Comeback

Eleven

“Krystal?”

“Krystal?”

“Are you not listening?”

They are sitting under the Oak tree in the centre park of Engineering Faculty, sharing lunch box together as usual. They were just finishing Professor Yook’s class, Ethan’s most favorite professor. Ethan is usually very cool and uiet but he always praises and talks about Professor Yook after his class in Tuesday noon. There’s always something new which is brought by Professor Yook in his class either his new invention or something he worked together with his partners. Ethan said that Professor Yook is one in a million, because it’s very hard right now to seek Professor who motivates their student to grant an invention. Profesor commonly only teaching in basic style of Teacher Center Learning, instead of Student Center Learning. This reason is what makes Ethan said that he’ll definitely will set up himself to get place in Professor Yook’s laboratory. While Krystal, she’s simply loving Professor Yook, but can’t relate to his invention since, she is not interested in Hydrology.

 

....

“...hu?” she replied shortly right after the boy in front of him pressed her nose.

“Are you daydreaming?”

“N—no. What are you just saying? Profesor Yook? ...or calculus?”

“Forget it,”

“Ya... don’t be upset, Ethan,” she pouted knowing that Ethan is upset. It’ not everyday tthat boy talked so long, so she knows that once the boy did, he’ll never repeat it.

She then suddenly Ethan’s hair softly, persuading him to tell her again. She knows Ethan’s weakness.

“Y-y-ya! I said never do any skinship to me. N-never! It’s not even turning me,” Ethan said while looking straightly at the building in front of him, avoiding Krystal’s eyes.

 

“Then why are you not listening?”

“Just..., Inhwan is insane,”

“You know he is,” Ethan rolled his eyes while picking a slice of sandwich from his lunchbox.

“But today is the MOST!” Krystal convinces him, looking at the boy with wide eyes.

“Why?”

“He was bumping into me this morning in my locker, asking for Yoon Sehwa’s number. Yeah, only for that,”

“What do you mean by only for that?”

“Yeah, like...only for asking her number! Nothing else! He even tailed me around this faculty to get my answer,”

“...and?”

“Of course I didn’t give! I thought he was playing with me!”

“I think it’s not only for that. It’s a big thing or him, it’s worth it. He is in love, you know,” he said without any burden feeling while getting his box into his bag.

“....with Yoon Sehwa? Really?” she gasps in shock.

“In fact, since in the elementary school. Yoon Sehwa was my classmate, she got a lot of attentions from a lot of boys. Girls got jealous and bullied her in return, but Inhwan was always there to save her. Inhwan is a blabber mouth to us, but a coward when it comes to love. He never tried to approach Sehwa. Never even once. He may be the worst bully for us, but actually if you look closer during his activity, he only did that to people he thought he close with. Inhwan’s very uiet when he’s in the other places, in the middle of nowhere even in his faculty. Hwang Inhwan you saw some days ago when Sehwa was in your house, is the usual Inhwan which common people often see. It’s very hard to approach people with such personality, that’s why girls think that he is very very charming,”

 

 

Silence fills the space between them. Krystal didn’t think anything but just let a little laugh. For her, the story of Inhwan’s is just funny.

 

“I feel guilty,”

“Then help him,”

“I don’t want to! Oh, is it conspiracy between you two?”

“Up to you,” Ethan is looking at the other side then reading his book, ignoring Krystal.

“Ya! Don’t act like that, it’s torturing, you know. I have a plan for us this evening, would you like to join?” she continues eating the fruits in her lunch box.

“What’s it?” he’s still reading, without looking at Krystal.

“Today, EXO is comeback as 12 and they asked me to come to his stage in M-Countdown. Let’s go together!”

“I can’t. I have an appointment at 4pm to do research with Kim Soo Hwan, Jang Yoo Lim, and Satoe Yananose. But I can take you there,”

 

-xxxx-

 

Krystal just arrived in the studio where EXO had their comeback performance. Once she was getting out of Ethan’s car, she was greeted with not-so-friendly stares by the fangirls of EXO’s and the strange atmosphere surround her. Most of EXO fans knew that Krystal was EXO’s neighbour who suddenly also became their bestfriend. They are jealous of the state where Krystal’s in because she got lots of attention from the member, even Kai said it himself in an interview that Krystal is the girl he would always like to take care of.

 

 

 

“Look at her...”

“She’s not ashamed of herself,”

“...distracting our oppa,”

“...who does she think she is!”

“...just if she’s not the niece of Lee Soo Man’s...,”

 

 

 

 

Damn.

She really wants to shut all of them and go away uickly. It’s very hard for her to break through the crowd since lots of fans are waiting for the boys and the attendance of Krystal’s is even making the crowd goes worse. Everyone wants to see that girl who is being EXO’s lovely dongsaeng and how good she is. Krystal found it very, very disturbing. He’s not even knowing who EXO is before she even came to Korea. There’s nothing she did wrong with that and it’s not her choice to be in one building with EXO members.

 

“So, you’re the girl who Jongin oppa always wants to take care of?!” sudenly, a random girl in the middle of the crowd shouts to her while sharing a death glare.

She decides not to answer and just focusing in the queue, but seems like the random girl is not letting her away.

“Answer me!” she challenges Krystal once again, but Krystal stays still.

“You really try to get into my nerves!” she said again and take some steps toward Krystal.

She is in front of Krystal right now. That random girl is very short compared to Krystal, so she needs to lift up her head a little while shouting at Krystal.

“..WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS BEING SILENT YOU B—biit...,”

Before she could continue her curse, suddenly a boy appears and grab Krystal by shoulder tightly and whisper at her ear, “..lets go,”

That girl is being left in shock.

“Sehun oppa!”

Krystal is surprised but totally happy but also mad at that time, because Sehun keeps holding her shoulder while breaking through the crowd. Krystal then leans her body closer to him while a fan try reaching her to hurt her. That guy keeps saying “Sorry” and  “Excuse me” while putting that bright smile on his face and holding Krystal’s shoulder. Sometimes his thumb is carressing her shoulder to calm her down when a fan try shouting at her again. He definitely loves that moment, because sometimes he pulls Krystal closer to his body until her hair is touching her nose when the crowd gets tighter. He love the scent of her hir, her neck, and everything about her. She definitely drives him insane that he can sacrifice everything for her even his career right now. He secretly wants to freeze the moment forever.

 

“Now you safe,” he said, with that common bright smile after they arrives in EXO’s  waiting room.


“You should just let me go!! They’ll kill me for sure later!”

“Here,” he ignores Krystal and put his jacket on her, then serving a cup of green tea for her. The other members are not in the waiting room, so it’s only the two of them right now.

“Why are you saving me? You know the fans will hate me even more!” she protested.

“I don’t care..,” he said, still smiling.

“I care!”

“I’ll protect you,”

Heol. Protect yourself!”

He just chuckles then putting Krystal’s hair behind her ears. He is carressing Krystal's cheek right now, “Listen, you need to do something for me in return,”

“In return?! Ya! Oh Sehun! Don’t ever you dare saving me if you just ask for—“

 

“—cheer for me when I’m on stage,”

 

 

 

He is hesitating to continue his words or not.

 

 

 

“...like you did to Ethan when he’s on field,”

 

-xxxx-

 

Author's: I think I'll post a special chapter in the next post. What is it?

Just wait ;)