Laughs

Eleven

It’s been 15 years since Krystal didn’t visit South Korea. She heard that everything has changed there. Her father said that even though some place still maintain its characteristic, most of it has lost its specialty. Now she has been an 20 years old girl, and she’s planning to go back to Korea for continuing his study in Seoul National University. She’s an intelligent girl, anyway. She studied bachelor in MIT for awhile and got exchange scholar for 2 years in SNU. She planned to conduct research in South Korea for her bachelor thesis.

 

That girl is now in airport waiting for the boarding time. She’s really nervous right now that she always wants her father to talk to her in Korea. She’s afraid if she’s suddenly being impolite once she got there.

 

“Dad, did I speak Korea well?”

“More than just well, it’s amazing!”

“Really? You don’t need to lie to comfort me. I’m just afraid if people call me impolite,”

Her dad just smiled and pinch her nose softly.

“Will I be able to make friends there?”

“Of course! Look, uncle Soo Man just called Dad yesterday and said that he has been setting up your apartment in the same building of his company’s boygroup’s dorm. He also said that the boygroup members are just in your age, so I think you guys can be good friend,”

“Oh...,”

“Have you ever heard that boygroup’s name? It’s really big in Korea and even US,”

“Who?”

“..e—example? Extract?—oh, I mean EXO!”

She shrugged her shoulders, “Never heard of it,”

 

-xxxxx-

 

And that’s how Krystal is now being friend with EXO members. She never heard any of them before, but once she arrived in Korea, she knew what her father said. They’re really big in Korea, even in the front yard of apartment is always full of fans. It has been 5 months for Krystal to be in Korea. She has been adapting well with her college friends, hangeul, even Korean manner. But EXO fans? A big no. Sometimes, the situation really forces Krystal to move out because she can’t focus to study due to the loudness of EXO fans and she’s also started being bashed by some of them in Twitter when some sasaengs have found out that Krystal is Soo Man’s niece and all EXO members are being so nice to her.

 

“Well, you must have been enduring so much,” said Krystal when she visits EXO dorm.

“What did you mean?” Kyungsoo laughs a bit while still reading latest music magazine.

She points out to the window without looking at it, “Them. You know, if I were you I’ll forever uit singing and continue my peaceful life as ordinary college student,”

Kyungsoo laughs again hearing Krystal’s answer. He’s just going to answer when...

“YAAAA!” ...Baekhyun interrupts.

“Noisy Byunbaek! Can you even lower your volume?” Kyungsoo protested.

Uri Krystalie, when did you get here?” Baekhyun ignored Kyungsoo’s protest and go asking Krystal cutely while putting his car key to the table. He knows that Krystal can’t take it when a boy tries to act cutely.

“Hmm, I’m not even yours. Stop calling me uri uri. I’ve just got here. Where have you been?”

“I just bought rice cake with the others. We’re going to held ddeokboki party tonight!” Baekhyun raises his hand in the air then putting one of bananas that had been served in table since awhile to his mouth.

Krystal is clapping delightfully then suddenly stops, “Too bad. I can’t join with you guys,”

“Why?”

“I have appointment to do assignment with Ethan,”

“Why always that boy! What is with you with that boy? Why does he always have to interrupt our happiness? Are you even dating him?” Baekhyun smirks a little.

“I think you need a hit. Of course not!”

“Well, it’s okay if you do,” Kyungsoo added.

Krystal rolls her eyes makes Kyungsoo and Baekhyun laughed so hard.

“But, seriously? You’re so close with him that people can mistaken you both as couple,” Sehun then joins them while placing a plate of washed apples on the table.

“No. He’s just my classmate, and surprisingly not a Korean which makes him able to talk in English. I mean, his family are all Koreans but he was born in England. Same situation with me, I think that’s why we get so close,”

“Where will you have your appointment?” Sehun asked.

“In campus, this afternoon,” she looks at her watch, “..still three hours to go,”

“Will he pick you up?”

“No, I’ll go alone. I also need to visit Sehwa. She asked me to buy her dinner if I pass her house,”

“Then let me take you there,” he said, while peeling another apple for his hyungs.

“Where? To the campus? Hell to the no. I’m not dealing with your fans. I’m not ready to die young in their hands,”

Kyungsoo who is sipping a cup of tea suddenly coughed hard and laugh after hearing Krystal’s statement.

“Let Sehun take you there. It’ll be more dangerous for you to go alone at night. The sasaeng fans will not do anything if you’re with one of us, we promise you. You can go there safe and sound,” Baekhun said while patting Krystal’s head after having the peeled apples in his hand.

Krystal glared at him all of sudden, a sign for Baekhyun to move out his sticky hand.

“Okay. If you can’t keep your promise then....,” Krystal continues her words by taking a glare at them. The three who noticed her attitude then just laugh.