Chapter 9

Why Does It Have To Be Me?

Chapter 9: Play Day

Eun walks out of the kitchen with some food and bubble tea. She hands each of the members a drinks and a plate of food.

"So, do you girls know who we are?" Baekhyun asks out of the blue.

"To be honest. We have no idea who you twelve are. All we know is that you are customers that have somehow become like our friends." Eun answers after some thought.

 

The group sits in silence as Eun and Chohee cleans the counter and tables. They tell Sang and Hee to head home and study. The girls leave and the last people there are the owners and Exo.

"Wait, did you just adress us as friends earlier?" Jongdae says after he realises what Eun had said.

"Yes, why are you asking? You guys are much more then normal customers. You know some of our stories. You all know more than any customer of ours does." Eun tells him.

"Plus, you have gone to the beach with us. We usually take anyone with us unless we accept them as friends and someone we can trust." Chohee adds.

"So you two see us as friends and not k-pop stars?" Jongin says for reassurance.

"Yes." Eun and Chohee both say.

 

A smile creeps up on all of Exos' faces. They all turn to one another and smile then look at the girls. They look at their plates and grab the empty plates to take to the sink.

"Wait, you don't have to do that. We can do it. You are the guests and it is rude for us to let you guys to do that." Chohee says walking up we Eun right next to her.

"I thought we were you friends." Chanyeol states.

"Yes, you guys are, but it is rude for us to do this." Eun says back.

"Who says it is rude. We are willing to do this. We are your new friends by the way." Kyungsoo says as he and the rest of Exo walks right past the two girls.

-----------

The girls stand in front of SM Entertainment once more. They walk up to the clerk once more and she directs them to their uncle's office. They enter the room and sit in front of his desk.

"Uncle Soo, is ti too late to back out of this thing?" Eun asks him.

"Yes, it is too late to back out. You already promised me." Chohee says to her.

"Well then, can we wear disguises so the group we are about to meet won't know who we are and can we use a different name then our own so they won't try to find us later on?" Eun asks directing her attention to Soo-Man.

"Yes, you may." he answers.

"Great, I'll find us both disguises to wear." Eun says leaving the room.

 

Chohee turns to Soo-Man after Eunleaves and asks, "Uncle, what group are we meeting?"

"You two are meeting the group called Exo. do you know of them?" Soo-Man saysto her.

"No, Uncle. I've never heard of them before."

"Will, you'll meet them today. They will be showing you around SM even though you have already toured around. Just pretend that you have not been here before and pretend you don't know me personally because they will get nervous if they find out before the day ends."

"Okay, Uncle. I'll tell Eun this before we go to meet them together."

-----------

Eun walks around looking for clothing when she walks into a girl. They both fall on their butts. They get up and apologises when Eun notices that the girl is one of the girls from the elevator. She walks up to the girl and says, "Hi, nice to meet you. I don't think we formally met and this situation that just happened now make it even more awkward. I'm Lee Eun Kyung, but you can call me Eun for short. You?"

"I'm Kim Tae Yeon. Have we met before?" the girl says looking closely at Eun.

"Actually, yes. the other day at the elevator with Uncle Soo." Eun replies.

"Ahhh, so you're his niece?" Taeyeon asks.

"Well, well you could consider me like that, but I'm not his biological niece. I'm the biological niece of he best friend, Lee Dae-Jung."

"So your the niece of the best friend of Lee Soo-Man.'

"Yes. Oh! Do you know anywhere that i can find clothing and accesories?"

"Yes. Follow me and I will show you where."

 

Taeyeon leads Eun to a costume room and stops in front of the door. She directs Eun into the room and soon leaves to practice. Eun looks around for clothing that would cover her and Chohee to the point where they aren't noticed. Eun leaves the room and heads back to Soo-Man's office. Chohee tells her everything she needs to know and they both go to get changed.

-------------

The Exo members walk into the chairman's room. They all greet him and he greets them. Each member looks around to see where the girls that won the raffle are, but see none.

"Where are the girls that won the raffle?" Kris asks the chairman.

"They went to freshen up in the bathroom. They will come back very soon." he tells them.

 

The girls walk in through the door after he says that and all attention goes on them. They each make eye contact. The chairman walks up to the girls and stand next to them. The girls eye widen in shock as they see the guys.

"These are the two raffle winners. Their names are Kang Sang Hee and Park Eunji." the chairman says gesturing Eun as Sanghee and Chohee as Eunji.

"Hello." the girls say in unison. 

"Hello. We're Exo. Nice to meet you." Suho says.

"Nice to meet you too." Chohee says.

 

The rest of the Exo members realize the voice is very similar. None of them are able to pinpoint it, but they know something is up with the two girl just by their clothing. The girls try to look normal in front of Exo as they now know who the men are.

The chairman leads them all outside and bids them farewell for the day. They begin to leave when Eun turns around and looks to Soo-Man and says something.

"Un- I mean Lee Soo-Man what do you want us to do after the tour around the company?" Eun asks.

"You can do anything you want. Just don't let Exo leave the building. The press are always ready to ambush them." he tells her.

"Okay, thank you."

 

The girls follow behind Exo as they go around the building. Exo shows them around the practice rooms. They got to the cafe on the first floor to get some food before continuing the tour. They all sit at two connected tables.

"So how do you like SM so far?" Luhan asks the girls.

They look at each other and Chohee says, "It is beautiful here. We would love to come here every day if we could, but unfortunately we have school and work to worry about." 

"You could audition to becomr SM trainees and then you'll both have to come everyday." Tao says.

"I don't think we want that. We'd rather live our life just the way it is then become famous." Eun says.

"You two speak like two girls we know. Maybe someday you should meet them." Yixing say sto them.

Both girls think 'That is because we are the girls. You dummies.'

"Oh, then maybe someday we should meet them." Chohee says.

Sehun gets up and says, "I think we should get on with the tour. Next stop is the recording rooms. Let's go."

 

The girls and Exo throw their trash away and head towards the recording rooms. The girls look in awe at the beautiful room that they had already saw.

"Do you two want to try something?" Baekhyun asks the girls. They both nod and he shows them inside. Once they were inside he says to them, "Look at the music sheet and sing into the mic. That is all you have to do and if you want to grab an instrument from the back, be happy to." He leaves them in the room and jions the rest of Exo.

The girls put a thumbs up to show they are ready and the music begins. They sing into the mics and their beautiful voices filled the room. Exo stares at them forgetting to blink. Chohee soon walks to the piano and leaves Eun sining alone. She continues singing at the piano as Eun grabs a violin. They play music in the background and finishes they song. They look up at the guys and Eun asks, "How was that? Was it good?"

"How was it?! It was amazing.You two should really join SM." Kris copliments them.

"No we don't want to." Chohee says.

"You should. Both of you." D.O. says.

"Maybe another time." Eun says.

----------------

Exo and the girls are walking around when some men run down the halls and accidentally knock Eun and Chohee down. Their disguises fall off bck their back are to Exo. The men apologise and walk away. Both the girls turn around and Exos' eyes widen. They girls look at their expressions and feel their faces.

"Is there something on our faces." Chohee asks feeling her faces. They both feel the sunglasses they wore earlier gone along with the wigs and the hoods are off. They look to each other and realise their disguises are gone. They turn and walk away grabbing the disguises.

"Hold it right there Kang Sang Hee and Park Eunji or should we say Eun and Chohee." Chanyeol says making them hult.

"So you two are the two winner of the drawing yet you disguised yourselves. What kind of friend are you two for hiding it from us?" Tao says as he walks towards their backs.

"You both knew it was us yet you kept the disguises on. Is this what you two are like?" Kai says following.

"Yeah." the rest of Exo say as they walk toward the girls also.

Both girls turn around and look at the approaching men. Eun says out loud, "We didn't know you guys were Exo and frankly i didn't want to be in the drawing. Chohee put both our names in it. It's her fault."

"Eun, you can't blame this on me." Chohee says looking at Eun.

"Soory, but it is true. You put our names in the drawing and then lied to me abou the 'money' that you paid and then this all happened. Anyways, we both have important buisness to go to so bye." Eun says running.

"Bye." Chohee says running after her.

They run and Exo chases after them. The elevator oesn't reach their floor in thime so Eun and Chohee decide to run down the stairs instead. Exo runs after them until they all reach the chairman's office. They all barge in and Luhan grab Chohee's wrist as Baekhyun grabs Eun's wrist. Both Baekhyun and Luhan yell "Gottcha."

"Woooo. Woooo. Woooo. What is happening here?" the chairman says.

They all look up and Baekhyun and Luhan let go of Eun and Chohee. The man sitting in front of the chairman gets up and turns around. Both girls' faces brighten up and they run up to hug the man.

"Uncle Jung, what are you doing here?" Eun asks after they let go of him.

"I came here to talk to my best friend about the song you two recorded the last time you were here." he tells them.

"Was there some thing wrong with the song or the recording?" Chohee asks.

"You tells me. Let's listen to it." he says looking at Soo-Man to play the recording.

The recording it played and everyone in the room listen closely. They song end and every man in the room-which is practically everyone but Eun and Chohee-clap.

"Nothing is wrong with the song, but I talked to some of my workers and they want the two of you to become a duo and sing for our company. They not only want you to train here, but to debut in a few months from now using this song as your debut song. I and your uncle both are begging you both to agree. You have wonderful potential." Soo-Man says.

"Uncle Soo, we just don't want to yet or maybe ever." Chohee says.

"Oh, c'mon you both are beautiful and talented. Just take the offer." Chen says.

The four turn and look at Exo, who are standing at the front door. They all start talking and bickering. The chairman and the girls' uncle finds out about the girls and Exo being friends. They all argue for hours until Eun and Chohee finally agree. Exo, the chairman and their uncle all cheer in success as the girls agree. they decide to brgin training the day after. The girls leave home with their uncle and Exo leaves with their manager. 

-------------------

A/N: Sorry for not uploading. I was catching up with homework and doining last weeks homework ahead of time. San diego was beautiful and i wish I could show some picture, but unfrotunately I can't. Hope you guys like this chapter.