Day 4

7 days

I surprised Hyun by wrapping the long lost scarf around her neck and giving her a back hug after, just to reenact the scene again.
 
“Omo. Oppa?” Hyun said looking at my face. I just smiled at her and buried my face in her neck.
 
“What is this oppa?” she held the scarf and look at it confused. Then as she looked further, her expression changed. She looked surprise, happy and longing in a way. I guess she must have all this mixed feelings after looking at the scarf, just like I did.
 
“Y.S. Oppa is this scarf, the scarf?”
 
“Yes Hyun ah. It is the scarf. The one you worked really hard for me. We found it.”
 
“But how oppa? After all these years, just how?”
 
“I know right. It doesn’t matter how. All that matter is, it is back with us. Just like a miracle, like how we are back together now. I’m sorry Hyun. I have been a bad husband to you. I’m really sorry.” I looked at Hyun pleadingly and lovingly, as to convey my deepest apologies and love to her. She got away from my back hug and turned to look at me straight in the eye. She looked at me with those big shiny eyes, with a vague expression. I took her hand and said, “Hyun, I’m really sorry. You can do whatever you want, say whatever you want. I deserve it. Please Hyun say something.”
 
“Whatever I want oppa?” she said as her lips turned into a smile. I nodded rather enthusiastically. Then her expression soften and looked at me with love, “Oppa all I need is you. I need you to always be with me and love me. Tell me if there’s anything wrong. We should discuss it. Don't keep it to yourself. Because I love you oppa.”
 
“Yes Hyun. Of course. I am so sorry. I will be better and I will stay with you always. No matter how it is, you are my Hyun,” I said hugging her tight. She laughed and hugged me back. “Okay oppa. Thank you. Are you hungry oppa? Let me cook for you. I miss cooking for you.”
 
“And I miss you. But let me do the cooking. It’s my turn to pamper you.”
 
“Aniya oppa. That’s okay. You just wait in the bedroom and I’ll cook for you okay. Don’t come out until I call you, okay?”
 
“Okay, okay. Whatever my queen wants,” I kissed her forehead and head to the bedroom. I lay down while waiting and listened to the sound of Hyun in the kitchen. I smiled feeling content. I am happy that Hyun is back again and this time I would never let her go.
 
I opened my eyes and took in the surrounding. I must have slept while waiting for Hyun but it feels like I’ve been asleep the whole time. I realized I was hugging the scarf. Did Hyun put it on me? I get off the bed to walk out. I know Hyun said that I should wait for her to call but I couldn't wait any more. That’s when I realized that it was pretty quiet. I didn’t hear the clanking of the pots or the sizzling of the food. I called out for Hyun nervously but loud enough for her to hear me.
 
Silence.
 
“Hyun?” I called again as I walked out of the bedroom. I was greeted by darkness and emptiness. “Hyun?” I tried again, louder. Still nothing. I walked to the kitchen and saw that everything is still in its place, undisturbed. Wait, I thought Hyun was home. She clearly was here; I hugged her last night, didn’t I? I collected my thoughts to recall what happen. I came in last night after all the incidence yesterday, and then took my shower. Then I had some fruits while thinking back of our memory. I rewatch a few scenes in We Got Married, especially the scene where Hyun gave me the scarf. I got tired and went to sleep, hugging the scarf. Then, I remember seeing Hyun and giving her the scarf. Wait.
 
It was a dream. I can’t believe it, that was just a dream. It feels so real. It couldn’t be a dream, I really felt Hyun. How could it just be a dream? Everything felt so real. This is unbelievable. I sat down and just stare at the empty kitchen. I felt the thump in my heart and went hollow. I felt empty and lonely. Then Hyun suddenly came to mind. This was how she sat and waited for me every night if she didn't fall asleep. She smiled everytime when I arrived, even though her eyes look tired and lonely. She greeted me lovingly and all I did was shouted at her or ignored her. What have you done Jung Yong Hwa? How could you let your beautiful, loving wife go through all that?
 
I need to make Hyun happy again. And I need to ask for forgiveness, just like in the dream. Yes, just like in the dream. 
 
I arrived at the studio for another practice session. As I was about to enter our recording room, something caught my attention. Is that Hyun? What is she doing here? Did she come to see me? She must have missed me? I'm sorry Hyun. Just as I about to call Hyun, I hear the boys singing. 
 
Neo eh geh nan hae jil nyok noh eul hceo reom ~~ Han pyon eui ah reum ta oon choo yok ee dwe go
 
I turned to look at the boys for a split second but when I turned back to look for Hyun, she's gone. Where did she go? She was just over there. I walked towards where I last saw her and looked around. But she's nowhere to be found. Did I just imagine her there? I walked into the recording room and the boys were still singing that nostalgic song. I sat down and closed my eyes, enjoying the song. 
 
"Oppa!" Hyun called. I was waiting for her to finish their concert. Hyun hugged me from the side as she came closer, and I hugged her back, kissing her forehead. 
 
"Congratulations for finishing your concert tour. You must be really tired travelling around the world. But Girl's Generation did it again. I’m so proud of you girls, you especially. My Goddess Hyun never failed to touch all your fans heart, especially your no 1 fanboy," Hyun laughed at my cheesy comment. 
 
"Oppa you are exaggerating. Choding!" She said as she gave me a merong. 
 
"Jinjja Hyun. You truly are amazing. And I heard the song well. Thank you. Your song writing skills are getting better. And the song really conveyed your feelings. It’s for me, right? I know it is. Don't deny it."
 
"Aish, choding Yong!" she flared her nose, acting as if she's angry. She is always shy and acted angry when I like this. I kissed her cheeks and whispered Thank You to her. She pushed me away and smiled shyly.
 
"Oppa, can't you wait for me to tell you myself. You always have to spoil my surprise."
 
"Sorry, sorry. I’m just happy Hyun. You wrote that song for me. You even gave me a heart from stage. Even though the fans were screaming saying that you gave the heart to them. Really thank you Hyun. I love you. And I miss you, you are gone to long."
 
"I love you too oppa. I worked really hard on composing and writing that song. I’m glad you like it. And I miss you too. I got lots of gifts for you. I'll give it to you later." We hugged for a little bit more, enjoying the moment. 
 
"Oh no, it's raining and I park the car right there. I didn’t bring the umbrella."
 
"How oppa? I don’t think they have an umbrella too."
 
"I suddenly thought of something. Remember 'The Classic'? Our song. We can do that. But you have to hold the car key so that you can unlock it right away."
 
"Are you sure oppa? Its gonna be wet."
 
"I'm fine if you are. I mean when can we experience this. I’ll sing it for you as we run."
 
"Choding. Okay then oppa. We have to run really fast okay." I smiled and took of my coat. I gave the car key to Hyun and placed the coat over our heads. 
 
"Ready Hyun?" I looked at her and she nodded with her eyes sparkling. I counted to three and we ran as fast as we can to the car, as I sang the song. Hyun unlocked the car as we get close and I opened the door for her. She entered and I ran quickly and got in the car. I looked at Hyun and she was looking at me with the same sparkling eyes and a big smile on her face. 
 
"That was fun and oppa you are drenched," she said. "Yah Hyun, that’s because I save you. And you look really excited." We looked at ourselves and back to each other. We were pretty drenched and we both laughed at our state. I started the car and switched on the heater to warm us, and drove away. 
 
"Hyung!!" 
 
I opened my eyes surprised. The boys were staring at me. I was lost in thoughts to that time when I heard that song. 
 
"Hyung, you okay?" asked Minhyuk.
 
"Yeah, I'm good. I was concentrating on listening if you guys made any mistake but you guys did well. Good job. I hope the practice would also be this good," I said, not going to admit to them what I was thinking about. 
 
"If you say so Hyung," said Jungshin with this smirk on his face. 
 
"Anyway, was Hyun here just now?"
 
"Aniyo Hyung. Why?" answered Jonghyun.
 
"Nothing. Alright lets start our practice," I said that so they wouldn't have to question me further regarding it. But did I really just imagine Hyun just now?

 



Part one success. I just got a text from Jungshin chingoo saying oppa saw me but didn’t know that if it was really me. I ran really hard to the emergency stairs in that split second oppa looked away from me. It was Hyoyeon unnie who signaled me to run. I knew oppa would stop and look at my brother-in-laws upon hearing the song. The others were scared that oppa won’t bother but trusted me on this. I was nervous for awhile too, because if oppa didn't stop, it would mean he no longer find meaning in the song. I was really glad when I ran because oppa stopped. That means there is still hope.
 
Hyoyeon unnie and I walked towards the recording room to see the situation. There I saw oppa sitting and closing his eyes, deep in thought. What is he thinking about? Could it be the moment after Girl’s Generation concert? The day we reenacted the scene. It was a really good memory and we had a good laugh. Oppa brought me to a good restaurant after to celebrate the end of the concert and to catch up with all the time we were away. Oppa really was sweet that night. He even prepared a bouquet of flower and sang a song for me. The song was describing his love for me and how much he missed me.  He even danced to our newest song. He really did a lot that night.
 
Smiling at the memory of the night, I looked at oppa again in the recording room. My brother-in-laws were taking pictures of oppa before shouting to wake oppa from his daydreaming. He looked really surprised and ashamed. I’m very sure now that oppa was thinking about us. Even the way he cover up his actions was choding. At least oppa is back to being choding, even though he didn’t want to admit it yet.
 
“Ready Seohyun for our next part?” Hyoyeon unnie poked me, surprising me.
 
“Oh, yes unnie. Lets go. But we definitely need to eat first, uri agi is getting hungry.”
 
“That’s just your excuse to eat,” teased Hyoyeon unnie. I laughed and we left the building. Oppa this is just the beginning.

 


 

I head home right away after practice. Hyun had made me lots of food and I don't want to waste it. As I was driving home, I was still thinking about the occurence with Hyun in the studio. I really thought it was Hyun. I didn't think that I would hallucinate. But then she vanished instantly. It's weird. 

This song on the radio, I turned up the volume. It is the song that Hyun like. 

"Oppa listen to this song. It's so good and the song is really sweet."

I looked at Hyun positioned herself to sing along to the song. Her musical self is tuning in. She sang the song passionately. I giggled looking at her. I took her hand and kissed it. 

"Buin ah, why do you have to be so cute in everything you do?" 

"Why? I was just singing the song."

"I know but the way you prepare yourself to sing it is as if you are on stage and you are singing it with lots of feel, even though we are only in the car."

Hyun intertwined our hands and smiled, "Well oppa, I'm just being me."

"I know sarang ah. Thats why I love you. You never let anything stop you from being you." 

She smiled and kissed my cheeks, which I chodingly accepted. 

Hoonnkk!

I got back to reality and saw the traffic light was green. I stepped on the pedal and drove home. 

"Hyun, I'm home."

I said to the empty house. I sighed as I took off my shoes. I walked towards the fridge and that's when I saw Hyun's back. Her back that I love watching as she prepared food for me. 

"Hyun! You're back home!" I walked towards her fast but stopped when the phone rang. It was Hyoyeon. She must have called to tell me about Hyun.

"Hyoyeon!"

"Yah Yonghwa. Are you free tomorrow night? Want to go grab dinner? Along with Seohyun. Bring the whole gang. Okay?"

"What? But Hyun is here with me."

I looked up and saw that Hyun is gone. 

"What are you talking about? Seohyun is here with me. Can't you hear her?"

I listened carefully and definitely I can hear Hyun talking in the background. 

"Yeah I can hear her." I walked towards the spot I saw Hyun and there was no trace of Hyun anywhere. 

"So dinner?"

"Yeah, sure sure. I'll bring the boys along."

"Great, see you tomorrow. Hey you miss your wife already? You even imagined her. Told you my plan worked."

"Yah. Don't tell Hyun about it or anyone."

"I'll think about it. Bye!"

And she hang up. I looked around and there's really no sign of Hyun. I must have really hallucinated. Hyun you're driving me crazy. I'm so sorry. 
 


 

I got out of the cabinet where I hid when oppa's phone rang. Aish this oppa. I told him not to leave the TV on if no one is watching, yet he just leave it on as he went to take a shower. Well it seems like he's eating the food I made, so that's good. At least I know he's eating fine but the beers are reducing too. Oppa shouldn't drink too much. But at least Plan 2 is successful. He paced around the kitchen for awhile before giving up. Now you know not to mess with Seo Joo Hyun. 

I left quietly to Hyoyeon unnie's car.

"Unnie the plan succeeded. Just as the phone rang, I gave it two seconds then straight away hide into the cabinet under the sink. He was pacing around. I wished I could get a video of his face." 

"That's good and the dinner is on. I was really scared the recording of your voice wouldn't be clear or something. It was a relief when he heard it. We managed to fool him. He will know not to mess with us anymore." 

"Yeah. I hope oppa would no longer felt this way."

"He won't Seohyun. I'm sure he still loves you."

I smiled at unnie as she drove away. I really hope that the plan would work out. I rubbed my stomach as I felt a slight pain. I'm sure its nothing. 

 


 

I was sitting in front of the TV, holding my phone. I was thinking of calling Hyun. I need to make some move at least. But I didn't have the courage. I'm embarrassed with myself for how I treated her. Now that I realized what I've done, I don't know how to face Hyun. Still it's better if I called beforehand right to see how she's doing, so that I know how to act tomorrow. Okay, I'll call her. 

Truut... Truut...

Truut... Truut...

Why is she not answering? She usually answered at the first ring. 

Truut... Truut...

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hyun ah. Oppa here."

"Oppa? What's wrong oppa?" Hyun answered weakly. Is she alright? 

"Nothing Hyun. Just wanted to call you to see how you are doing."

"I thought you need a week for yourself oppa. I'm not annoying you now?" 

Thump. 

She said it painfully. Hyun must be really hurt.  

"Hyun I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. Are you feeling okay? You sound like you're in pain."

"Are you really asking me that oppa? I'm sure you know the answer. Anyway oppa I need to go. Bye."

She hang up right away, not giving me any chance to speak any further. She sounded really cold. She must have been pretty hurt. What have you done Jung Yong Hwa. I really need to find a way to make her happy again. 
 

 

 


There you go, day 4. I know it is more on Yonghwa's POV. Thats because I just want to let him feel the sense of longing and pain as he remembers back all the good times. I'm sorry if I took to long. I hope the chapter is worth it. Thank you for reading. Do subscribe and comment. Have a good day!