Day 1

7 days

I woke up and see that oppa is still sleeping soundly. Looking at oppa, he does look tired but at least he’s peaceful in his sleep.

“Oppa no matter what happen, I will always be here loving you,” caressing his cheeks. I give a soft peck on his forehead and go to kitchen quietly, not wanting to wake oppa up.

While I was cooking breakfast and the lunchbox, oppa is already dressed to go out. “Oppa, where are you going this early? I thought that you need to be at the studio around noon.”

“I'm meeting a friend!” said oppa while putting on his shoes. “Well I made breakfast for you. Its your favorite,” while I laid it on the table.

“Hyun, I'm going out right? So definitely I'm eating out. Eat on your own, I'm leaving.”

I couldn't even say a word back and just look as oppa leaves. That’s alright, I’m gonna bring oppa lunchbox as a surprise. Himneyo Seohyunnie. Well I'll have to eat alone again then. Well I just finish up the lunchbox, eat, then head out to the clinic.

 


 

“Yonghwa yah, over here!”

I saw Hyoyeon sitting at the corner table and walked towards her. I called her yesterday because I need to tell someone about what I'm going through. I can't tell my members because all of them would definitely tell Hyun right away. They adore Hyun too much. Even though Hyoyeon is Hyun’s eonni, I can trust her to at least help me with what I'm going through without telling Hyun.

“Yah, why do you call me all of sudden and asking me not to tell anyone?”

“Well something’s wrong with me but I don't know what and I hope that you could help me.”

“Are you sick? Something you can't tell Seohyun!! Omo omo!”

“Yah! It's not that. Don't overreact. Listen. The thing is lately I've always felt annoyed with myself. I couldn't come up with any music or song or melody. Hyun has always been my muse and when I see her, she gave me new inspirations. But now, she no longer is that.”

I looked at Hyoyeon for awhile to see her reaction, but she just stare at me, surprise maybe, but attentively listening for sure. I know I made the right choice to call Hyoyeon.

“Now, everytime I see her, I felt frustrated. I keep on shouting at her, ignore her, come back late at night despite knowing that she cooked our meals everytime. I saw sadness in her eyes, yet it didn't stop me from doing all this. I just felt more miserable and frustrated.”

“Since when do you feel this way Yonghwa ah?”

“Well, I couldn't say really but I think it started a few days after you guys disbanded. You know how Hyun is always at home now, and it just felt different. I appreciate it the first few days, being welcomed by Hyun when I got back from work. But then slowly I felt like she got nothing else to do, other than entertaining me. She used to be this driven women, who loves her job and never give up until she is satisfied. But I don't see that anymore and it frustrates me. Seeing her at home frustrates me.”

Hyoyeon took a sip of her drink and stared at me intensely. Seems like she’s trying to figure me out or something out. It took awhile before she speaks.

“Have you talk to Seohyun about it?” I closed my eyes and shook my head. A thought came by, ‘I still do love her, right?’ Then suddenly I can hear a melody in my head, a song about how I’m feeling right now, about the thought I had.

Tell me whyy ~~~ Wae mami mami jakku heundeullini

Suddenly Hyoyeon’s ringtone broke my train of thought.

“Annyeong Seohyun ah.”

“Unnie!! Am I disturbing you? What are you doing?”

I saw Hyoyeon looked at me and I somehow knew Hyun was asking what she's doing, and I instinctively shook my head and signalled her to keep it a secret.

“Aniya. Im just lazying around. Wae?”

“Nothing. Just wanted to call you. I’m actually on my way to oppa’s studio to surprise him with my lunchbox!!”

“Is it? What's the occasion?”

“Nothing really. Just wanted to make oppa happy. He seemed tired lately, so I hope this would cheer him up.”

“That's good. That is so nice of you. Uri maknae is so lovable.”

“Hehe. Am I Unnie? Actually I do have a good news for oppa, not that I know about it til just now. I hope he will like it.”

“Really? What is it?”

“I want oppa to be the first to know. But since unnie already asked and I couldn't hide it. But unnie have to promise that oppa is the first to know.”

“Arasso. So what is it?”

“Unnie! I’m going to be a mother. I’m 3 weeks pregnant!!”

Suddenly Hyoyeon looked shocked after hearing Hyun said something. Then she looked at me, and I felt guilty all of a sudden. Did Hyun say something about us? What could she tell? Something I didn't know or something I did to her. Did I do anything to Hyun to make Hyoyeon react that way. I already told Hyoyeon a big chunk of the story. It must be a story from her side. I was about to continue listening to the conversation when Hyoyeon said goodbye and hang up. What did they talked about after? Jashik. Why did you lose focus Jung Yong Hwa!

“Why did Hyun called?”

“Eyy. Curious, is it? Well, you should talk to your buin more. But its nothing, its our normal chat.”

“Are you sure? It looked like Hyun told you something.”

“Yah! You're eavesdropping a ladies’ conversation. Shame on you. Haha.”

“Well?”

“Its best that you hear it out from Hyun herself.”

“I don't think its going to happen. I would only shout and feel frustrated at her when I see her.”

“Are you sure? Is that how bad you are feeling about uri Seohyun? Well as her unnie, I can't let you treat uri maknae like that. Here let me suggest you something. Why don't I bring Seohyun to stay with me for a week, starting today? You wont see her at home this one week and I’ll take care of her, so you don't need to worry about that.”

I looked at Hyoyeon wide eyed. What is she suggesting? Not having Hyun at home for a week. So I wont see her as much. Is that a good thing? But somehow I suddenly felt lighter hearing her suggestion. ‘Do I not love her anymore?’ No. No. I do love her. Stop it brain. I still do, right?

“Earth to Yonghwa! Deal? Well take it this way, this one week, have the home to yourself, Seohyun is a distraction, so I remove it from you for awhile. Rethink about how you feel. Rethink about what is Seohyun to you.”

“Yes, youre right. I should do that. I will. Yes, you can take Hyun for a week.”

“Great, then it's a deal. Anyway, I thought you need to be in the studio in half an hour. So I’m off now. Make sure you go to the studio.”

“Okay okay. Thanks Hyoyeon.”

“Anytime! Go to the studio.”

Hyoyeon left and I just sat there for awhile. Am I really doing the right thing? But it sounds about right. I need to rethink all the things. I do. I am doing the right thing. I know I am. Right?

 


 

I reached the studio and saw all my brother-in-laws chatting.

“Annyeong everyone!”

“Seohyun! What are you doing here?” said Jungshin chingoo as he come to me and hugged me, followed by Minhyuk and Jonghyun oppa.

“Nothing really. Just wanted to surprise oppa with my lunchbox. I also brought one for each of you.”

“Uwaa, uri sister-in-law is the best!” said Minhyuk while opening his lunchbox. It’s great to see my brother-in-laws again after awhile. Reminded me of our We Got Married days.

Jonghyun oppa asked, “How are you doing Seohyunnie?”

“Im doing fine, oppa. I got to relax after so long. I got to do a lot of things that I didn't do before. Its been fun. But can I ask a question?”

“Of course!” said Jonghyun oppa.

“What is it Seohyun?” said Minhyuk.

“Anything!” said Jungshin chingoo, all at the same time.

I laughed, amused seeing my brother-in-laws reaction. They really are oppa’s donsaengs.

“Well, is something wrong with oppa lately?”

They all think about it carefully and Jungshin chingoo answered it first.

“He seemed tired lately. And I think he’s frustrated because he couldn't come up with any songs. And I think he's pressuring himself in completing it fast.”

“I see. Is there anything else?”

“Why twin sister? Did hyung do anything to you?”

“No, no. He's just usually tired and come back home late at night. I tried talking to him but he won't tell me what's wrong. I know something is bothering him but I don't know what. That's why I come today, hoping to cheer him out.”

“That's really nice of you Seohyun ah. I wish Seungyeon would do that to me more often.”

“Yah hyung, both of you are so cheesy already. Even after your marriage, your love just got more intense,” squirmed Minhyuk.

“You and Krystal are the same. So lovable all the time,” said Jungshin chingoo.

I laughed, watching them. I miss this. I should have come here more often and spend time with them and oppa. Yes I should do that from now on. Its not like I have much to do at home.

“Anyway, Im sure it will be alright. We will take care of hyung and update you if anything, alright twin?”

“Okay. Thank you so much guys. When is oppa coming?”

“He should be here any minute,” said Jonghyun oppa.

While watching them eat, my phone rang and its Hyoyeon unnie. I excused myself from them, not wanting to bother them.

“Ne unnie?”

“Seohyun ah, do you want to come and stay with your lonely unnie for a week?”

“Eh? Really unnie? But why?”

“Aniya. Just for fun, we can have our girls hangout again after awhile. Its just for a week.”

“A day or two is fine but for a week. What about Yong oppa? Who will make him his food and prepare his clothes?”

“He’ll do fine. He is a grown man and while we were still busy with our activities, he survived. Anyway, I already asked him first and he said he is fine with it.”

“What? Oppa is fine with it?”

Did oppa not care about me? Its fine for him that I will be gone for a week. Sure we are used to it before when we have different schedules and all that, but its been awhile now. Im always home.

“Yah Seohyun. Are you listening? Yonghwa really said its fine and I’m picking you up at your house at 4pm. So make sure you are ready.”

“Ne unnie. Ill see you later then.” Its not that I can reject it. Well its just for a week and I can come back whenever I want, it's not that far. But oppa really didn't mind?

“Is Yonghwa there yet?”

“Aniyo unnie. I'm still waiting for him.”

“Aish that namja. Well he should be there soon I suppose.”

“Ne unnie. That's what Jonghyun oppa said too. I'll wait for him.”

“Arasso. Okay I'll see you later then maknae. Annyeong.”

“Annyeong.” Unnie hang up and I just stood there for awhile, having this mixed feelings. Oppa really didn't mind, keeps occurring in my head.

“Hyun?” I turned around to that familiar voice of mine.

“Oppa! You're here already. Surprise!” Do I look okay? I don't look to down, right?

“What are you doing here?”

“I'm here to surprise you. I brought lunch for you. It's in the studio. Come lets go eat.”

“Was that Hyoyeon just now on the phone?”

So he heard us. How long has he been there then? Did he see me contemplating?

“Yeah, it was. She invited me to sleep at her house for a week. And you already know that. Is it really alright?”

“Sure, just go. It should be fun. Don't have to worry about me.”

“You don't mind not seeing me for a week?”

“No, not really. I actually feel better. At least I won't be annoyed this one week from seeing you.”

Thump.

I went speechless after that. I couldn't believe oppa just said that. Oppa looked surprised for awhile, then changed back into his poker face. I could feel tears gathering in my eyes but I tried to hold it in. Is that how he feels about me all this while? I mean he never tells me what's wrong and now he said that he's annoyed to see me. I gathered my courage and asked him, “Are you saying this for real oppa?”

He just stares at me, then looked down. But he didn't answer me, yet I know his answer is yes. It hurts me more.

“I see. Well then I guess I should be off then. I’ll go home and pack then. Your lunchbox is in the studio. Eat it.” I walked and took my bag in the studio. My brother-in-laws were all surprised to see me. I guess I couldn't control my emotion. I bid them goodbye and left. Then I suddenly heard oppa asked, “Hyoyeon told me that you have something to tell me. What is it?”

I almost forgot that I am pregnant. I don't feel like telling him now, not like this.  Without looking at him, I said, “Well I was going to tell you while we were eating but since that isn’t happening. And since oppa didn't even bother about me leaving for a week. It can wait.” Then I just walked away, no longer can hold on to the tears.

 


 

Hyun just left without turning back. I could hear her sniffing. She must be crying. Aish Jung Yong Hwa, why did you have to tell her that? Sure that's what you're feeling but she didn't need to know. Babo Jung Yong Hwa. Now she won't even tell you what it is and you have to wait. Serves you right. No, no. I wanted this. Free my mind from Seo Joo Hyun. I won't be seeing her in a week. I should be feeling better. But Im dying to know!!

I walked into the studio and the boys stopped chatting.

“What are you guys talking about? A secret that you need to stop when I walked in.”

“Hyung, Seohyun were here awhile ago but she just left after a phone call but we couldn't ask why,” said Minhyuk.

“I know. I saw her and we talked.”

“Then you're the one who makes her like she wanted to cry?” Jungshin asked boldly. This boys adored Hyun too much.

“Don't bother. Shes’s my wife. Just take care of your own wife and girlfriends,” I shouted and right away start working on the same melody I heard at the café. This is good, I finally got a song to write.

 

 

 


Hi guys. So here's the first chapter. I hope you like it. I'm on my way in writing the second chapter. So please be patient. Well please subscribe and comment. 

Thank you for taking your time in reading my story.