Day 2

7 days

I woke up feeling nauseous and ran to the bathroom to vomit. This is how it feels to have morning sickness. I looked at the surrounding and realized I was at Hyoyeon unnie’s house. I almost forgot that I was sleeping over. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw how miserable I looked. My eyes were red and swollen. I remembered crying my heart out last night after telling Hyoyeon unnie what happened. From how oppa suddenly had a changed in attitude and to how he no longer cares about me and think that I’m annoying him. My heart ached just thinking about it again. But at least I calmed down and I don’t want to part with him, not when our family life is just about to start. He must be going through some phase and I need to find a way to make him fall in love with me again.

 

“Seohyun, kenchana?” I heard unnie said from the bedroom. I walked out and see a worried Hyoyeon unnie.

 

“I’m fine, unnie. It’s just the morning sickness. The doctor said it is normal to feel this way.”

 

“Okay. I was worried for awhile there. But are you feeling better emotionally?”

 

“Yes unnie. I’m feeling better now. Thank you for being there for me. Unnie, I think I need to come up with something to make oppa fall in love with me again.”

 

“Yes, that’s a great idea. But before that, you need to really unwind. I’ve already made plan especially for you maknae. We are going for a spa first, and then we are going to SM, just to see how things are now. Later tonight, I booked a ticket for us to see Chicago and then we are going to have good food with all the members. It has been awhile since we all met.”

 

“Is it? Well since unnie had already made plans, I’m more than happy to join. Can’t wait to meet the unnies again.”

 

It is true that it has been awhile since all the members meet. I’m sure it will be fun and maybe the unnies can throw in some ideas too. Oppa wait for me, I will definitely win you back.

 


 

I woke up feeling tired. I was asleep on the sofa and the TV was on. I managed to finish the song last night and went straight home. It was dark when I arrived home, Hyun really left. Well that's great right. I should feel relieved. I did for a bit. I went home without feeling frustrated but then I felt somewhat empty. But whatever, I wanted this. Might as well enjoy it while I can. I switched on the TV and then went to the bathroom to take my shower. Hyun would never let me do that, she would nag saying it was a waste of electric. After shower, I took some beers out and started drinking while watching the TV. I guess that's how I fell asleep on the sofa and felt more tired waking up. I looked at the time and its almost noon. Damn, I’m late.

 

“Sorry I’m late boys. I overslept.” I said while walking in the studio. They were all staring at me with a quizzical look.

 

“Hyung, is the song your true feeling?” Jonghyun said breaking the silence. I just look back at them, not sure what to say. The song suddenly came up when I was thinking about my feelings towards Hyun. And again when Hyun left yesterday.

 

“Hyung!!” shouted Jungshin. I came back to reality. I guess there’s no use hiding it. It is what it is. Also Hyun already knew about it after I stupidly tell her myself.

 

“Yes, that’s how it is right now. I just suddenly got the song in my head thinking about it.”

 

“Hyung, do you know what the song is about? Are you sure this is your feeling? What had Seohyunnie do to you?” said Minhyuk looking shocked. Well all of them looked shocked. Told you they adore Hyun too much.

 

“Of course I know what the song is about. It’s from my heart. Yes I know it’s not a good thing to be feeling that way about your own wife, but I just do.”

 

“So right now you’re not sure of your feelings towards Seohyun, and you are feeling like your love is more of a burden and annoyance? You no longer feel the heat of love after a year of marriage?” emphasized Jonghyun, looking terrified. Well he just got married to Seungyeon a few months ago, he must have feared that he would feel the same or maybe he just thought that it is impossible. I thought the same just a few months ago, and yet here I am.

 

“Yes Jonghyun ah. Unfortunately, that is what I’m feeling. It is not that I want it but I just feel it. Just seeing her all day at home this past few weeks frustrates me. I wish she got something else to do, other than sitting at home.” The boys stared at me wide-eyed.

 

“Hyung, have you gone crazy? Sick? This is Seohyun we are talking about. You are deeply in love with her. You are Korea’s most wanted husband. Your affection towards Seohyun is known all over the world. You have gone through thick and thin in your relationship for 7 years and now you are married for a year. You are the inspiration for other We Got Married couples. Only you managed to stay as long as you did. Even Jonghyun hyung took you as a teacher in this matter, that is why he managed to marry Seungyeon,” said Jungshin while shaking my shoulders, as if asking me to come back to reality. I looked down for awhile. That is true, I am Korea’s model husband but why am I like this now. I am deeply in love with Hyun. She is my life but what is this right now.

 

“I wish I could but right now I’m trying to take my time to think about it again. Hyoyeon is taking care of Seohyun for a week. I’ll rethink about my feelings, so stop with all this. Leave me with my own thoughts. Now let’s practice. We already wasted time because I was late.” I really don’t want to think about it now; it has just been a day. I just want to take a break from her for a moment.

 


 

We just arrived at SM. After we ended our contract, I never really came back even though we are still welcomed. I suddenly felt jittery, either from excitement or nervousness, I have no idea. It felt like the first time again. I guess I have been in the house for too long, I forgot that this was my passion. No, it still is. I entered the building enthusiastically, leaving Hyoyeon unnie behind.

 

“Yah Seo Joo Hyun wait up!” shouted unnie catching up with me. “Are you excited maknae?” asked unnie as she walked beside me.

 

“Ne, unnie. It’s been awhile I felt this way. I have forgotten how much time we spent here dancing and singing. I suddenly miss it.”

 

“That’s why I bring you here today. I want you to relive the moment and also inspire the trainees. You are the one and only Seo Joo Hyun.”

 

“Aniya unnie. I’m just the same as how they are now, but yes of course I would love to meet the trainees and talked to them.”

 

“That’s great but before that let us stop by at the recording studio and dance room, just for fun.”

 

“Yes unnie, definitely. I would love that.”

 

So we went to the recording studio first and started singing all our songs. It was really fun. We try to impersonate the other members too. We were in the middle of singing ‘The Boys’, when Kyuhyun oppa and Leeteuk oppa entered the studio.

 

“Oppa!! What are you doing here?” I asked still feeling pumped up.

 

“Well I was having a vocal class with the trainees, when suddenly Leeteuk oppa came and told me that our Maknae Angel Princess is here. So I had to come and see you,” I laughed at Kyuhyun oppa’s remark.

 

“Then how do you know that I’m here Leeteuk oppa?”

 

“Well, I got a message from someone saying that you’ll drop by, so of course I wouldn’t miss the chance to see our Maknae Angel Princess. How are you?”

 

“I’m fine oppa. I’m having fun right now. It’s been awhile since I do all this. Unnie had planned a schedule for me to have some fun, and I’m telling you it’s been great.”

 

“That’s great if you’re feeling that way but we are here to make it more fun,” said Kyuhyun oppa with his signature smile.

 

And they did. We sang more songs together and seeing Leeteuk oppa and Kyuhyun oppa bickering, just reminded me of the old days. We sang until Hyoyeon unnie said that it’s time to head to the dancing room. As we entered the dancing room the music was already playing, and there I saw Changmin oppa, Eunhyuk oppa, Donghae oppa, Heechul oppa, Minho, Taemin, Amber, Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun already dancing. I looked at Hyoyeon unnie with my what-is-all-this look. This is no way a coincidence; unnie definitely planned all this. That's how Leeteuk oppa knew. Aish Hyoyeon unnie is giving me the feels.

 

“Omo uri Seohyun has arrived!!” shouted Heechul oppa as I entered and they all stopped dancing. They take turns to greet me as if I’m the main star. I wanted to ask why they are all here but I felt like I already know why, so I don’t bother asking.

 

“How’s your day so far? Are you ready to rock out with us?” asked Minho with that proud face of his.

 

“Ne! I’ve been enjoying every second of my day today, thanks to Hyoyeon unnie. I’m pretty sure you all have something for me too, which I would gladly accept,” I said giggling while hugging Hyoyeon unnie.

 

Then Sehun came to me and said, “Noona, remember Crazy In Love? I may not be your partner at the time but I pretty much can start this dance session.” All the oppas started cheering and making noises, I felt shy for awhile but I guess one dance wouldn't hurt. I took Sehun’s hand and we started dancing.

 

The others just joined along dancing after that. We were all dancing to all of our songs and I was having a good time. Unnie really cheered me up. She gathered all these people for me, as if trying to tell me that there are many people out here who still cares for me. But the only person that would make it so much better is not here right now. Just when I thought of Yong oppa, I suddenly felt nauseous.

 

“I’m sorry but I need to go to the washroom for awhile. You guys just continue dancing. Really thank you for being here,” and I left the room carefully, not wanting them to get suspicious. But just as I reach the washroom, I vomited.

 

“I’m sorry agi ya. Omma was having so much fun that I almost forgot you were here. Mianhe. I’m here now. Did you miss appa? Because just as I thought of your appa, you reminded me of you,” I said while holding my stomach.

 

“Seohyunnie! Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine unnie. Suddenly felt nauseous. They didn’t suspect anything right?” I walked out of the cubicle and saw Hyoyeon unnie pacing back and forth.

 

“Don’t worry Seohyun. They didn't suspect a thing. Are you really okay now?”

 

“Yes unnie. I’m fine. Let’s get back.”

 

“I think we had enough dancing for today. Let’s end our tour by meeting the trainees?”

 

“Okay unnie. That would be great. Uri agi is upset that I had so much fun.” Both of us laughed and walked towards the room to meet the trainees.

 


 

“Good practice everyone! That is it for today. We will meet again at the same time tomorrow,” I said as we finished practicing the song I just wrote.

 

“Hyung it really is a good song. But it really is sad since we know the story is real. We really hope you could find a way out of this feeling hyung,” said Jonghyun as he placed his guitar down. Yes it is a really sad song, it is sadder because I keep on thinking about Hyun as I was singing. Remembering her sad face and her sobs as she left. That was the last image of her I had before she left. I wished that it were her lovely smile that I saw but then again it is my fault in a way. After saying her existence is annoying, how could she be all smiles. I failed at not wanting to think of her. I was supposed to take this time for myself and yet all I think about is her. This is all so confusing.

 

“Hyung we will be leaving then. Do you want to join us for dinner?” said Jungshin, disrupting my thought.

 

“No that’s okay. You guys go ahead.”

 

“Alright then hyung. See you tomorrow,” said Minhyuk and they left. The reason I don't want to eat dinner with them is because they might question me further and I’m not in the mood to talk about it with them. But I think I’ll call Joon hyung because I don’t want to eat dinner alone and there’s nothing at home to eat.

 

“Ne Yonghwa ah.”

 

“Hyung, are you busy? Want to go grab dinner with me?”

 

“Are you paying?”

 

Joon hyung is still the same. Always finding the chance for someone to pay for the food.

 

“Sure hyung. So are you free?”

 

“Of course. Anyway I always wanted to try this shop, I’ll text you the place. See you there.”

 

“Arasseoyo hyung. See you there.”

 

I hang up and waited for the text from Joon hyung.

 


 

“Unnie!!” I shouted after entering the shop with Hyoyeon unnie. There I saw all of them, Taeyeon unnie with her 3-year-old son, Taehyun and another baby incoming; Tiffany unnie with her 3-year-old daughter, Nicki; Yuri unnie with her 1-year-old son, Seungri; both Sooyoung unnie and Yoona unnie with their baby bump, Sunny unnie and Jessica unnie. I felt the tears gathering in my eyes as it felt like forever for all of us to gather.

 

“Omo, omo, uri maknae ya,” said Taeyeon unnie hugging me.

 

“Don’t cry Seohyun ah. We are all here now,” said Tiffany unnie, patting my back.

 

“Thank you Hyoyeon ah for making this reunion,” said Sooyoung unnie while hugging Hyoyeon unnie. Hyoyeon unnie smiled brightly and said, “Leave it to the dancing machine to make great reunions.” Everyone laughed to that. I am so grateful to Hyoyeon unnie for trying to cheer me up and even go an extra length for gathering all the people today. We chatted and updated each other with our life, and also reminiscing the old times.

 

“They even have a karaoke box here. Who wants to sing?” shouted Sunny unnie. “Seohyun ah, your song is also in the list. I’m going to play it for you,” she shouted more. What song is Sunny unnie talking about? Yuri unnie pushed me to go and sing in front.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo everyone. Here we have Seohyun of Girls’ Generation and she will sing for you as you eat your dinner. Seohyun hurry!! Welcome Seohyun with her song, ‘I Will Wait For You’ from Fashion King’s OST,” said Sunny unnie using the mic, acting as a host of a party. I took the mic and started singing the song that I knew too well.

 

geudaega boineyo ~~ nae mamsog dan han saram ~~ geutorog geuriwohan ~~ geudaega boyeoyo (translation: You are in my sight, the only one deep in my heart You are in my sight, the one I miss so much)

 

As I sang the chorus, oppa suddenly came to mind. My heart ached singing it, thinking of oppa but I pulled through.

 

apado useumi nayo ~~ useodo nunmuri nayo ~~ geudaeui gieogi meomuneun ~~ geugose na isseoyo (translation: I smile even if it hurts, tears flow even if I smile I am at the place where your memory remains)

 

I finished the song and received a standing ovation. I even saw some shed their tears. Seeing that, my heart was at ease again. It had been awhile since I touched others with my singing and seeing their reaction made me remember the reason why I love singing.

 

“Seohyun ah, that was so beautiful. You really convey the feelings of the song so well,” said Yoona unnie as I came back to sit with them.

 

“You sang it better than before. As expected from Seo Joo Hyun!” said Jessica unnie.

 

“Aniyo unnie. I guess I just miss singing that I gave extra feelings into it,” I replied dismissing their praises. Then I look at Hyoyeon unnie who gave me a you-are-doing-okay? look, and I just gave her a slight nod. We continued to chat and had dinner after that as I tried to ignore the pain I was feeling inside.

 


 

Did I hear wrong? I think I heard Sunny’s voice introducing Hyun.

 

“Yah, your buin is here. Did you tell her we were here?”

 

“Aniyo hyung. I didn’t tell her anything. I didn’t know that they would be here.”

 

“Look she’s singing. It has been awhile right. Let’s enjoy this.”

 

We sat quietly and listened to Hyun singing. She was shy for awhile when Sunny introduced her. But still she did her best to sing it beautifully. As expected of my Seo Joo Hyun. She always gave her best. Look at her expression, she sang it so affectionately; as if she was trying to convey her feelings through the song. Her eyes suddenly looked as if she’s in pain even though she is smiling. Just like the lyrics, I smile even if it hurts. What is she thinking about to make such expression? Is she thinking about us, me? She sang it beautifully til the end, and without realizing I stood up and clapped for her. She smiled that lovely smile of hers as she went back to her seat.

 

“Yonghwa yah. Are you fanboying your own wife right now?” said Joon hyung.

 

I forgot that Joon hyung was here.

 

“Aish hyung. She just sang it beautifully and I stood up without realizing.”

 

“I know. She really did sing it beautifully. Did you just fall in love with your wife again?”

 

Joon hyung was laughing and meant it as a joke, but I took it to heart. Did I? This is the Hyun that I missed. I just realized I didn’t feel a slight annoyance at all when I saw her again. What does this all means? I couldn’t even have my own time alone, now I’m seeing her from afar. Yet the only feelings I have now is that she’s back. She’s the Hyun that I know. But what if when she come back later, she will be that Hyun I am frustrated with. Yah Jung Yong Hwa get back to your senses and know what this all means fast.

 

 


There you go. The second chapter. It took me awhile to write it. How do you guys find it? I know there were many cameos right. I enjoyed writing this chapter. I hoped all of you enjoyed reading it too. I want to thank my subscribers, you guys give me the power to keep writing. So please do subscribe and comment. I'll keep writing the next chapter. So what is in stall in day 3?