Oh Sehun

Eleven

He was there replacing Kris’ position on the other day: stand in front of the view of Seoul’s while holding the fence, in balcony. He just confessed to Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae about what he saw and felt. He can only tell them because those three are hyungs whom he always trust. Now, he was torn to know it himself. He was regretting to acknowledge his own feeling because he’s pretty uncomfortable right now. He should be only living his life unknowing that he fell for Krystal. He should be living his life in a foolish state that he just like to involve himself around Krystal. Simple as that. But now, everything turns out that he is recognizing his own feeling. He felt upset and disappointed, he felt very bad for his bandmate, he only lets his selfishness to fill himself.

Chanyeol said it is okay.

Baekhyun said that he supported Sehun.

Jongdae said that people can never resist when it comes to love.

Three of them show how supportive they’re toward him, but he pays them back by rumour and news which corner the life of their own band—something that bonds them. And that’s all only for the first love of his life, Jung Krystal. A girl he knew he could never reach, a girl that he knew he could never get, a girl he knew he could never have the love. Jung Krystal is a dream for every men: smart, beautiful, independent, open minded, and not-so-easy to get. While Oh Sehun? Yeah, he is a dream of every girl’s in Korea, but the dirty ones. They always think of Sehun as a who pleased them as they wished. Sometimes Sehun read through Fanfiction the fans made of him, and he found it was offending because he was portrayed as a gay, or a maniac just because of his y dance on stage. Yeah, Oh Sehun can only dance on stage, he can’t sing because his voice is nowhere to Jongdae, Baekhyun, or Kyungsoo. He can dance but he’s still under Jongin’s skill.

Seriously, what could he do for good?

He thinks deeply about how different he is with Krystal. Krystal is a student of two best schools in the world: MIT and SNU, while Oh Sehun is only a member of rookie boy band who only knew how to dance.

He laughs ironically at the reality of how wrong he picked someone to love.

That’s why he said that even in a million years, he can never be able to deserve Krystal.

 

“This girl is my girlfriend!”

 

Sehun takes a deep breath, Ethan’s words this morning really have stabbed him badly. It resounds in his ears for million times today, he knew that Ethan should be the right one for her. That Ethan boy, tsk, Sehun knew that he will never get nowhere near to him. He suddenly laughs again ironically at how insecure he had been because of the feeling. He, once again, is regret at the way he falls in love. It really shouldn’t be this way, he thought.

He takes a deep breath, and deeply swims in the river of his thoughts again, tonight.

-xxxx-

 

“Ack! Can you be a little more gentle?” Krystal groans when Inhwan is cleaning her forehead and changing her bandage. Ethan is on the other side of Krystal’s bed, covering his eyes from a scary sight of it because the stitch has not been fully closed.

“It’s common to feel pain when your injure is getting touched, so just bear a little, okay?” Inhwan said softly, not the usual Inhwan whom Krystal always saw. She then frowns and asks him frontally, “Why are you always being another person when I was sick, huh? Are you pity of me?”

Yes, always. Because when Inhwan stayed in her house back then when that boy studied in US, he also took a good care of Krystal everytime she was sick. He talked to her softly and was very gentle.

“What do you mean by another person, huh? I’m commonly like this, but it’s you the one who can never control your temper. However, you’re my patient everytime you’re sick, so how can I be so harsh towards my patient?”

“Ooooh, Inhwan is so cool, isn’t he? Are you still not going to give permission for him to be with Yoon Sehwa, huh?” Ethan then laughs after teasing Inhwan, in which Inhwan only replied him by a death glare. Krystal is not answering because he is too busy enduring the pain in her forehead, he only wants Inhwan to finish his job soon.

 

“Done,” he said, then get off of Krystal’s head from his lap, put it on a bed. Krystal is going to grab a pillow when suddenly Inhwan is preventing her, “Don’t, let your blood circular flows first. Wait about an hour. I’m gonna take your medicine,” he said, then go to the kitchen.

“Are you okay, Jung?” Ethan said while putting his hand on her cheeks, checking her temperature. He didn’t know when is exactly he started being comfortable to do skinship like this to a girl. He never realized of how Krystal has changed him.

Krystal only nods, she is getting a massive headache now after her bandage gets changed by Inhwan. Ethan then holds her hand in his. That girl is very weak right now, he can feel it by the touch of her hand, she has no stregth at all to even lift her hand.

“D..don’t you dare, Ethan Lee,” she said weakly, while having her eyes closed.

“What?”

“H..holding my hand.. I—I’m not your girlfriend,”

Ethan only chuckles at how Krystal is still being the same even in this condition, “..don’t be too mean, I try bailing you out,”

“Bailing me out of tiger’s cage then put me in the crocodile’s? H—how lovely. I’ll surely be killed by y—your f..fangirls,” she is getting more stuttered because her temper is increasing again at Ethan’s answer. She is seriously very easy to get mad at everything. Especially in this condition.

“Mine is not as wild as Sehun, right?”

“...heol, you two are just the same. Are you and Inhwan really going to spend a night in my apartment?”

“Yeah, Inhwan’s instruction. I cannot do anything toward that. He is saying there should be someone who look after you 1x24,”

“How dictator.., what will my father say if he knows that her daughter spends night with two men?”

“I think he will like it,” Ethan , she only rolls her eyes and close her eyes.

This afternoon, his dad was calling her after reading news about her and Ethan dating. Her dad is very protective to her when it comes to guy, but he is very very open towards Ethan and Inhwan. Her dad said that she should be marrying a guy like those two, so when her dad knew this news, he was very happy and asked her if it’s true. At that time, she has no other answer than saying yes, because her father has scolded her for a week after the rumour of her and Sehun. This news can clear up everything to him that she is doing great in South Korea, not dating a boyband member (which he called stranger in the phone), but a well-educated man namely Ethan Lee.

Mr. Jung also called Hwang Inhwan to ask if it’s true, and of course Inhwan is exaggerating everything to Krystal’s dad about her relationship with Ethan. Inhwan even said that the two are getting serious and ready to take higher stage (..what?), and that he will always take care of his soon to be sister in law (..what?). He picked up the call in front of Krystal, so it was full of slaps when Mr. Jung hung up.

“..oh, Annyeonghaseyo,” Inhwan unlocks the door when he heard someone’s knocking. Those are the members of EXO want to pay a visit to Krystal.

“Ah, hyung, Krystal has been at home already? How could you’re not telling us?” Kyungsoo said as he entered Krystal’s apartment.

“I have no time to do that, Kyungsoo-ya. She is having really bad temper right now. You know, she usually does but today is the worst, I can explode,”

“Ya, hyung-ah! You’re the one who can handle that all the time,” Jongdae teased.

“..yeah, but today is a bad luck,” he said then responded by laughs of Jongdae and Kyungsoo.

“She’s in her room, if you guys want to check,”

“I want to steal ice cream in her refrigerator first,” Minseok said, and not only Minseok, three of the members are following him.

“Just eat all up, hyung! She’s forbidden to eat cold foods,” Inhwan said, and Minseok only replied him with a grin.

It was very noisy to have all 12 in Krystal’s apartment right now. Even though her apartment is big enough to even accommodate 20 people, yet it’s still very noisy. Neighbours may have mistaken them to have a party right now. Those 12 are going there to visit Krystal, but the reality is that most of them are going around and looking something for themselves. Minseok, Jongdae, Tao and Luhan are going to the kitchen, Kris is checking the foyer, Suho, Chanyeol, Lay and Jongin are turning the TV on. Only Sehun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, the ones who visit her room.

They are surprised at the sudden view in her room, but of all, of course Sehun is the most surprised one. They were entering without knocking first, then seeing Krystal was laying there weakly with Ethan on her side, holding her hand.

“Whoa! Congratulation!” Kyungsoo who doesn’t know anything cheered them. Krystal suddenly pulls her hand off of Ethan’s and pouted, “.......w-what are you congratulating, huh?” she seems a bit stammer, but her cheeks said it all. Even though she was pretty pale at that time, there’s a blush there after being caught.

Sehun smiles at her act, she still managed looking so beautiful even when she’s sick, “We knew the news, Jung-ah. We’re happy for you both,” Sehun said while his heart feels like being teared up. It hurts too much for him.

“N—no. I’m not dating this guy, are you even trusting the media more than me, Sehun-ah?”

What?

“...what do you mean by this guy, huh?” Ethan protested.

She’s not dating Ethan Lee?

“Are you guys not dating?” Baekhyun said, knowing right what is in Sehun’s mind right now.

They explained everything. That camera accident, Ethan’s anger that leads into a mistaken statement, his effort to save Krystal from media, and such. Sehun is relieved, and his smile is geting wider while listening to the story. He thought that he could never be around Krystal anymore, but he is wrong. He lets out a heavy sigh, and Krystal notices it.

“What are you sighing for, Sehun-ah?” Krystal asked in curiosity.

“...n—no, it’s just—damn what should I say to her?—today is a bit tiring than usual, so...yeah, feel a bit tired,” Sehun stuttered at sudden interrogation by her, and try his best putting a smile on, while Baekhyun on the other hand is shooting a death glare for being too obvious.

“..yep, visitation time is now over,” Inhwan said while entering Krystal’s room, bringing a napkin with glass of water and medicines on it. All the visitors are looking at Inhwan, being confused at what he just said, “...what do you mean, hyung?” Baekhyun asked, representing all the confused visitors.

“She needs a rest, and you all need to get out, including you..,” he points at Ethan.

“What? I’m going back to house?”

“No. Stay with the other members in their dorm,”

“Why can I be here or just go home?”

“She needs a rest, Ethan-ah, and how should I go back to house tomorrow if there’s no you,” Inhwan said without looking at him, still busy preparing the medicine and foods.

“What about you?” Krystal now asked.

“Of course I’m staying in your room, I need to take care of baby Jung,” he said without looking at the subject again, Krystal replied him with a glare.

Ethan frowns at his brother’s treatment. He sighs and Kyungsoo seems to read this situation. He fully understands that Ethan is not that close to the members. He knows all of them, but he never intimately talks to them even once. Unlike Inhwan nor Krystal, he tend to always be silent when the members are around. Staying in their dorm may be a bit hard for him without Inhwan around.

“You can stay at Sehun’s room, I think you two will be okay since you both are in the same age. Also, Sehun doesn’t mind with that, right Sehun-ah?,” Kyungsoo said to him and took a peek at Sehun.

 

The maknae is remaining silence while the real battle is happening in his mind. He is very afraid if everything is awkward and Sehun cannot relate to Ethan’s jokes or story because however Ethan is a foreigner to him. All visitors now are looking at him, waiting for his response, Sehun seems a bit uncomfortable now because they may think that he wants to reject Kyungsoo’s offer.

“Yes, I can share my room with you. It’s a bit messy, but please be comfortable,” Sehun finally said.

 

-xxxx-

 

Author's: Hola! I'm sooooo happy with all of your responses toward this story! I hope you guys will be more and more liking it. I promised to you all that this story is worth your time, hehe. I'm also very thankful for all subscribers and loyal readers for being patient because I know, the pace of this story is soooo slow. I myself can't wait to the next chapter! What will Ethan and Sehun talk/do in Sehun's room? Should I put bromance between those competitors of Jung Krystal? :p

(For those who may wonder about the honorifics of some EXO members put for Inhwan, he is 91-line. Even though he is now forth year student (should be one year older than Krystal and Ethan), he'd ever paused his school for going to US as I wrote in Hwang Inhwan chapter)