Ethan Lee

Eleven

“Here you go..,” Sehun opened the car’s door for Krystal and she just let out a heavy sigh.

“I hate the way you treat me,”

“Why?”

“I can’t pay a butler,”

Sehun laughs, he always loves the way Krystal misunderstood the good manner.

“You need to read more books about Koreans, then. We’re super-duper mega nice,”

“Talk to yourself. I gotta go. Ethan is waiting,” she waves at Sehun and goes straight to her department.

“Text me if you’re done!”

Krystal just showed her hands which sign an ‘OK’ without looking back at him. She’s in rush because of being late for 5 minutes. Ethan doesn’t like not-so-on-time person, and usually will nag her if she’s late even for 30 seconds. Gee.

 

“Moin-moin!”

“5 minutes, Krystal Jung. 10 points reduced from Slytherin,”

“What the—hey! How come I am the Slytherin now?”

“You’re just sly. Here is your works,”

 

Krystal sighs at her partner’s attitude then start doing her works. Silence filled the room all of sudden. Their pens which scratch on the papers is the only sound that can be heard in the room. They’re being serious since the papers must be done by tomorrow morning, before morning class. Thank God Krystal Jung is partnered up with Ethan. That guy is a big help for her, because still hard for her until now to get involved with the other Koreans. It’s still more comfortable for her to talk in English eventhough she’s been living in South Korea for 5 months already. Besides, she should admit that she really loves working with Ethan because he’s a very well-prepared person and definitely smart. A perfectionist who will always do four times check before submitting his works. No wonder all girls in her department are going crazy over him. Not only from her department, but all! All girls in Seoul National University are crazy of him. Everyone is crazy of him, and it really freaks her out.

 

That’s the only thing Krystal Jung doesn’t like about Ethan: his fans are just the same with EXO’s.

 

“You should get yourself a girlfriend,”

He suddenly stops writing at the sudden question and takes a peek at her while his gesture is still like writing, ensuring that Krystal Jung is still sane.

“Why?”

“Because it’s kinda frustrating now. At school, everywhere I go with you, all of your fans will attack me. At home, the EXO fans will be very very very noisy and distracting, even now start attacking me too. If you’re getting a girlfriend, at least I can live my college life in peace,”

“How rude..,”

“Giving a friend advice about getting a girlfriend cannot be counted into ‘rude’,”

“You don’t need to always count anything,”

“Everything needs to be counted, accurately. Even the qualitative ones. That’s how an engineer works,”

“....really? Then, what kind of calculation is that? 398,5 metres? Are you going to make the bridge fall? And the DFD....are you even playing? The information system is a mess!” he said while looking at Krystal’s papers.

She was surprised and double checked her works.

“I can’t understand how you got into MIT,”

“398,5 metres you blind? Read it if it said 398,5 metres! My DFD is just so fine. Mind your works! I’m gonna get an A again from this. You just see,”

Well, he knows. Nothing wrong with Krystal’s papers, eventually. He just lied about it, to shut the girl. Krystal wouldn’t be remaining silent if Ethan didn’t make up of something related to her works.

“Done,” he then tidy up her papers and stretch his upper body as if he just lift something heavy.

“Don’t you have any other things to do?” Krystal lifted her head to face him, and find he shakes his head, “No,”

“Can you help me?” she said while patting her own shoulders. Ethan just let out a sigh and stand behind Krystal, always doing what Krystal Jung wants, and now he starts massaging her friend’s shoulders.

“Are you tired?”

“Hm,” she said, still busy working with the papers.

“Sleep early for tonight. We have morning class tomorrow. Are you driving by yourself?”

“No. Sehun will pick me up,”

“Whoa, what a player. Yesterday was Jongdae, the other day was Luhan and now Sehun,”

“Now is you,”

“I don’t want to,”

“Why?”

“Why should I want to be with the girl who owns many men i I can get one of just my fans?”

“...your sense of humour is a serious irony—argh! It’s hurt!” she slapped Ethan’s hand who pressed her shoulders heavily for saying his sense of humour is such an irony.

“Don’t be too denial over yourself. You also got lots and lots of fanboys in SNU. Mind if I mention it one by one?”

“I’m not buying your joke—done!” she said and compiled her papers and Ethan’s properly.

“Then answer, why don’t you get yourself a boyfriend?” he said, still massaging Krystal’s shoulder with one hand, while the other one is taking the pile of papers which Krystal hold and put it into another table. He's gonna check it again later.

“...it’s just a waste of time,”

“Why?”

“Life  has been hard, Ethan dear. It’s even harder for me if I only do all lovey dovey and selling love to another man. Many crucial things need to be thought of rather than just... love? Seriously, in the other part of this world, some people are trying hard to get the cure of cancer. The others are trying hard to do research on Mars, or inventing new technology which can empower a bacteria. Even some students in my college now try creating satellite that can invent forests accrately from diametres, to the species and identification. No time for thinking lame thing such love. I’m never gonna get into the play of love,”

My, my, too scary. You’ll never know anyway,”

“I know. I did the counting, even for love,” she said, then rest her back to the back of the chair. Her head is looking up to see Ethan's face, which startled him immediately.

He looks back at her face, looking at her hazel eyes sincerely. The cold linger on him slowly and silence filled the air all of sudden. Krystal’s eyes are getting heavier and just in some seconds, those hazels are closed. While Ethan is still remaining silent, standing behind Krystal while touching her shoulders awkwardly, and freezing without any makes-sense explanation. Never in his life, he’s being this close while facing a girl, even his mother.

Maybe that’s why, he feels strange and all stiffs out of the blue.

“You don’t need to always count anything, Jung,”

 

 

-xxxxx-

 

P.S. Hello everybody! Two posts in a row, hope you're gonna like it! :D Thank you for subscribing, anyway! Please give comments regarding to the story, so I can always improve my writing skills. Sorry if the chapters are just still plain since it's still in the beginning, well. I think it's only for an introduction? (..haha). Please look forward to the next stories! More surprises ahead ;)