Hwang Inhwan

Eleven

What a crowd.

Krystal just arrived some minutes ago, and now looking for place to seat. Ethan asked her to sit in B section, so that he can ensure Krystal is coming, but the problem is there’s no empty seat in B section. She is looking around everywhere, while feeling fed up because she can hear the girls in that section are talking about her when she’s passing by.

“Oh, that’s Krystal Jung,” “Yeah, she always tries to get close to Ethan,” “I heard that she’s obsessed with him,” “Yeah, she’s really obsessive, always following Ethan,” “Is she not even ashamed of herself?

Get a life! If just it’s her home country, Krystal will totally attack those girls.

“Oppa, can I sit here?” a girl is doing her aegyo towards a man on the other side of the section. It’s been the fortieth or fiftieth girl to ask him like that in an hour, “No, it’s occupied,” he just answers coldly, still keeping his bag besides him. “But, I’ve been looking for this seat for an hour, there’s no one here! Oppa, are you even avoiding me?”

“KRYSTAL JUNG!” that man called Krystal, when he saw that Jung girl is roaming around the section in confused. And for your information, he just called him very, very loudly, which most people in the section can notice them. Krystal turns her head and sighs to see who it is. That guy is pointing at the seat beside her, and Krystal has no other choice but to approach him.

“Now if you please..,” he pointed his hand on the other side, try to drive off the aegyo girl.

Krystal, who is just coming, was glared by that girl before she’s leaving. She just tried not to look at her, then sit beside that guy. Now, every girls in section B are whispering something to the others and looking at Krystal annoyingly.

“I hate you,”

“It’s okay, I hate you too,” that guy is looking at Krystal then pinch her cheek, “It hurts!” she slapped that guy’s  back in return, “Argh! It’s your punishment for being late you know!” he pinches the other side of her cheek, “Ya! Hwang Inhwan!” she now slaps his shoulder, making him groaned.

“It’s oppa! Inhwan Oppa! How many times do I have to tell you? Are you even deaf? A student of MIT can’t learn a simple thing, huh? Aish, you’re just the same with Ethan, not even using honorifics to call me. What are you guys? Twin?”

“Twin, my ,”

Meet Hwang Inhwan, Ethan’s relative from his mother side. Hwang family is known to be very rich for running a famous car company in South Korea. Inhwan is the only inheritor from his family. His parents are expecting their only son to be the successor and taking Economics major in his college, but later he refused. He wants to study medical and be a doctor.

And how does Krystal Jung know all the history of his?

Well, it’s still not the end.

His parents then give up on him and let him to study medical. But later, his father is diagnosed to have a disease which cannot let him to work harder. He has to spend more time in resting and only go to office in spare time, but his father did the opposite. This situation let him courting catastrophe: in which his condition is getting worse and worse. In the desperation of his father’s, Inhwan realized that being his successor is the only way to make him stop working too hard. He later took short stay in US, pausing his Medical study in order to study Economics in Harvard University for 2 and half years. During that time, Inhwan lived in Krystal’s house because her father is a close friend of her father’s back then in senior high school and university.

That was the hardest time which Krystal ever had, in HER LIFE. Yes, Hwang Inhwan is such a huge distraction to her because he’s always all noisy, commanding and really loves to pick on her. He always took Krystal everywhere that everyone mistaken him as her boyfriend. But actually the only thing which pissed her off so bad is when he said to all of her friends in MIT that he was her maternal brother who lived in South Korea. Those Asian girls in her department who fell for him suddenly jumped in happiness seeing the chance of being Inhwan’s girlfriend. They later attacked her with uestions, interrogation and letters to bring. Yes, she’s just an owl to Harry Potter guy named Hwang Inhwan during his stay. She only has to live her life delivering his mail from his fans everyday.

Krystal really hates it when she can’t live her life in peace.

And that’s why she really hates Hwang Inhwan for the time being.

The game is just going to be started and both team players are now being called by the announcer. All audiences from B section are SNU students, and eventhough they shout the name of their almamater’s, she can still hear clearly that many girls are shouting Ethan’s name. She just claps hardly when Ethan is going in the field. His eyes really look like looking for something in the B section and when he sees Krystal, he reflectly waves at her and smiles brightly. He suddenly forgets all the anger he clings on her. Krystal just waves at him back and saying ‘fighting!’ with no sound from , Ethan responds her with a nod.

“Well, well. You’re dating my brother?”

 “Shut up, you cow,” and that’s how Krystal cursed. She just used random animals to curse at anyone.

Inhwan laughs uncontrollably, “Cow? You’re still so bad at cursing you know. Ah, my stomach hurts,” he still laughs at her curse, “...cow—Argh! Stop slapping it hurts!” he complained after Krystal slapping him again in his shoulder to shut him, and now she does more.

“I hate you. You always make me feel like living hell everyday!”

“Ya! Don’t you even have any respect to the elders?!”

 

-xxxx-

 

“It’s a wrap!”

“Thank you,” everyone’s bowing to the cameramen, “.. thank you for your hard work,” Suho said to all the workers there and get to rest with the other members on a bench. They just finished their photoshoot for the upcoming magazine of K-Pop in the park which bit close to the stadium where Krystal is now in. They’re talking, joking together, laughing at Baekhyun’s stupid action and enjoying the view of afternoon sky in the park without any distraction from sasaengs. Only themselves, and their own second family.

“I can’t wait for our first album as 12,” Suho said fatherly in the middle of their jokes, which everyone find it kind of cheesy. Everything which goes out from Suho just always sounds cheesy to them.

“Nado, hyung,” Lay who is respecting Suho a lot, replied.

“Sehun-ah! What are you doing?” Baekhyun asked to Sehun who seem to pick some flowers from the park. He then runs toward his hyungs and place himself between Baekhyun and Xiumin.

“Nothing, just to give them to Krystal. She loves lily,”

“How did you know?” Jongin, who seems to be tired and silent some minutes ago got interested to the topic.

“Just...she planted lily in her apartment since the first time she moved in, but failed. Also when I take her to college, she always asks me to pass the road which have many lily around.”

“Has she done with the match?” Chanyeol asked suddenly.

“I’ll text her,” Sehun replied while taking out his phone.

“Sehun-ah, is something going on with you lately?” Baekhyun asked out of the blue.

“E-eh,” he lift his head from looking at the phone, not focusing in Baekhyun’s question “..what do you mean?”

“Nothing. Just tell me if something is going on,”

Hmm?” he still doesn’t get what Baekhyun said, but just nod, “..ne,”

 

-xxxx-

 

The game is just over with the glory for SNU, Ethan plays big role in that victory. It should’ve made Krystal happy, but all she just can feel is madness because Inhwan keeps pissing her off during the game. Evem she cannot concentrate at all to the game. She actually includes that guy into one of her bestfriends, yet also one of her list of most hateful persons in the world. She’s getting up while looking at Ethan on field giving sign to ask her to get down.  Inhwan saw the picture of Ethan who interact with Krystal, then suddenly hold her hand to get down together, which pissed her even more and more and more.

“Can you just walk alone, Hwang Inhwan?”

“I can. But it’s no fun,”

“So is it fun enough for you?”

“I guess. Let’s go,”

Krystal sighs in unsatisfacttion for letting this mate win again. She just doesn’t like o debate with the owner of blabbery mouth called Hwang Inhwan. All the way when she’s going down from the bench, she can tell clearly that everyone is looking at them. Hwang Inhwan is just the same with Ethan Lee, surrounded by lots and lots of fangirls. Some of them even call the brothers as ‘flawless genetics’, which never failed to make Krystal burst in laugh. Hwang Inhwan is no cool for her, and Ethan Lee is just full of nags. How can, girls?

Ethan made his way closer to them while both are going down. He raise one of his eyebrows to see his brother and Krystal are holding hand together, and suddenly chuckled. Those both are always fighting toward each other and he bet something just happened again this time.

“Krystal Jung! How dare you come late to—,” he still let his words unfinished when Krystal suddenly attacks his body with a hug, the tight ones.

“Congratulation! You did great!!” Ethan doesn’t reply at the hug. Instead, he just stand thre stiffly, not knowing what to do then start pattting Krystal’s back awkwardly. It’s not the first time for her to hug him, but still, he cannot used to it for no scientific reason. It’s not like he’s unhappy about it. He feels very very happy everytime she does that, and still, for no scientific reason. It’s just like he wants her to do it more often, and he may do everything to have it everyday. And still, it’s for no scientific reason.

“T-thank you,”

She suddenly break the hug when her phone rang in her bag, made her surprised.

“Oh, Sehun-ah? You guys are outside? Yeah, the game is just over. I’ll go there soon. Wait,” she hungs up then pats Ethan’s shoulders still being in proud of her bestfriend.

“My brothers just arrived. I’ll see you all soon! Have a nice weekend!” she said while leaving.

“..oh—okay,” Ethan just muttered, still blank, until he feels someone is leaning on him, hugging him tight to the state he cannot breathe.

“Congratulation! You did great!!!” Inhwan said with duck voice in English, mimicking Krystal.

“Ya! Ya! Ya! HYUNG!”

 

-xxxx-