witout disturbance?" Eun asks. They all nod and she gestures for them to follow behind her. They enter the kitchen once again and see the counters filled with ingredients. They help the girls make the pasteries again as they all drank their tea. They say their farewells and separated after they finished cooking. 

---------------------------------------

A/N: I feel that this is a boring chapter. Please comment to the story. If you want to know who the mystery men are, keep reading. I will probably reveal it the next chapter. Look forward to it.

Almost forgot, I want to update Halloween Night, but due to my brothers graduation, I won't be able to cause we leave right after the graduation. It's a 15 hour drive from Eureka to San Diego. I also have a performance November 1st at Humboldt State University.